All the questions no one wants to ask.

Options

Replies

• tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've also noticed that if anyone ever goes over their daily calorie limit everyone is generally really nice about it "tomorrows a new day" and comments like that. Which I actually agree with, one day doesn't count for a whole lot when we are overhauling our whole lifestyle, but if you have a day where you are way under your calorie goal you get slammed for being unhealthy and starving and all the rest... What happened to tomorrows a new day in this situation?

This is very true!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    To the topic of which is better Model quality and Marilyn Monroe quality. I go with Marilyn but my goal is just to be fit and completly toned everywhere, not model quality not Marilyn quality but my own quality! I am currently 5ft6 and weigh 173, I have been working out for 3 months and have only lost 3 pounds so far but my body is really changing. My goal weight is to be totally fit and healthy even if I end up being 150. Not to mention what being healthy and exercising does to your mindset! To me thats the best part!! MIND BODY AND SPIRIT is all that should matter :)
    Second embarrasing question, I have a hard time with bathroom problems. I take Colon health with probiotics and Miralax everyday and still I am not regular. I drink about 20 8 oz of water and poweraids everyday and have a very healthy amount of fiber. Anyone else have this problem, and what do you do about it??

Try adding in prunes. Sunsweet seem to be the best tasting I have found. Just 4 quick prunes can help. Also, peanuts, green veggies and coffee seem to get things moving. I have a VERY hard time in this department and these are the things that help me. Oh, and I have a Kellogs Fiber plus antioxidants bar for breakfast every morning. Once in a while I have a fiber one brownie as a desert.
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How to a regulate my bowel movements? Mine are usually during my first break at work but I would like to move it to when I wake up at 6 a.m., three hours earlier to help my weigh ins. Gosh this is embarrassing. If this has already been covered, I apologize as I haven't read all of the thread. XD
    You would need to reorganise the times you eat!
    Poo does not weigh very much 2-4 ozs per poo so deduct that from your scale weight instead. Be glad your body has a regular cycle of poo.

Don't ask how I know how much a poo weighs- it was in my text book.

Jasmin
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    O: SEVEN MINUTES? I'm with the 20-60 minute lass here, duration depends on how long we've got without. If we've been apart for a while we tend to go for about an hour but if I've stayed round for a couple of days three or four twenty minute sessions aren't unusual :3
    Same for me, too. But yeah - guess it does depend on the position and such - the health calculator says that I'd burn approximately 300 cals just for 20 mins, so I'm pretty impressed. Definitely getting the HRM now :P

Do any of you have a consistent meal plan? Like 200, 300, 400? (just estimates btw), or just try to stick within the set goals without looking at specific meals?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    How to a regulate my bowel movements? Mine are usually during my first break at work but I would like to move it to when I wake up at 6 a.m., three hours earlier to help my weigh ins. Gosh this is embarrassing. If this has already been covered, I apologize as I haven't read all of the thread. XD
    You would need to reorganise the times you eat!
    Poo does not weigh very much 2-4 ozs per poo so deduct that from your scale weight instead. Be glad your body has a regular cycle of poo.

Don't ask how I know how much a poo weighs- it was in my text book.

Jasmin

Okay, I eat at 6 am, 9:30 snack , noon, and 6 p.m. This is my work schedule so I don't really have a lot of room to change it. Sometimes I feel that they would be much heavier than that. Some look huuuuuuuge. :laugh:
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

I would try organic coconut oil. It's extremely good for your skin, and it's non-greasy! I started using it on my daughter's bum when she started developing diaper rash, and it cleared the rash up within 36 hours. Now I put coconut oil on her about once a day to prevent rash, and then I spread the excess around on my own hands, elbows, etc, as it doesn't slime onto whatever I touch. (Always hated that about lotions, plus they usually have alcohol in them.) The coconut oil is great, and really healthy. (Be sure to use organic coconut oil, though. You can find it in just about any grocery store.) Good luck!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Okay so (TMI):

My period is heavy. Super heavy. I go through a box of tampons in 3 days. I lose clots like crazy. And my gyno just told me that "losing clots is normal. It is your body getting rid of the old blood." But really, is it normal to lose about 9 or 10 fist sized clots? And to bleed THAT much (like I can feel it gush sometimes)????? They did a scan and didnt find any fibroids. But I can hardly move around during this time of the month as it really is that bad. I have to carry a change of clothes everywhere. ;'o(
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Okay so (TMI):

My period is heavy. Super heavy. I go through a box of tampons in 3 days. I lose clots like crazy. And my gyno just told me that "losing clots is normal. It is your body getting rid of the old blood." But really, is it normal to lose about 9 or 10 fist sized clots? And to bleed THAT much (like I can feel it gush sometimes)????? They did a scan and didnt find any fibroids. But I can hardly move around during this time of the month as it really is that bad. I have to carry a change of clothes everywhere. ;'o(

It can be normal, yes. Clotting just means that things are being expelled rapidly and the normal anticoagulants produced by your body kind of get bypassed. Fist-sized clots? In other words, the size of an orange? I've never heard of that.

Any chance that you could be entering perimenopause?
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Okay so (TMI):

Mine was/is like that since having my last child. The dr.wanted to do an ablation(sp) but I had scheduling conflicts and now have no insurance. I wish I would have had it done. However I've only been on the getting healthy journey for almost 10 weeks and I've noticed it getting a little better(only 2 severe days). I am obese and hoping that some of the weight loss is helping it. Don't know how old you are or your specifics. But an ablation is a good option if you are done having kids/not having kids, etc.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

I have found that eating avacados really helps my skin feel softer. Also about once every other week I do a sugar scrub on my face. I take some regular old sugar and some face lotion and mix it together until its pretty thick and very gritty. Then I just gently scrub my face with it and rinse with warm water...that leaves it feeling very soft indeed.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    How about diet pills? I am not interested in the weight loss part I am working on that on my own, I need the energy. I do exercise (getting back into it) and try to eat healthy but seem to always be dragging. I would love to find something I can take to help give me a little energy boost for now until I start losing weight and feeling better. I don't seem to have the energy problem once I start losing but right now I just seem to want to sleep any time I am not at work! I do sleep about 7-8 hours a night, eat breakfast, lunch and at least something for dinner then try to exercise. Any ideas out there??

I don't have anything good to say about diet pills. IMO, they are wastes of money at best and downright dangerous at worst.

It's natural to be tired in the beginning, as you're not only eating at a calorie deficit, but also asking it to do more work! are you eating your exercise calories? That helps somewhat.

Years ago, my BF at the time and I started a workout routine. We'd crawl into bed at night and joke about how much sexier we both must be looking by now but we were too damned tired to do anything about it! :laugh: That lasted a few weeks and then our energy levels improved.

Hang in there--it's normal to be tired at first, even without a calorie deficit!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Should your Poo Float or sink? My brother says if it floats it has too much Fat & oil but I think that fiber would make it float too.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It would be so varied everytime and different for everyone. You'd probably have to measure with a HRM (anyone actually done that? ). Code word is a good idea lol

I generally don't eat back my exercise calories either. But to be honest I need to be doing more exercise than I currently am.

In the beginning, I logged it as "sex" because I didn't realize that everyone could see it. hahaha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

How about diet pills? I am not interested in the weight loss part I am working on that on my own, I need the energy. I do exercise (getting back into it) and try to eat healthy but seem to always be dragging. I would love to find something I can take to help give me a little energy boost for now until I start losing weight and feeling better. I don't seem to have the energy problem once I start losing but right now I just seem to want to sleep any time I am not at work! I do sleep about 7-8 hours a night, eat breakfast, lunch and at least something for dinner then try to exercise. Any ideas out there??

I think diet pills are ok in an emergency situation. For example, I helped organize a local event that was last Saturday. I knew that if I didn't take a pill, then I would be hungry all day and have ups and downs. I took a Roxylean and it boosted my energy and staved off my hunger so that I could keep it to two hot dogs and one burger. But then Sunday, my energy level is low, so it was a trade-off. I was happy to have the boost Saturday and take a nap Sunday because of circumstances. I don't recommend using them on a regular basis. The good ones require a prescription.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hair!

My hair fall like there is no tomorrow...I'm afraid that I will be bold soon.
    Behind my ears, you can clearly see my scalp. It scares me.
    I had long, really really really thick hair and now, my hair are short, unhealthy and so thin that I can't do anything with them.
    I take supplements everyday (omega 3-6-9, multivitamins, calcium), after recommendation, I bought the Nioxin treatment. I heard and read that it was doing miracle, but after 30 days using it, I have stopped since I was loosing more hair than before.
    All of my blood tests are showing perfect results, I am not missing anything (from iron to vitamin B).
    I do everything in my power to save my hair, but I am unsuccessful.
    Yes, I do blowdry and use my flat iron every other day, but I don't think it's normal to lose that much of hair...I know a lot of people who are blow-drying and use their flatiron everyday and still, they have healthy and thick looking hair...

I guess there is nothing to respond to this really, just wanted to see around if I was the only one with this problem...

Eat more lean protein. You probably aren't getting enough and that is why your hair is falling out.
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the reply re: Hair!

To respond to some questions that have been asked, no I don't and never had kids.
    My thyroid is fine and all of my vitamins/iron/name it levels are fine as well...I got my results back last month.

I'll look into the lean protein theory.

Thanks!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Bruising? I wonder if I'm missing something in my diet or is it possible that all this fat bouncing around causes bruises. I have bruises popping up that I have no idea where they came from. On my legs mainly. Am I missing a nutrient or is it the exercise. They don't bother me, I'm just afraid I am not getting enough of something in my diet :)
    I started bruising very easily when I was pregnant, and it turned out I was anemic. Once I started taking an iron supplement, the bruising went away. Fatigue is another big symptom of anemia, so if you're also tired a lot, I would get your doctor to check your iron levels.
  • lldem
    lldem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading all the posts in this thread. I'm new to MFP and appreciate all the learning from the forums. Some of my comments: My BMs have changed since exercising regularily - usually a bit runny but only once a day regular. My periods are not as bad since exercising. I too have been chafed - only once lol and used deodorant after that on hot days and shorts. Lost a bit of hair but it has leveled out. My hair is thin to begin with and I wonder if its bc I wear it in a pony tail more often now running and bc its summer and hot. Glad to understand some of the lingo - I like NSV and think a forum dedicated to that would be good!
    Some questions: Is everyone set at 1200 cal/day? Also in reading some posts, can you see each others' meal diaries and exercise logs - if so how? I've only just started on MFP and the forums as someone previously said - can be addictive lol - but helpful. I find if I'm watching tv or on pinterest - there's alway food popping up and making me hungry! I also have noticed that I didn't eat all my cals - but I think you've gotta look at a week instead of a day... I've been drinking more water and not used to it therefore not hungry - bloated and also been eatting later in the evening about 7 for supper (summer schedule) so just not hungry.
    Thanks for all the insight!
    Wishing everyone success on their lifestyle :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

I take some diet green tea pills for energy and a bit of an appetite suppressant. I honestly sleep better when I take them, I think because I have more energy so am more active during the day and am ready to sleep at bedtime? I get them from iherb,com, which has all kinds of awesome stuff. If you order at least $20 in US you get free shipping.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bruising? I wonder if I'm missing something in my diet or is it possible that all this fat bouncing around causes bruises. I have bruises popping up that I have no idea where they came from. On my legs mainly. Am I missing a nutrient or is it the exercise. They don't bother me, I'm just afraid I am not getting enough of something in my diet :)

Bruising can happen for a few reasons,
    1st question ; are you on any medication.. Any kind of blood pressure or blood thinning medication can make you bruise easier. And lots of medications have this affect with out us realizing it's not just specific blood pressure mEds, things like asprin, a lot of anti-depressants .. There's a big list
    Certain foods can affect this too I'll look for a list.

Second of all are they real 'bruises' .. As in do they go through the bruise stages and color, blues blackish purple then get lighter or are they just darker skin discolorations, the latter may be so an internal issue like liver function. Although this is less common .

hmmm, the only medicine I am on is synthroid for my hypothyroism, I'll see if that is a side effect. They are regular bruises, they change colors and take a little while to go away all the way.

Ahh, this is a side effect of an underactive thyroid. You may need extra vit C. Can google it.

Jasmin

Also, go get your thyroid levels checked. Can't tell you the number of people on thyroid replacement who haven't had it checked in forever. You should have it checked AT LEAST once a year, more often if you change doseages or anything else changes. Our thyroid requirement change as we age and with WEIGHT CHANGES!