*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    At work. He wore me down Steve Urkle style. He kept asking, I kept saying... NO! Then one day I realized I loved him.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    If I ever do I will have to let you know.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I meet her every morning when i wake up.. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Aww!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met when I was 17 and he was 16. We hung out all summer!! I was in love with him by the time school started!! When school started he started dating someone outside our crowd. I was hurt. Didn't hear from him until 4 yrs later when he called me out of the blue!! Been together ever since. Married now almost 6 yrs with two little boys!!

Yay I'm glad he picked you!! :D
  • Chrisxytme
    Chrisxytme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Facebook Wrestler are avatars flirted a lot and then we decided to talk on chat, then phone, texting ect. Then i called into work one day and drove 3.5 hours to meet her. 2 weeks later she was pregnant with our son and moved in with me. We are engaged and our wedding is Sept of next year.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Grade eight and together ever since

Lucky you x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    True love??? Lately I've been feeling like it will never happen. :cry:

Hang in there!
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Uh hopefully tomorrow...lol
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We were set up to sleep together since neither of us wanted a relationship and our friends knew we would get along really well. He was here from England trying to get his work visa and had been denied 4 times even though he'd been working since the moment he'd stepped off the plane. He's a chef and was visiting a chef friend of his that had moved here from England.
    My favorite band is Depeche Mode and my favorite person in that band is Martin Gore. My true love was moonlighting at a bar that was owned by Martin's best friend and Martin was doing a charity DJ gig the night we were set up. My true love, Gavin, had gotten me Martin's autograph two days before because he knew how much I loved him. The night I met Gavin he introduced me to Martin. We were friends with benefits for 5 months when he continually asked me to marry him for his green card. We finally admitted we were madly in love with each other, got married 7 months later and just celebrated our 8 year anniversary.
    My true love made my teenage dream come true the night I met him. He continues to make me deliriously happy every day.

Lucky you...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and I visited the college I was planning to attend for an overnight stay. In the dining halls he showed up and asked if anyone wanted to go white river rafting and I thought in my head, "Whoa, I am going to marry that man". Then I went to the college and one day we started dancing at a party and then we went to my room and then his room and we stayed up all night just talking. Then we became best friends and did all kinds of crazy adventurous, inventive things together. Then I slowly started to realize from the way he was treating me that he really really loved me. No one had ever treated me that way before. I had never been loved like that before. There was a deep respect and caring between us (I'd never experienced that before). And I started to realize that I really loved him and was extremely attracted to him. There were lots of amazing moments leading up to that. Then I told him that I loved him and he said he had loved me for 2 years. Then we started a romantic relationship. One day he proposed to me on the golden gate bridge and then we danced down the bridge together. We've been happily married for over 12 years now. The love just gets deeper and deeper and we keep the adventure alive as well.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    10 years ago when I was on a trip to PA from CA. He asked "if we ever see eachother again will you go on a date with me?" i said "yes." 8 years later the Coast Guard stationed me in New Jersey and I looked him up on FB. We've been married a little over a year :):love: :heart:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    November 5th, 2008 I brought my gorgeous little princess into this world. And she is my life and my everything.
    But she wouldn't be here if it weren't for meeting the love of my life. My husband.
    I was 15 he was 17 and my friend and his friend were friends. They hooked us up. We met on Friday November 8th 2002 and started dating November 9th 2002. And have been together ever since. These two are my world. I live and do everything for them.

It was different with him instantly. I was always such a shy person and never talked to guys or asked guys out or made any moves....well I was 15 lol but my friend and I snuck out of her dad's house that night and met up with him and some friends. We walked through the woods and I was walking by him talking and I tripped, I grabbed his arm and kept it there and then slid my hand down to his and held it. SUCH a bold move for me. Then he let me sit in the front seat of his car lol big for him. We met up again the next night and the rest is history. Almost 10yrs later and happier than ever.

Cutest story ever
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and I visited the college I was planning to attend for an overnight stay. In the dining halls he showed up and asked if anyone wanted to go white river rafting and I thought in my head, "Whoa, I am going to marry that man". Then I went to the college and one day we started dancing at a party and then we went to my room and then his room and we stayed up all night just talking. Then we became best friends and did all kinds of crazy adventurous, inventive things together. Then I slowly started to realize from the way he was treating me that he really really loved me. No one had ever treated me that way before. I had never been loved like that before. There was a deep respect and caring between us (I'd never experienced that before). And I started to realize that I really loved him and was extremely attracted to him. There were lots of amazing moments leading up to that. Then I told him that I loved him and he said he had loved me for 2 years. Then we started a romantic relationship. One day he proposed to me on the golden gate bridge and then we danced down the bridge together. We've been happily married for over 12 years now. The love just gets deeper and deeper and we keep the adventure alive as well.

Love this story!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was in 1989 while I was in my late 20s and I didn't even like him! lol We got to know each other during a weekly volleyball night with friends. We were married when I was 31. We're celebrating our 20-year anniversary in September! :heart:

Yay! Congrats!
  • Mrs_sexobeat
    Mrs_sexobeat Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    when i was dreaming.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 and working at Mcdonalds!!!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was in a really rough long distance relationship from someone I met in a game I play. (yes that is super lame I am aware but it gets worse). He was VERY controlling and would use my good nature against me. I always wanted to be there for my friends, but because I have strong friends that don't put up with that, he did not like me hanging out with them. He also hated that I drink. (By drink please note I mean I like to get tipsy from time to time. I have never had or will have a drinking problem as I do not like being totally drunk.) My friends were upset that I was not going out much, my online friends were upset I had to stop talking to them (as I was a guild leader and he hated that my online friends were male... because my married male friends wanted me... -sarcasm-) At this point, I went out with my female friends, had a star wars movie marathon, and they grabbed my phone and cussed him out when he told me I had to leave. I left... like an idiot.

Shortly after it was my friends birthday, she invited me to come and stay the night and said if I let that prick interfere she'll fly and kick his butt. So, I went. His only rule was "no getting drunk." As I was texting him he was doing his usual "uh huh... uh huh" one word crap. But there was a guy that my friends cousin brought and I thought he was kind of cute. I had a friend that night who said "go out, have fun, and who knows maybe you'll meet someone. Don't blow them off cause some prick on the internet" so I decided to just be cute in front of him. After a smirnoff I just tickled him and we were all chilling out and talking. My friend got a bit more drunk than I did, and was asleep leaving me and this guy awake. We were debating how to sleep as there were only two couches, and my friend was taking up the whole short couch. We ended up sharing it, talking, and then he started tickling me, which led to cuddling, which led to out of nowhere him kissing me. I was shocked as I am not a forward girl, and I have never just kissed someone I wasn't dating. Spent the whole night up talking about some common interests, common past with relationships, our love for poetry, Repo the genetic opera, etc. He had to leave for work, came out in his uniform and I just about had my jaw drop. He was the pepsi guy that stopped in my store that I blushed like crazy over how cute he was! Regardless, we spent a few days texting, he told me that he was in a mix up with two other girls, but he ended up picking me.

As for the prick several states away. The day after my friends party it was her birthday. He was texting me and already putting me in a down mood because I was supposed to be home and not out and about. I looked at her, and said "I have a gift for you." I'm not the type to break up with people, so I told him I got completely wasted last night and was suffering a major hang over. He dumped me and two days after that I'm with my boyfriend of over 2 years now. We want to get married, and we're hoping we can do it soon. I want next year so I know my granma will be there, but his biggest concern is money.

You made the right choice! x
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    November 2009. That month, that year...has forever changed my life. My husband and I married November 2010. We are so similar that we understand each other more than anyone could understand either of us. We are spitfires, we love hanging out with each other, and discovering new things with each other.

I feel, and told him, that I use to get extreme anxiety when traveling to new places for fear of being lost and never finding my way back, losing those I love, etc. Now, I tell him that when I am with him, I feel safe and comfortable and can be anywhere and never feel anxiety. Its the truth.

We will be celebrating our 2nd marriage anniversary this November and I couldn't be happier. We've had fights and threats of breaking up, etc but it always gets better. Communication and compromise and two very important qualities to possess when married.
  • WoozleWife
    Options
    Met on the bus - well I saw him on my bus for years, thought he was really nice. Bit geeky, liked to read - kind of like me. I was in a relationship but didn't know anyone else in the town I lived in and knew he lived in my town and wondered whether I could be friends with him if nothing else. One day I tracked him down on Facebook by putting in an authors name of books he often read, the town we live in and where he worked (saw the insignia on his fleece). I was far too shy to break the ice and sit next to him and chat, so sent him a message on FB. He was in a relationship too. After a month of chatting online we spoke in person - we're both pretty shy. We became really good friends, talking on the bus most days. We were both really unhappy in our relationships and tried to help each other out with ideas to make things work with our respective relationships. As time went by I realised the thought of staying with my partner and perhaps one day moving away and never seeing him again made me really upset and I knew I had fallen in love with him. I ended my relationship and some time later he ended his. Nine months after we met we got together. We got married last year and he is my best friend in the whole world.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    April 24th, 2010.

He added me on facebook because he thought I was "his type" and I thought he was full of it. We didn't talk for a few weeks then I had posted a status about taking a shower with my dog to conserve water and he told me he washed his dogs in the sink. So I pretty much made fun of his tiny flea dogs and we hit it off. He conned me into giving him my number the next day by saying he had to go out but still wanted to talk (and come to find out he didn't go anywhere). So we texted a lot and decided to meet and the first day we hung out from 5pm to 9am in the morning. I knew I liked him but I didn't fall in love until May 31st 2010 when we spent a full day in Hollywood together.

Been together ever since, and he proposed February 21st, 2012

We're getting married April 24th 2013! :]

[PS] One of the little flea dogs I mocked is now one of my best friends.