What birth control are you using?

Options

Replies

• kellyreynolds14
    Options
    Fertility Awareness Method (NOT rhythm method). Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

OMG I was waiting for someone to say this! It is called understanding your body! Women can only get pregnant for a small window in their cycle, when they ovulate. And if you have minimal days of what they call "Fertile" cervical fluid, the window can be very small. Have as much sex as you want when you are NOT ovulating and either abstain for the 5-6 days while you ARE ovulating or use a rubber! As far as I am concerned ALL other forms of birth control probably have some type of side effect, whether we know it or not. I just got off Nuvo Ring and I have not ovulated for over 70 days now! I am giving it another couple of weeks then I am going to go see the doctor. I would not have know what was going on had I not been tracking my temperatures per the above method. I just read the above book and I am 150% a total advocate that ALL women should read it.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I use to take Allese then switched to Ortho Trycyclin Lo I am not on any birth control now but I need to get back on one because TOM is not always on time for me. I am thinking about asking my doctor about the Nuva Ring too.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I feel your pain, my hubby won't anyone near his family jewels either. Sigh. Just be careful with the nuva-ring, I've heard it's caused a lot of blood clots (which can be deadly!) And i've had 2 IUD's that have perforated, OUCH!!!!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Paragard IUD. No hormones. No weight gain. No side effects. Last for 10 years. Insurance covered 100%.
    same with me!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Tubal ligation. Minimal recovery and permanent.

This. I wouldn't have it any other way. They snipped and burned the tubes gave me picture proof and I was walking out the door all within an hour or so.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Being fat and ugly have worked wonders for me.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    My cousin was using Nuvaring. Almost a year later she finds out she is 3 months pregnant. :huh:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, my hubby won't anyone near his family jewels either. Sigh. Just be careful with the nuva-ring, I've heard it's caused a lot of blood clots (which can be deadly!) And i've had 2 IUD's that have perforated, OUCH!!!!!!

Neuvaring (like bc pills) are known to cause blood clots if you are a smoker. That is correct. Otherwise, it is not as high of a risk.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Tubes tied, best ever. I had it done during my last C-Section though, so don't know what all is involved otherwise. I have several friends who like Mirena.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    IUD all the way baby. I have the Paraguard, which is copper, non-hormonal, and works for 10+ years. LOVE it!!! Only SE is monir, occassional spotting, but completely worth the piece of mind. No weight gain, no NOTHING.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I'm using Yaz. During the first two packs I had terrible side effects but they've leveled out now. Those side effects were: extreme nausea, hungry almost all the time, mood swings, etc. Now those side effects have gone away for the most part and it's helped clear my skin a bunch and my weight is seeming to distribute differently even though my weight is the same.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Neuvaring (like bc pills) are known to cause blood clots if you are a smoker. That is correct. Otherwise, it is not as high of a risk.

We tried this for like 5 minutes. Both me AND the hubby broke out HORRENDOUSLY, which is why I think it works.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    My cousin was using Nuvaring. Almost a year later she finds out she is 3 months pregnant. :huh:

You have to be super careful to follow the schedule. Just like bc pills--time of day for a new ring to go in is VERY important. So if it is 10am, stick to the 10am on that particular day.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    the pull-out method.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Vasectomy. Best thing ever. We have two kids and we don't want any more bio kids.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Mirena IUD. The best side effect: NO TOM! :drinker:
  • Onesnap
    Options

We tried this for like 5 minutes. Both me AND the hubby broke out HORRENDOUSLY, which is why I think it works.

I've never known anyone to have this reaction--but each person is different.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nuvaring..LOVE it. Don't get all the awful side effects that I would with oral or the shot.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Non hormonel coil.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Fertility Awareness Method (NOT rhythm method). Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

OMG I was waiting for someone to say this! It is called understanding your body! Women can only get pregnant for a small window in their cycle, when they ovulate. And if you have minimal days of what they call "Fertile" cervical fluid, the window can be very small. Have as much sex as you want when you are NOT ovulating and either abstain for the 5-6 days while you ARE ovulating or use a rubber! As far as I am concerned ALL other forms of birth control probably have some type of side effect, whether we know it or not. I just got off Nuvo Ring and I have not ovulated for over 70 days now! I am giving it another couple of weeks then I am going to go see the doctor. I would not have know what was going on had I not been tracking my temperatures per the above method. I just read the above book and I am 150% a total advocate that ALL women should read it.

This is what we did before having kids also (had the kids on purpose). Any kind of hormone bc made me CRAZY.