*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1984, my friend begged me to go to this party to meet this guy that they thought was so right for me. ( I had a boyfriend at the time that I was trying to get rid of and was not interested in getting another so soon). I agreed to stop by the party for a little bit, meet him, wasn't thrilled and then the boyfriend i was trying to get rid of comes up the street ( I had told my parents NOT to tell him where I was but they couldn't help themselves) and all my friends were like get on Joe's motorcycle and take off. He was running to the store.....

He asked me out after that and I said no but then saw him go down the street on his bike with another girl and you know how that is, he all of a sudden looked different to me. The next time he called, I went.....three years later we married and tomorrow we celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were 21 when we got married and we still laugh, act like teenager and live life to it's fullest, we just added our two children to the mix and enjoy every minute of it.....
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    8 months ago on line. LOL...
    I've been married before and can honestly say that I never knew what true love was until I met my boyfriend now.
    He's sweet, loving and not only loves me but my teenage kids as well... (now if you have teenage kids you know that's a keeper right there lol)

Lol I'm a teenager myself so I can think XD glad it worked out :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I don't think I've met mine yet...........................I have loved and lost, but I don't think I've had the TRUE love experience.

and I'm getting too old to go there :blushing: :blushing:

Never too old!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    In my classroom. He was my student. :) He showed up right at exactly the right moment for both of us. One week before or after and neither one of us would have been ready. These things work out exactly as they need to.

Also, I'm in adult education and NOT a child molester.

When I was in high school students dated teachers and some of them got married. If was no big thing. When my older sisters were in high school the drinking age was 18 and the teachers and seniors would go to the bar after school. Imagine if that happened today?

As for me and my hubby, he was my boss at my first job out of high school. I was 17 (just a week shy of 18) and he was 31. We've been together 22 years.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I haven't...yet. :sad: Either that, or I have met him and missed it somehow. :ohwell: I'm hoping he's still out there somewhere, though.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Back in 1991 when I was 18 and he was 20. Got engaged the same year and married in 1995. Happily married and very much in love 21 years later. Not only my true love but my soulmate.

Great!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    On the 10th of never. *sigh*
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I birthed him.

THIS.

June 9, 2003--fell in love with a wee lad...

Then I met ANOTHER true love on June 12, 2006.

THAT time, I fell in love with a little girl.

sigh

:love:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    At a bar, he was a friend of a friend and I was married (not in a good marriage but trying to pretend it wasn't so bad). Whenever I'd go out w/ my girlfriends, he'd be out with his friend so we became buddies too. When it was too hard to hide the fact that my marriage was crap, I asked for a divorce and then realized that I had feelings for him. We've been together for over 9 years, married for 7 and have 3 beautiful daughters together and he's been there to raise my daughter from my first marriage.

:)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I haven't met him yet...and at 44 it's not looking likely that I will :(

You can be happy alone (I am and I'm 17) but you're not too old
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 17. We had Geometry together. We dated for a summer and then he went off to college and we broke things off amicably. Then, 10 years later, I was staying with my parents for the summer and he happened to be in town staying with his folks. We ran into each other, sparks flew, and 6 months later we got married. :)

Awesome story :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    worked at Burger king and he walked in and insteantly caught my eye, turned out he just got hired, we worked the same shifts, flirted, hung out and one thing led to another and now 7 1/2 years later we are still going strong

Haha sweet!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met him when I had quit looking for love.

We were set up, but not ahead of time. I was having a beer with one of my friends and her boyfriend, and he called the boyfriend to see what he was doing. The boyfriend encouraged him to come meet me.

The rest is history. We will celebrate 9 years in October.

Oh yeah... I tried for three weeks to run him off after I met him, but he was patient and persistent. And still is.

I'm glad he is!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I haven't met him yet...and at 44 it's not looking likely that I will :(

You can be happy alone (I am and I'm 17) but you're not too old

That's easy to say at 17. People have been saying that to me since I was in my early twenties. Get back to us when you're 30 or older and still single, hun. :wink: I want kids (at least one biological) and my bio clock is ticking loudly. Some would say to just go pick a donor. To them I say, that route is not for me. It's very important in the development of a child to have both parents present and active in their life (provided they are mature, responsible adults with good morals). I want a good daddy to be present and active in the life of OUR child.
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    At the age of 4, When i plugged in my N64 and the boy without a fairy lit up before me.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    In college. I switched from one university to another and there he was :)
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i remember being in high school thinking oh ill for sure have a chick by the time i graduate......didnt( had 2 fun short relationships)......then i remeber in college thinking ohh ill probably find some girl and be engaged when i graduate.......nope.....then i got a job and thought ohh yeah within a few years ill have met a future misses and buy a house and have kids....nope....now im starring down the barrel of 30 with no true love...how sad
  • snowrose3
    snowrose3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was 21 and he was 18...I threw a party at my apartment and he ended up being ther cuz a friend of a friend of a friend invited him. I, however, was much more wrapped up in the fact that I 1) was having fun w my best friend that I hadnt seen in too long and 2) had invited this cute guy from my school :) the cutie from school went home before the rest of us were done having fun and I finally started noticing my future "love of my life" was flirting with me :) drunk n foolish me decided it was the perfect time to just make out with him as everyone else went to bed. I hope u don't get the wrong impression of me bc this is the first time I ever acted this promiscuous. The next day he got my number and now we've been together for over a yr!!! he is the most amazing, loving, caring, guy ever <3

That's so cute :) xx I don't think I'd ever like a younger guy though... don't know why.

That's what I thought!!! Lol. But ya just never kno what's gonna happen :)
    It's so nice of you to reply to everyone btw! :))
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    In an Alaska Yahoo chat room (2003)
    I was joined a volunteer group up there for the year and he was in the Army, stationed in Fairbanks.

Cool!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    In a psych ward, 6 years ago. We both worked there. I worked on the adult schizophrenic unit and was being attacked by a huge male patient. I pressed my body button, which alarms the staff & safety. He was the first response from another unit and probably saved my life. ( i was being choked and was starting to see black spots) My name tag fell off and he picked it up "to learn my name." A few days later, he gave it back to me and asked if I wanted to go out sometime.

This is so awesome!!