All the questions no one wants to ask.

Options

Replies

• katie81smith
    katie81smith Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    As sad as it sounds, a little desitin before bed on your inner thighs will work wonders.... i'm just over 200 pounds and have found that this happens to me when i wear sweat pants if I don't keep them pulled up all urkle style. lol.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you may also want to check with your gyno and see if the IUD is a good idea for you. I used to have super heavy period and bleed for 7 days at a time with super intense cramps that they put me on narcotics for. Since I have gotten my IUD I don't ever have period and I don't cramp at all and I also had a tubal done 6 years ago now. Might be worth looking into.

I got an IUD and my period got heavier. I got the copper 10 year one though.
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    think ill make my first post lol :bigsmile:
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    It would be so varied everytime and different for everyone. You'd probably have to measure with a HRM (anyone actually done that? ). Code word is a good idea lol

I generally don't eat back my exercise calories either. But to be honest I need to be doing more exercise than I currently am.

Me too. One of my co-workers keeps some dumbells in the office (she is an awesome lady!!) and I just did some sets. Most exercise I had in weeks.

That I'm not embarassed to log! haha JK JK

And I agree with the other posters, when did the body police start picking on small women?

I'm so sick of seeing the "this" is hotter than "this" with a runway model on the left and Marilyn Monroe on the right.

People probably aren’t stating that it’s ok to be over weight, but rather, that it’s preferred for people (women) to look like they eat, then sit there and starve themselves. That’s how I interpret it at least.
    cuz in all honest its not okay to be over weight. not saying anyone is a bad person, but simply saying that we all know the health problems extra weight can create.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing a lot of people asking about sex and calories. I never log sex. I just consider it as part of my lifestyle, just as I don't log walking to the mailbox, taking a shower or doing the dishes. I only log purposeful exercise, such as hiking, running, weight training, etc. :flowerforyou:
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Why do I need to eat my exercise calories? isn't the point of exercising to loose weight and disguard the calories you already ate? The math does not make any sense to me.

Some ppl eat them back and some ppl don't. The point of eating them back is to refuel your body. For example you eat a 500 cal breakfast, which gives you energy to go to the gym and you burn 600 cal at the gym. You just used up all your fuel source and will start to feel week and tired, hence why you should eat again after working out and continue to eat small meals throughout the day at 2 to 3 hour intervals. Basically, the 600 cal at the gym cancels out the 500 cal you ate which means you need to add those cals you burned from exercise back into your calorie allowance for the day. Also, Sometime if we don't eat back partial or fully all our exercise calories we're lowering our metabolism by not constantly keeping our body fueled.
  • katie81smith
    katie81smith Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay so (TMI):

My period is heavy. Super heavy. I go through a box of tampons in 3 days. I lose clots like crazy. And my gyno just told me that "losing clots is normal. It is your body getting rid of the old blood." But really, is it normal to lose about 9 or 10 fist sized clots? And to bleed THAT much (like I can feel it gush sometimes)????? They did a scan and didnt find any fibroids. But I can hardly move around during this time of the month as it really is that bad. I have to carry a change of clothes everywhere. ;'o(
    Please see your doc again there can be quite a few causes of this ranging from diet, hormones in addition to fibroids. Please make sure you have the gynae checks done again too (if you read my profile you'll see why I say this).
    Jas

Sorry my post posted too early and got logged off so could not correct until now

you may also want to check with your gyno and see if the IUD is a good idea for you. I used to have super heavy period and bleed for 7 days at a time with super intense cramps that they put me on narcotics for. Since I have gotten my IUD I don't ever have period and I don't cramp at all and I also had a tubal done 6 years ago now. Might be worth looking into.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Now that I no longer have any cushion in the TUSHion will squats or some other button muscle excersize accually make sitting comfortable again?
    I don't mean to get butt hurt about nobody answering my question but my butt hurts.

Ride a bike, it will build your butt.
    Ride with a seat wide enough for your butt not to hurt while you ride.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing a lot of people asking about sex and calories. I never log sex. I just consider it as part of my lifestyle, just as I don't log walking to the mailbox, taking a shower or doing the dishes. I only log purposeful exercise, such as hiking, running, weight training, etc. :flowerforyou:

Hiking is exercise? I only log it if I get to wear a funny costume. (:wink:)
    Seriously - if your activity level includes it don't log it, if it does not, do.
    I have my activity level set on sedentary (I'm actually active everyday) so I log anything above a 10 minute walk. Not sex. It's a bonus. :wink:
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    What is the minimal amount of exercise I need to be doing to lose weight .. ( yes I know no one should do the bare minimum but I really suck at the exercise part and need a starting point to build up from)
  • MikaelaBaird
    Options
    For dry skin, our doctor advised a little Vasoline. It's cost effective, and the best moisturizer out there, even compared to the expensive brand name products. Works great.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    What is the minimal amount of exercise I need to be doing to lose weight .. ( yes I know no one should do the bare minimum but I really suck at the exercise part and need a starting point to build up from)
    You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight (just stay within your calorie range), but you will lose all the weight and be "skinny fat" if you don't exercise to tone your body.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I have a question. Kind of embarrassing. Since I have started working out every day, I have noticed that I sweat way more, even when I'm just doing minimal stuff, like cleaning my house or walking around a store. Yesterday I took a very leisurely walk around the block and was sweating profusely by the time I got back. What is going on with me?? Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, will it go away any time soon? It's really starting to get to me.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Kind of embarrassing. Since I have started working out every day, I have noticed that I sweat way more, even when I'm just doing minimal stuff, like cleaning my house or walking around a store. Yesterday I took a very leisurely walk around the block and was sweating profusely by the time I got back. What is going on with me?? Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, will it go away any time soon? It's really starting to get to me.

Your body is learning that you exercise regularly! So now as soon as your heart rate starts rising, your body says "Hey, I know where this is going. We're going to overheat soon if we don't start sweating right now, so start sweating!"

As your overall level of fitness improves, you'll find that things like leisurely walks and housecleaning won't turn on the sweat jets. ;) But for now, wear clothes you don't mind getting sweaty when you'll be active.
  • 126siany
    Options
    Question.. I have cross country practice 4-5 times a week and I'm usually in the negative nets all of those 4-5 days because our sessions burn 1500-2000 calories. I'm not trying to starve myself, I just burn too much too late in the day to eat even close to what I need to eat back, being a vegetarian also makes it hard. I like to eat healthy so my day usually consists of coffee, 2 fruits and salad before a practice. After, if I eat too much I get sick. I'm just wondering how unhealthy this could be for me?

You have to plan for the extra calories all throughout the day on your practice days. Otherwise you can't get them in. So take that 1500 calories and divide it up across your day. Add them to each meal and snack and perhaps have an extra snack.
  • 126siany
    Options
    Why do I need to eat my exercise calories? isn't the point of exercising to loose weight and disguard the calories you already ate? The math does not make any sense to me.

When MFP calculated your daily calorie goal, it's already built in a sufficient calorie deficit for you to lose weight without any exercise. Eating your exercise calories back keeps you at a consistent calorie deficit.

With 75 pounds to lose, you may not need to eat all (or even any) of your exercise calories. But for most people, failing to eat any exercise calories results in such severe calorie restriction that their metabolism slows down and they lose more muscle mass than was necessary, further slowing their metabolism.
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    It's not a weird question or anything but I would like an opinion on this, my skin on my face is really dry and I wanted to know if anyone has advice on how to treat it?

I drink 3-4 litres a day, I use a moisturising lotion in the mornings then olive oil in the evenings(I thought maybe it could help but it hasn't). I work in childcare and I'm outside alot with the children, don't know if this can have affect or not. The rest of my skin is soft and smooth it's just my face and I had really bad eczema growing up.
    I don't wear alot of make up and I have to wear only specific brands as previous foundations, etc have dried out my skin more so. My skin has never been as bad as it is now:/ Am I doing something wrong?

I use to have the same problem w make ups and eczema... I use CoverGirl Auqa Smooth and it doesnt do that to my face... other CG products will make it come back. And also I used a Vit C face wash and drank a lot of lemon water and ate oranges to clear it up. Something to do with Vit C... Worked for me... thought I would mention it just incase. But everyone is different! Good Luck!
  • ebony__
    Options
    Ok this is weird and maybe a bit gross ?? My fat feels like I'm getting softer? Is this because it's becoming less dense as I lose weight? I hope it's for some good reason because it feels gross,
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same on my tummy and more cellulite. Have persuaded myself it's because the muscles are firmer so a greater contrast. It makes me feel better even if deluded. What I want to know is how the fat shifts around to the parts I dislike most at anyone time. It is an overnight thing!
    It's currently heading to my inner thighs from my love handles.
    :ohwell:
  • ebony__
    Options
    I hope mine shifts itself all together !!