Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• LilyAstro
    Options
    I can't say exactly why but I do find taller men attractive. BUT that's just taller than me, I'm 5'4 so if a guy was 5'10 I wouldn't be able to tell the 2inch difference from 6ft and wouldn't care. If a guy is under 5'4 then such is life, but no I probably wouldn't be as attracted to him initially.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I suppose there may be a flip side, would a man find a woman more attractive if she was taller or smaller then him?
    What if a woman is shorter, but taller when she has heels on?

I'm 187cm and I always thought it was a GSOH women were after ;)

Maybe it's good if we can reach things high up?
  • SarahH84
    SarahH84 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my husband is 6'4. I've ALWAYS been attracted to taller men! I like to wear heels even though I'm tall and don't have to worry about being taller than my husband when we are out together.

Maybe it's more of a "they could protect me" kind of thing? I'm not sure really. I guess I just like what I like!

^^ This. My Ex Husband was 6ft4 (im 5ft8) and I liked feeling small next to him, my current long term bf is 6ft2 and to me that is the perfect height difference, I can wear any heels and not have to worry. I think its unfair that at 5ft9 you have been deemed too short, I think that is way off. It just depends on the girl and her height.
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but I would like to put forth my opinion.

A man's worth is not calculated by his height nor attractiveness. Being 5'10-11ish, I can only think of one man that was taller than me, the rest have been my height or shorter. The physical qualifiers for attractive, in my opinion only are:

-Hygiene
    -Nice teeth/smile
    -A weight that is good for their lifestyle and happiness (they can be a bit chubby or too thin, I don't mind!)
    -I tend to go for dark hair, lol.

Other than that, it has to be personality driven for me to find him attractive. I sound so terribly cliche, but once those factors are filled, I look towards if I can talk to him about Final Fantasy, eat Szeuchan cooking with him and watch Monty Python and Bruce Lee movies in the same night. Why are these being brought up, you may be thinking? Of course people are more attractive when they have good personalities, right?

Because when you're a crummy person your ugliness shines through whatever desired height, skin color or physique you have.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" so must guys are taller than me anyway. I've had a boyfriend at 6' 4" and neither of us cared about the height difference but people DID laugh at us in the street. Make me laugh, be a little cheeky and I'm won over.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    we're all the same height lying down ;)
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I admit I don't date guys shorter then me however I'm only 5'2" so 5'9" is perfect :happy:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Its not!! My best friend is male and only 5ft7 compared to my 5ft10 but he's really super gorgeous and had we ever decided to be more than friends i wouldn't have hesitated even though i'm taller than him. It really doesnt bother me!! AND he encourages me to wear heels!!
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It isn't!!! Maybe for some ladies it is more important but then maybe those shouldn't be your type of ladies. Your friend was just rude to say that and tells more about her than you.
  • Jenni678
    Jenni678 Posts: 17
    Options

Because when you're a crummy person your ugliness shines through whatever desired height, skin color or physique you have.

Amen to that!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I didn't know it was? My bf is 6'7" but he's attractive to me because of who he is and everything we do and share...the height is just an awesome perk.

Man's attractiveness shouldn't be because of his height just as a woman shouldn't be attractive because of her breast size.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    A girl wants to look up to a guy, it looks in proportion and it's what we get in every single film, magazine, music video... That being said, the one man I am very much in love with is so short he doesn't reach my shoulder. Go figure. I believe it boils down to how much the girl wants to be with you, if she really cares - if she does height really doesn't play any role.
  • nayers86
    nayers86 Posts: 60
    Options
    It shouldn't be. I am so in love with my boyfriend who is 5'8'' to my 5'6''. He's everything I want in a man, his height is insignificant.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It isn't
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well... for me, because I am already 6ft and would rather not have to lean down to kiss my partner. As a result, I am with someone who is an ideal height for me, at 6'3" :)
  • NINtoTheVoid
    Options
    My Joe is 5'6"....I'm 5'4.5" and think he's the sexiest thing alive :blushing:
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I grew up around tall men. Between my dad, my uncles and my brother noone was under 6'2'' in my family except my mom and aunt. And they were 5'10 and 5'11 so.....tall is what I like. Im not sure why, can't explain, but don't usually date guys under 5'10''.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Tall guys are sexy. Women don't want to be taller than their mate. I thank my mum for my height.
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    Im only 5'1 so anyone that can pick me up is attractive to me haha ;3
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    A tall personality trumps short stature. Some of the sexiest men I've met don't even match my height. They just have so much more going on that makes them totally attractive.