*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    working at buger king in 1996. he was working to. had 2 kids bought a house and got married.( in that order.)

Make your own rules :)
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Who says I have??? Are you offering?
  • grabbin_life84
    grabbin_life84 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    (2003) We met in an Alaska chat room of all places. I was volunteering in Anchorage, Alaska for the year while he was stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska as a active duty soldier in the Army. It took us 4 years to actually meet in person! I moved back home to Tennessee after my time was up in 2003 and he deployed shortly after. We lost touch for a few years, save for the occasional "Happy BIrthday" or "Merry Christmas" over an offline message.

However, the age of Myspace blew up in 2005, while I was attending college in Oregon state. He was the first person I thought to search for and luckily, he had just created an account himself one week before me, so I found him! I was giddy and quickly fired off an "OMG IT'S YOU " message. He immediately wrote back telling me how strange my timing was, with him only activating a Myspace account one week ago and that he wished he would had said something sooner....He'd been in love with me since the the first day we chatted... The feeling was very mutural!!! We FINALLY met face to face for the first time in September 2007. That day will forever be one of the best days of my life; right up there with the day we got married 12/27/2008 and the day we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our home and hearts 2/12/2012--- We are definitely soulmates, loving life, one another, our baby girl and growing old together:)
  • mrmaxpowers
    Options
    We met 11/05 , married 7/7/7 , had three kids, and she passed 02/10/12. Two days before my youngest turned 1.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    We met 11/05 , married 7/7/7 , had three kids, and she passed 02/10/12. Two days before my youngest turned 1.

*Hugs* I'm so sorry! That's really sad, and now I need to go cry.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    This is a LONG story, but it's pretty cool.

I was 18 and just broke up with my ex (after an insightful trip to Disney World, which I think ultimately saved my life) who was stalking me at the time (this will be a theme later on), so I wasn't looking to date anyone. I was with my ex since I was 14, so I was young, stupid, and made decisions. Whenever I wanted out of the relationship, he threatened to harm himself. Not wanting that over my head, I stayed. A friend of mine knew I was unhappy, and she wanted to set me up on a blind date with someone she worked with who she thought was perfect for me. I declined. This was when I was 17.

During my first year as an undergraduate, I was taking a philosophy class and he (the person I am with now) was sitting in front of me. I liked his coat. LOL! We never talked in class, so I didn't even know what he looked like, just the back of his head and coat.
    We FINALLY met by a pop machine during a fifteen minute break from class. A friend of mine and I were talking to him and another girl, and I discovered we had a mutual love of writing and that we both had a dream of becoming novelists one day, just that we were late going back to class. He and I were talking; then the four of us headed to the elevator to continue talking as we went back to class. After class, my friend pulled me off to the side and was like "wow! I felt the connection between the two of you! You should totally go talk to him again!" I didn't want to because of ongoing issues with my ex. Charlie, he who is my "wuv, true wuv," asked me for my email address. I gave it to him and decorated the piece of paper with pink and yellow highlighter butterflies, which he still has to this day. He and I communicated through email awhile and discussed writing and writing goals. I found myself falling in love with this guy, and I couldn’t wait to correspond with him. The funny thing is, we still had class together, but never talked again in class! Then the emails died down because school was getting busy, so I figured that was that.
    The last day of class, I did manage to talk to him again. I found out he was dating another classmate, so needless to say, things got awkward because I liked him. So I saluted him and ran off! Yea… who salutes people? I went home, and being the teenaged girl I still was, I cried. I ceased contact with him and called it a day. That’s when my ex started to stalk me more and got really crazy with online stalking, too, so my computer was pretty much bugged, too.
    A week after the awkward salute episode, Charlie signed online and onto Yahoo messenger, something he never did. So I saw his name and said “hey, you’re never online!” He was like “you’re always online!” And we tentatively started talking again. And around the same time, my dad had a heart attack. I escaped to my digital art, so I was online all the time anyway while I tried dealing with all the crises in my life, so Charlie signed online, too, to keep me company and to talk. He was going through some stuff, too, since his girlfriend was unhappy and didn’t want to be in a relationship anymore, so he was upset over that. Anywho, long story short here, we talked a lot.
    School started again for the spring semester, and the stalking got worse. My ex somehow found out my class schedule, so he was following me EVERYWHERE and waiting for me after class. I had to keep finding ways so he wouldn’t find me since campus police wouldn’t listen to me. During this time, I kept running into Charlie in weird places around campus, so in a way, it felt like fate was shoving us together. I would still talk to him online after classes. However, my ex hacked my messenger and started communicating with Charlie with disgusting comments about how we were “still together” and that I was playing Charlie (he and I weren’t dating yet), which made Charlie angry at me. :( So we almost stopped talking until he and I were sitting at the library one day signed into his messenger when my ex signed into mine pretending to be me. Both of us changed our emails and messenger names.
    Finally, February 5, 2005 was the fateful day. My ex came up to school to talk to me, and I kept trying to get away from him. I ducked in the bathroom hoping he didn’t see me, but he did. When I thought he was gone, I left the bathroom, and he was standing there; at the same time, Charlie was walking by (and he wasn’t supposed to be there since his grandfather died and he was supposed to be flying to Utah for the funeral; he was there getting his homework for the week). I saw Charlie, and boy was I relieved! I ignored my ex and greeted Charlie, and we started walking to another building. My ex ran up, grabbed me, pinned me against a wall (there were witnesses), and started threatening me. Charlie tackled him off me, which caused the ex to run off threatening to harm himself. Charlie missed his flight; I ditched my classes for the afternoon because I was too shaken up, and we went to have coffee at Starbucks. That was the first time he held my hand, and when he dropped me off back on campus for my art class (my only solace the entire semester), we kissed and it was magic! We were officially a couple.
    A few months later, I ran into my friend who wanted to set me up on a blind date in high school. I introduced her to Charlie.
    “Oh my God! He’s the guy I wanted to set you up with!”
    Small world!
    Charlie and I have been together almost eight years. ;)

This is such a nice story! :) Thanks for taking the time to type it
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Who says I have??? Are you offering?

Nope
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    13 Dec 2003 :). We were both 19. We were married 3 months later, and our oldest daughter was born 9 months later (almost to the day, LOL). We are both more in love than ever! :)

Yay!! :)
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    late February 2011 through an online dating site. In person March 4th 2011 which is also the day we started dating. Not married or engaged yet but we talk about getting married and having kids and what our kids names will be. I am so deeply in love with him and we just mesh perfectly and I am more myself with him than with anyone else. We know almost everything about each other but every day there is still something else to learn. And according to astrology (not too into it buuut) we are just about the perfect match and everything they describe is spot on. Every time I think of him or get a text/call from him it makes me smile.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Exactly one year ago today =D
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met in elementary school and actually got voted Class Flirts together in 9th grade! He was about 4'9 and a total punk and I was taller and had started developing. We did not like each other.

Through Facebook, years later we got back in touch and realized we had a mutual LOVE for the New York Giants. Many failed attempts at meeting up to watch a game at a bar later, I asked him to actually go to a game with me when some tickets came available. I kissed him in the 3rd quarter and its been on ever since.

We are getting married February 1, 2013 :)

Congrats!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I was 21, he was 32. He was our UPS driver where I worked! All of us girls thought he was adorable (has a really cute butt). Luckily for me, I was the one he asked out. He was divorced and had custody of his 3 kids (11, 9, and 5). We started dating in April 1984, I moved in with them in August 1984, got engaged on Friday the 13th May 1988, and married on April Fools day 1989. It, to say the least, has been a roller coaster ride but I wouldn't have changed it for anything. And WE raised the kids....birth mom decided not to be a mom anymore!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was in high school and one of my friends had a crush on my husband.. a transfer student at the time.

He was tall, blonde, and had green eyes.. Wow..I was impressed ..I thought he was cute but shy.. Then I found out he had a girlfriend and that was that! .. lol. I lost all interest!.

My friend worked in the school office and had his school schedule and home information memorized ...haha She was nuts for him!

Then one day during swim team practice a mutual friend introduced us.. and we began to talk and walk home together. He was a diver and I was a swimmer. He always says he "FLIPPED FOR ME".

We began dating the following week and havent missed a day of talking with him since March 1983. We'll be married for 25 years this November 2012! <3<3<3
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I thought I found my true love, but I was wrong. Then I thought I found my *real* true love, but I was wrong again. Then I thought I definitely found it this time, but it wasn't it. Then there was this other guy, but nah. I think the third time I thought I found it, it might have been it, but I can't be sure but I don't think I will ever know, and I really want to know, he probably already has a true love. Then I think maybe it was the first guy, but he's a dilhole, so that'd really suck if he was my true love because that ain't happening.

Forget them all :/
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Thank you she now teases me and says why can't you stop talking like when you first saw me. :happy:

By the way this thread has kind of blown up on you :bigsmile:
    Haha why do you say that?

Because I am surprised that there are a lot of people willing to share their stories. And the fact that you reply to EVERY posting is some dedication :smile:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    (2003) We met in an Alaska chat room of all places. I was volunteering in Anchorage, Alaska for the year while he was stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska as a active duty soldier in the Army. It took us 4 years to actually meet in person! I moved back home to Tennessee after my time was up in 2003 and he deployed shortly after. We lost touch for a few years, save for the occasional "Happy BIrthday" or "Merry Christmas" over an offline message.

However, the age of Myspace blew up in 2005, while I was attending college in Oregon state. He was the first person I thought to search for and luckily, he had just created an account himself one week before me, so I found him! I was giddy and quickly fired off an "OMG IT'S YOU " message. He immediately wrote back telling me how strange my timing was, with him only activating a Myspace account one week ago and that he wished he would had said something sooner....He'd been in love with me since the the first day we chatted... The feeling was very mutural!!! We FINALLY met face to face for the first time in September 2007. That day will forever be one of the best days of my life; right up there with the day we got married 12/27/2008 and the day we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our home and hearts 2/12/2012--- We are definitely soulmates, loving life, one another, our baby girl and growing old together:)

Awesome story!
  • EllaNovella
    Options

I'm sorry :(
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    late February 2011 through an online dating site. In person March 4th 2011 which is also the day we started dating. Not married or engaged yet but we talk about getting married and having kids and what our kids names will be. I am so deeply in love with him and we just mesh perfectly and I am more myself with him than with anyone else. We know almost everything about each other but every day there is still something else to learn. And according to astrology (not too into it buuut) we are just about the perfect match and everything they describe is spot on. Every time I think of him or get a text/call from him it makes me smile.

That's sweet... A lot of you are on dating sites I see :P
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Exactly one year ago today =D

What a coincidence hehe
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was 21, he was 32. He was our UPS driver where I worked! All of us girls thought he was adorable (has a really cute butt). Luckily for me, I was the one he asked out. He was divorced and had custody of his 3 kids (11, 9, and 5). We started dating in April 1984, I moved in with them in August 1984, got engaged on Friday the 13th May 1988, and married on April Fools day 1989. It, to say the least, has been a roller coaster ride but I wouldn't have changed it for anything. And WE raised the kids....birth mom decided not to be a mom anymore!

Lucky you! Sounds like fate <3