Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Donna... I know what you mean. My son has a science project coming up in the next couple of weeks and I end up doing most of the work:grumble:

Oh ladies, I LOVE the projects that turn into ours. Makes me wanna thank the teachers! My kids have had some that are completely unrealistic for their age at the time, it's irritating.
  • Jim77
    Jim77 Posts: 8
    Options
    Bobbi and I just finished W1D2 of C25K. Not bad...getting better. Amazing how much better she breathes when she has her inhaler.:wink:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bobbi and I just finished W1D2 of C25K. Not bad...getting better. Amazing how much better she breathes when she has her inhaler.:wink:

Jim,

What is W1D2 and C25K? I read people mentioning, but have no idea what it is.

~Jan
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jan--

That's the Couch to 5k program-- 9 week (I think) program to get you, well, off the couch and running a 5k.

W and D represent week and day-- W1D2 is the second workout day of the first week of the program-- and so on, and so forth.

Great program--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

That is great! DH and I just did a fast mile with the doggies. They are happy, I am happy and DH is happy!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Donna... I know what you mean. My son has a science project coming up in the next couple of weeks and I end up doing most of the work:grumble:

Oh ladies, I LOVE the projects that turn into ours. Makes me wanna thank the teachers! My kids have had some that are completely unrealistic for their age at the time, it's irritating.

Lori, I got to redeem myself with my Primary school teachers by getting A+s on the kids science projects!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good Afternoon Black Team- I swear every time I check on MFP, my family comes creeping over to see why I'm laughing..:laugh: :laugh:

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER PURCHASE THE HOSTESS 100 CALORIE TWINKIE BITES! You cannot eat one packet of 3 and put them away. I had to log the whole box!@!@:embarassed: :frown: :mad: :sad:

I just love being in 7th grade again. Spent all day with ds on his OUR social studies project:huh:

Holy cow...........:embarassed: :frown: :mad: :sad:

I am that way on nuts! I have to count them out and staple the bag. Once had to log a bag of almonds.......2000 cals! OMG I was sick to my stomach!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Good Afternoon Black Team- I swear every time I check on MFP, my family comes creeping over to see why I'm laughing..:laugh: :laugh:

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER PURCHASE THE HOSTESS 100 CALORIE TWINKIE BITES! You cannot eat one packet of 3 and put them away. I had to log the whole box!@!@:embarassed: :frown: :mad: :sad:

I just love being in 7th grade again. Spent all day with ds on his OUR social studies project:huh:

Holy cow...........:embarassed: :frown: :mad: :sad:

I am that way on nuts! I have to count them out and staple the bag. Once had to log a bag of almonds.......2000 cals! OMG I was sick to my stomach!!

See, you are better than me. I'm not denying the fact that I have done such a thing. I however, would not have logged it! Cashews do it for me. I can't keep my little paws outta them! I stopped buying them.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Heya Black team-

Dang horrible weather has Beth and the boys stranded in Mass with her family and I am really aching for my family tonight. Especially that damn woman. Scary how empty life seems without her. So it's me and an empty bed for another night. <sigh> friggin snow. Probably gonna head to the gym in a few to keep me busy. I'll check in later.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Roni- hope your push ups went better than my pull ups the last 2 days. I had the Iron Gym on my bedroom door. The son that it belongs to took it off. I guess I wasn't supposed to use his present? Whatever! My new goal. Pull ups when they are at school. I am going to try to do 8 a day all week. I can't increase each day like I wanted and get it done while they are gone.

I had a good day. Took the oldest to the doctor, he has a really big indent in the middle of his chest. Pectus Excavatum. We had a referral to the plastic surgeon. It's considered a deformity and will never get better. DS doens't like the idea of getting it fixed, but he already has a low self esteem, how will he feel at the age of 20 when he's on the beach? Hard call. Next step is to get a lung function test and have a cardiologist look at his heart to make sure it's not impacting anything. It's always something. Huh?

I have been in the mood to eat everything in sight today. I haven't but boy oh boy I want to. My nose is all stuffy and the fluid in my ears is driving me crazy. Guess all the vitamin C I've been eating hasn't helped. Grrr.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well, I can't say I was able to log every morsel that I ate...but my eating has improved tremedously!!! Still keeping up with plenty of water...and consistant workouts!!! :drinker:
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Today has been a good day. I took my medicine. Went to my fit class and have drinking a ton of water. I have my cardio class at 9am tomorrow and that class is really intense. I am the newbie and those girls really whip my butt. But it is good for me and makes me work that much harder to keep up.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well, I can't say I was able to log every morsel that I ate...but my eating has improved tremedously!!! Still keeping up with plenty of water...and consistant workouts!!! :drinker:

None of us are perfect, it's the fact that we keep improving that matters! Yea you!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Today has been a good day. I took my medicine. Went to my fit class and have drinking a ton of water. I have my cardio class at 9am tomorrow and that class is really intense. I am the newbie and those girls really whip my butt. But it is good for me and makes me work that much harder to keep up.

Have fun tomorrow! It's good to be challenged.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

None of us are perfect, it's the fact that we keep improving that matters! Yea you!

:flowerforyou: Improvement is definitely awesome!!! :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't watch sports on tv so I have no idea what you are all taking about. I am sorry! :laugh:

me either........when the boys start talking sports.......I saw :smokin: HE'S HOT! and they walk away:laugh:

Jeannie that is one of the reasons I watch sports!!!

Me too-- new quarterback Mark Sanchez is a total cutie. Hubs gets so annoyed about "what you're teaching your daughters." Yeah, yeah-- blahblah1.gif Like, whatever--

The day I stop noticing a good lookin' hunka man is the day I'm dead--

That's right Marla!!! We are human after all!! :bigsmile:

Just because we're married doesn't mean we can't look at the menu :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm tired...he says its getting better. Heh..maybe...my legs are sore. Nightey nite Team :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I don't watch sports on tv so I have no idea what you are all taking about. I am sorry! :laugh:

me either........when the boys start talking sports.......I saw :smokin: HE'S HOT! and they walk away:laugh:

Me too-- new quarterback Mark Sanchez is a total cutie. Hubs gets so annoyed about "what you're teaching your daughters." Yeah, yeah-- blahblah1.gif Like, whatever--

We're just appreciating God's work, that's all! :laugh:

I do love football, but the hotties on the field are just icing on the cake. Mmmmmm Hmmmm.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

We're just appreciating God's work, that's all! :laugh:

I do love football, but the hotties on the field are just icing on the cake. Mmmmmm Hmmmm.

Shuntae, you said a mouuuthful. Agreed!

Jessica-- good to see you-- have a great workout tomorrow!

Therese-- congrats on the eating-- baby steps, right? Logging is tough when you're busy-- I'm a stay-at-home mom and I still find it tricky to log it all-- good job on the control and exercise this week.

Bobbi-- so nice to see you and Jim doing this together. My hubs and I run together, too-- although as I've stated (complained) in the past, everything's a competition for him-- so he pushes me. These days, though, I'm so tired that I don't bother to race. I'm happy just to cross the finish line.

Andrew-- hang in there, my good man-- (although it soooo doesn't compute-- I'd kill to have my house to myself-- )

Took the day off from running, but just did 50 minutes of pilates and 8 minute arms/8 minute abs with Sarah and Faith. I'm puffy like a marshmallow around the midsection from all the medicine water I'm holding, but these things were still easier to do than they used to be. Haven't done pilates in nearly 40 pounds. Also happy that I pushed up through the pain-- 15 push ups with the 8 minute arms. Woot!

Later, my team-- shouts to everybody--
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Way to go. Keep up the hard work!!!