new pill called not getting any.......been workin like a charm
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Marriage
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Fertility Awareness Method (NOT rhythm method). Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

OMG I was waiting for someone to say this! It is called understanding your body! Women can only get pregnant for a small window in their cycle, when they ovulate. And if you have minimal days of what they call "Fertile" cervical fluid, the window can be very small. Have as much sex as you want when you are NOT ovulating and either abstain for the 5-6 days while you ARE ovulating or use a rubber! As far as I am concerned ALL other forms of birth control probably have some type of side effect, whether we know it or not. I just got off Nuvo Ring and I have not ovulated for over 70 days now! I am giving it another couple of weeks then I am going to go see the doctor. I would not have know what was going on had I not been tracking my temperatures per the above method. I just read the above book and I am 150% a total advocate that ALL women should read it.

...umm, abstain? 5-6 days when ovulating, 5-6 days when menstruating? Oh Hell no. :huh:
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    shower babies :)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been on Mirena for nearly four years now and the only issue I had in the beginning was that my periods were messed up a bit. But I haven't had a period at all except for random breakthrough light bleeding in.... over three years. I'm due to have this one replaced next year. The insertion of it was the worst because they have to force your cervix to dialate which felt like labor pains all over again to me. I got used to it after about a week, had the strings cut back a little bit after a month, and it's been fine for me ever since then.
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I use to take Allese then switched to Ortho Trycyclin Lo I am not on any birth control now but I need to get back on one because TOM is not always on time for me. I am thinking about asking my doctor about the Nuva Ring too.

I know I just mentioned this in my above post, but the beauty about the fertility awareness method is that it works even if your cycle is all over the place. It is not dependant on a "typical" or "average" cycle and it doesn't matter if your cycle is the same from month to month. It allows you to know where YOU are in YOUR cycle so you kow what is going on. I'm just sayin........
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    the pull-out method.
    I FCKIN LOVE YOU!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Involuntary abstinence. ;___;
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nuvaring..LOVE it. Don't get all the awful side effects that I would with oral or the shot.

Yeah, I answered earlier but I'll re-post again--I have been on Neuvaring for 10 years. Before that I also got awful side effects with the pill--my levels of prolactin were high (that's not good if you are *not* nursing)
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mirena and I couldn't be happier!

It didn't hurt a lot to have put in. I teared up but that was it. Had some issues with my period at first then it went away. I have spotting once in a while.
  • alira23
    alira23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Not all pills are the same! I was on tricyclen lo for two months and it made me gain weight and have suicidal ideation and depression that increased in severity with the increased dose. I changed to Yasmin 21 and haven't had any problems at all. If one pill makes you gain weight, you could try another one.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I use to take Allese then switched to Ortho Trycyclin Lo I am not on any birth control now but I need to get back on one because TOM is not always on time for me. I am thinking about asking my doctor about the Nuva Ring too.

I know I just mentioned this in my above post, but the beauty about the fertility awareness method is that it works even if your cycle is all over the place. It is not dependant on a "typical" or "average" cycle and it doesn't matter if your cycle is the same from month to month. It allows you to know where YOU are in YOUR cycle so you kow what is going on. I'm just sayin........

Not an option for those of us that can't take any chances with getting pregnant. (for health reasons). There's room for human error no matter how well you track and know your body.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Fertility Awareness Method (NOT rhythm method). Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

OMG I was waiting for someone to say this! It is called understanding your body! Women can only get pregnant for a small window in their cycle, when they ovulate. And if you have minimal days of what they call "Fertile" cervical fluid, the window can be very small. Have as much sex as you want when you are NOT ovulating and either abstain for the 5-6 days while you ARE ovulating or use a rubber! As far as I am concerned ALL other forms of birth control probably have some type of side effect, whether we know it or not. I just got off Nuvo Ring and I have not ovulated for over 70 days now! I am giving it another couple of weeks then I am going to go see the doctor. I would not have know what was going on had I not been tracking my temperatures per the above method. I just read the above book and I am 150% a total advocate that ALL women should read it.

...umm, abstain? 5-6 days when ovulating, 5-6 days when menstruating? Oh Hell no. :huh:

You dont have to abstain. Just use a condom.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just took out my Mirena IUD. Best birth control ever! Had it in for 3 yrs but its good for 5 yrs. Light periods, no mood swings or weight gain.

Trying to get preggers this year. GULP!

My hubby and I are trying for a 3rd kid. Hoepfully we get the boy we're hoping for.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the people who are saying pulling out, crossing fingers etc.

I take my birth control every single day, even though I don't even have a boyfriend atm.

I am not having an unplanned pregnancy, no matter how horny I am.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My left hand...

I'm a righty myself.. lol

Actually I took matters into my own "hand" so to speak. I had the permanent kind done about 6 years ago. I shoot blanks!!
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mirena and love it!!
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Currently abstinent...not by choice. lol Lack of selection in my town. Condoms when I do because Im on Blood Pressure meds. May be looking into getting tubes tied by the age 35ish if I dont change my mind about having kids.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Just took out my Mirena IUD. Best birth control ever! Had it in for 3 yrs but its good for 5 yrs. Light periods, no mood swings or weight gain.

Trying to get preggers this year. GULP!

My hubby and I are trying for a 3rd kid. Hoepfully we get the boy we're hoping for.

Best of luck to you!!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Condoms :D No hormonal side-effects and they're still super effective.