No More Excuses - Week 11

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Tammy - l will. I ordered BL power sculp, cardio max, and jillian's no more troube zones.

Think I am going to take the day off today. If I do anything it will just be on the treadmill, but slow. I am very stiff from aerobics last night. But tomorrow is weighin, and I am down 2.4 pounds this morning, hopefully I can keep it off.

Very tired today, son was up at 5, then the cat was driving me crazy, plus the cat was driving me crazy when i went to bed last night at 1230, scratching trying to get into the kids bedroom. Just didn't have a good sleep, makes for a tired, lazy, somewhat grumpy mom. Jesse (my son) has school today from 1-3, so if i do decide to workout it wont be till later this afternoon, and by then i will prob be out of steam.

Have some books to do today, and would love to finish reading my book (I LOVE to read).

Hope everyone has a good day, will check back in later on.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good morning, beauties!

I am feeling great today, despite the fact that our dog freaked out over the crazy rain storm we had last night. (Sorry Laura and Tammy! It left me and went to you!)

Renaegry - I love to read too! And I'm the type of person that just gets lost in a book for hours at a time. I hate putting them down. What kind of work do you do? Yay for the 2.4 down!

Tammy - sorry about that rain... lol Good luck with Shred today! I haven't gotten up the nerve to try it yet. Jillian scares me lol
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!!!! What a great morning! I am ready for Spring however. It is cold and just overcast here. No moisture. My sister lives in the LA area and she is getting pounded. I guess our mountains are getting it which is good for the spring run off!

Not really doing much today as far as excercise with the exception of Curves. I may do a little wii but it just doesn't burn the calories like I would hope it would.

YEAH!!!! I have ordered myself an HRM. Don't even remember what kind it is, but got in on Amazon. After I get it I will let you know how it works.

I am now up to 1500 calories on the curves diet. I am going to give it a try for a week, but if I start to gain, I am dropping back down to the 1200. I'm kind of a show me person. You kind of got to prove it to me before I will believe it!!!

I am ready for the week-end. It is suppose to be even yuckier weather here but I am just ready to relax.

Well....everyone have a great Thursday. Will check in tonight!

PS....Jack I hope your back survives your run today....Tammy good luck on getting everything done....Nisa I'm so glad you are feeling better, and Renae good luck with your new videos. To all you readers out there......Have you ever read "The Shack".....Must read in my book. I am NOT a reader and I couldn't put the dumb thing down! That says a lot!!! ;)

Ann
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Alright, i have had a no weight loss week. Very disapointed but i think i know whats going on. I think i'm working out too much. I also know that on sunday i cheated, but that was one day and i did so much excerisce to try to even it out. What me and boyfriend have been realizing is that i have been dieting and then working it all off before i go to bed. At night i run on my elliptical for 1 hour on level 8 resistance. Its burns 1000 calories. So basically all my food gets taken out and my body is in starvation mode while i sleep and then i do it all over again the next day. Plus i also do a biggest loser workout in the same day. We also think that i could be gaining alot of muscle and that could be affecting the weight loss.

So this week i am going to start a new type of program. I am going to stick to my calorie goal and do what the biggest loser 30 day shread suggested. I am going to do 45 mins of cardio and a strength excercise everyday along with dieting. My 45 mins of cardio is going to be my running elliptical. The strength excercise is going to be switching everyday between BIGGEST LOSER WEIGHT LOSS YOGA, AND BOOT CAMP. I want all my mucles to get their workout. NO MORE WORKING OUT BEFORE BED. I think pulling back on the excercise will help. At least i hope it will. Only time can tell. Wish me luck folks.

sarina

p.s. btw michael lost half a pound this week.

I am at 190.5 pounds right now
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well I ate at Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and managed to do it in a healthy way. They have 3 items that are 590 calories and under, I had a spicy chicken Salad, which was very good and only 490 calories. It was really hard to not eat bread or cheesecake, but I managed somehow.

Sarina, it totally sounds to me like your body is in starvation mode. I would recommend eating protein bars directly before or after your workouts in addition to your normal meals, it may be hard for you to eat all your workout calories, but you should probably eat at least half. You may have to start doing protein shakes and protein bars to compensate for all that working out. or just eat lots of bread. The key is to keep your calories up and your fat intake down.

Ann, we read the Shack as part of our sunday school class this last summer. Great read for sure. Hard to put that book down once you get into it.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well I took at break today and did no exercising, and unless I am feeling frisky will take off till Sunday. I actually did nothing today with the exception of finishing my book, and started another. Will work on books tomorrow. Very tired today, my son decided to get up at 5.

I am really hungry today, and I have a bag of old dutch tacos calling my name. I might be weak and dig into them this evening. (busy tv night - vampire dairies, grey's and private practice)

Dragonfly - I have my bachelors degree in administration, and I do books, and some personal taxes out of my house. Busy time now with getting caught up, so I can get all the year ends done. I probably do 5 or 6 businesses.

Justjack - W2G for being able to eat healthy and Cheesecake Factory - We live in a rural village (an hour) from a big center, and we don't eat out often so I find it hard not to indulge in the junk and grease when we go out.

Sarina - I believe a person needs cheat days to keep your body in balance. I make every Saturday my cheat day, and I just get back on track again on Sunday.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your helpful advice. I really do believe that i was working out too much to where i was in starvation mode and i'm gonna try to tone it done a bit. If i dont start seeing improvements i might start to eat more and have protein shakes. I still wanna be in shape for sure. I will keep everyone updated weekly by what changes i've made

sarina
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The run went fine today, only ran 2.5 miles, would have run further, but ran out of time. Had a really good weigh in today, down nearly 2 pounds, and the best part....................Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sounds like you are all having great weeks! I can't relate to the marching band members (i was a rebel guitarist) but I LOVE to read as well. It is hard here though as there are not many English Language books to be found and they are really expensive. I do read some books online - the free ones are generally classics like Austen and ****ens so at least I am catching up on all my literature.

I have had a really good week - stayed within my cals every day and going for my third run of the week tonight. I thought I would have lost a lot of fitness but I haven't. Next week I am going to add some more exercise in - I was thinking maybe the pushups and sit ups challenge that is going on another thread on here. I have actually changed my calorie goal from 1200 to 1400 and I am finding it sooooooo much easier. I actually think I eat less as I am not tempted to binge on 1400. I'm a lot happier and less food obsessed as well! It may make it slower on the weight loss but I'm ok with that.

Yay for nearly being the weekend! :smile:
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MFP censorship!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am here, I am here, I am here, sort of! :cry:

I think I am just exhausted and well very discouraged. I received your messages and working on messaging you back. Thank you Tammy, Ann and Amy. You guys are great!

My weight is up and my eating habits are horrible. I need to get my butt in gear. I will not gain this weight back but will weigh in the morning and adjust my weight ticker. I really can't do anything with my foot but I am stong enough to get through this.

Thanks for pulling me out of the depth of fatsville! :laugh:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your helpful advice. I really do believe that i was working out too much to where i was in starvation mode and i'm gonna try to tone it done a bit. If i dont start seeing improvements i might start to eat more and have protein shakes. I still wanna be in shape for sure. I will keep everyone updated weekly by what changes i've made

sarina

I totally agree that you were! You have to be able to balance everything!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    The run went fine today, only ran 2.5 miles, would have run further, but ran out of time. Had a really good weigh in today, down nearly 2 pounds, and the best part....................Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Good for you! Glad your back is better and allowing you to run again!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good evening all! Just finished the wii.....Can't believe I actually got myself on it! But glad I did. I think I am going to hit the shower here pretty soon! Made it to curves as well. I tell ya.....Once you are used to 1200 calories, it is hard to jack it up to the 1500 as you are suppose to on this curves diet. I guess I better have some yogurt or something tonight as I know I am under.

Well, I am so glad we are seeing people make progres with their own personal challenges (injuries, illnesses, everything!)

Here's to a good night to all!!!! See ya in the morning!
    Ann
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I am taking a break today, but I will not go crazy with my eating. I am at 261.2, but not stressing about it. I know that I will do this and that it is a process.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning all...Off to work again. I should be off today but I took on some extra work. Hubby is getting ready to have a knee replacement and I'm trying to earn a little extra to keep our heads above water while he is out. I have had a good week, made it to the gym Mon and Wed and am going again today and did the Shred the other days. My TOM is coming so I feel bloated but my weight has only gone up a pound instead of the usual five or so. We had a family dinner last night and I only ate 1 brownie and sent the rest with everybody else. Yeah me!!! I have a terrible sweet tooth. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. Yoo-hoo the weekend is finally here and I get to take a day off tomorrow!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I am taking a break today, but I will not go crazy with my eating. I am at 261.2, but not stressing about it. I know that I will do this and that it is a process.

Good morning Laura...Enjoy your day off and don't stress! Your body needs it. I'm taking mine tomorrow. Have a great weekend.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!

Laura; Enjoy your day! I agree.,...you will do it! Look how far you have come already.

Tammy: Good for you with only having one brownie!!!! Especially considering that if you are like me, you are craving chocolate right about now!!! I too have a sweet tooth and when it is that TOM it is really hard!!!

I am soooooooo glad it is Friday!!! It has been a long short week! No exciting plans for the week end just to get caught up again around the house! Should be a good week end to do it as the weather forcast is not to favorable for Saturday anyway.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and pick up that water bottle instead of soda or whatever other sweetened beverage you like!!! ;)

See ya,
    Ann
  • renaegry
    Options
    Good morning all. Well I had a great week, down 2.4 pounds to 163.6. Taking it easy today and only doing level 1 of 30 day shred. Then have books to try and work on today. Never worked out yesturday so I never reached my 3500 cal goal, but I was only short 700 cal, so that isn't bad seeing I never worked out for 2 days. Nothing else new hear. I was pretty excited with the loss, and also measered 1/2 inch lower on waist, and 1 inch on thighs.

Tammy: W2G on the brownie. Don't think I could have been so strong. Today and tomorrow, I don't watch what I eat so much, we always get together with friends on the weekend. But will try not to get to out of hand. And I always get back at it on Sunday.

Laura: Enjoys, everyone needs days off.

Ann: I should be doing the same with getting caught up on house work, but I always seem to put it on the back burner. It just gets surface cleaned. One of these days thou will have to give it a good cleaning.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning all. Well I had a great week, down 2.4 pounds to 163.6. Taking it easy today and only doing level 1 of 30 day shred. Then have books to try and work on today. Never worked out yesturday so I never reached my 3500 cal goal, but I was only short 700 cal, so that isn't bad seeing I never worked out for 2 days. Nothing else new hear. I was pretty excited with the loss, and also measered 1/2 inch lower on waist, and 1 inch on thighs.

Tammy: W2G on the brownie. Don't think I could have been so strong. Today and tomorrow, I don't watch what I eat so much, we always get together with friends on the weekend. But will try not to get to out of hand. And I always get back at it on Sunday.

Laura: Enjoys, everyone needs days off.

Ann: I should be doing the same with getting caught up on house work, but I always seem to put it on the back burner. It just gets surface cleaned. One of these days thou will have to give it a good cleaning.

Way to go on the inches and the pound loss. Don't worry about being 700 short on your cal burn. That is awesome!! Enjoy your weekend, you've earned it!