All the questions no one wants to ask.

Options

Replies

• hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've also noticed that if anyone ever goes over their daily calorie limit everyone is generally really nice about it "tomorrows a new day" and comments like that. Which I actually agree with, one day doesn't count for a whole lot when we are overhauling our whole lifestyle, but if you have a day where you are way under your calorie goal you get slammed for being unhealthy and starving and all the rest... What happened to tomorrows a new day in this situation?

I think that going under (or way under) once in a while shouldn't be cause for jumping all over anyone but eating well under 1200 cals a day consistently is going to elicit a response about possibly starving oneself. I take into account if this is a once in a blue moon type of thing or an all the time thing before I comment on it.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've also noticed that if anyone ever goes over their daily calorie limit everyone is generally really nice about it "tomorrows a new day" and comments like that. Which I actually agree with, one day doesn't count for a whole lot when we are overhauling our whole lifestyle, but if you have a day where you are way under your calorie goal you get slammed for being unhealthy and starving and all the rest... What happened to tomorrows a new day in this situation?

Agreed. :) If I eat 900 cals one day, then 2300 the next, I'm not starving, I'm cycling. Which works for me. Lol.

i wish MFP had a way for us to assign different goals to different days. I don't usually cycle my cals... except for my TOM where i give myself a few hundred extra for a few days when I really need it, and then go lower the few days after to even things out.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I think that going under (or way under) once in a while shouldn't be cause for jumping all over anyone but eating well under 1200 cals a day consistently is going to elicit a response about possibly starving oneself. I take into account if this is a once in a blue moon type of thing or an all the time thing before I comment on it.

Yeah definitely.
    I'm referring to when u just have one bad day and get sslammed for it!
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I also wish we could set the targets for our net calories as well.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Yeah definitely.
    I'm referring to when u just have one bad day and get sslammed for it!

I definitely don't agree with that. In fact, when I see someone who is usually right at thier goal or a bit over have a day where they are way under I ask if they are feeling ill and tell them to get better.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

You can if you choose the custom option :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream would change your life. Little pricey but lasts ages. Even turns dry bleeding lips into perfectly smooth one's over night. It really is amazing stuff! X
  • Yrla
    Yrla Posts: 19
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

I've had this problem most of my life, for a while in my teens I got such bad eczema that I had to get two different types of cortisone cream on prescription to get rid of it. The eczema never fully come back, but the dry skin problem persisted. These days it's fine though, apparently for two reasons: 1. I wear no makeup at all, not even special brands/types that are meant to be kind to your skin. I haven't used any foundation and/or powder etc for a couple of years and it's definitely made a difference. 2. I don't use any kind of facial cream on my skin, but instead a little bit of aqueous cream (which I originally got for my hands) although my skin is so much better now that i don't need to moisturise anymore most days. Someone above mentioned sugar as well - this might have had something to do with it for me too as I cut virtually all (added) sugar from my diet 6-8 months ago and my skin has definitely been less dry since then, just hadn't made that particular connection before! I also eat a lot of 'good' fats, which may equally have had an impact.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Why is it we are now told to 'love our curves' that is 'ok to be a BBW' or that skinny models are frowned upon yet a fat model is ok? Since when did it become acceptable to be overweight (nobody has bones THAT big) yet being underweight is a no no

I've always thought this as well. Someone is dangerously underweight and they are sent to hospital and forced to eat and pretty much shunned, yet people dangerously overweight are celebrated in BBW type things and it is considered taboo to criticise an overweight person. Both are unhealthy, one may kill you quicker than the other, but they are both killing you.
  • pinkcowss
    pinkcowss Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I have rle dry skin everywhere I went to the doc and he gave me a scrit for some lotion it has worked rle well
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I am sorry you have anorexia sweetie but this is why your skin is so dry. You have to add more healthy fats to your diet.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

not to have them different for each day though? once you change your settings, it's retroactive, and if you go back to look at anything form the past, you are looking at that data in relation to your current goals, not your goal that day.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options

You may have dehydrated skin. I went through a bout of this when I was younger and my kids were little. I went to a friend of mine who was a cosmetician and she recommended a Vichy product (can't remember the exact name just the brand) that I used for about a year. It was expensive but it worked and I haven't had problems since.
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options

You need to add healthy fats to your diet, I have the same problem when I don't get enough fat in my diet.
  • evademers
    Options
    To the topic of which is better Model quality and Marilyn Monroe quality. I go with Marilyn but my goal is just to be fit and completly toned everywhere, not model quality not Marilyn quality but my own quality! I am currently 5ft6 and weigh 173, I have been working out for 3 months and have only lost 3 pounds so far but my body is really changing. My goal weight is to be totally fit and healthy even if I end up being 150. Not to mention what being healthy and exercising does to your mindset! To me thats the best part!! MIND BODY AND SPIRIT is all that should matter :)
    Second embarrasing question, I have a hard time with bathroom problems. I take Colon health with probiotics and Miralax everyday and still I am not regular. I drink about 20 8 oz of water and poweraids everyday and have a very healthy amount of fiber. Anyone else have this problem, and what do you do about it??
  • KateinSomerset
    KateinSomerset Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1200 calories a day - I'm 4'10" and aged 50+ (!) and sometimes I find it difficult to achieve this amount, but strive to hit the mark. However, it makes me cross when people congratulate me for NOT eating enough calories! I just don't understand their logic. Someone please explain it to me.......
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

not to have them different for each day though? once you change your settings, it's retroactive, and if you go back to look at anything form the past, you are looking at that data in relation to your current goals, not your goal that day.

This is true. :/ In the past, I've written daily goals in the notes and set my goal to my highest days cals. But it's a pain in the butt.
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    This and if you are outside a lot, then always SPF, preferable a fairly high factor. Even if its nt apparently sunny. There really is some meaning to the discription weathered face
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1200 calories a day - I'm 4'10" and aged 50+ (!) and sometimes I find it difficult to achieve this amount, but strive to hit the mark. However, it makes me cross when people congratulate me for NOT eating enough calories! I just don't understand their logic. Someone please explain it to me.......

Would you rather they told you off? plus maybe you are zig zaggin calories and that was a low calorie day.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a question... I go to to the toilet for "#2" four times a day more or less, naturally and almost immediately after eating (it has to do with my gastric bypass). Will the weight loss be the same, with the same calorie intake and burning, than that of a person that, let's say, goes once a day or every other day?

Thank you and sorry if this is too much info, but I need to know... :)

Hugs,

A.