Why do YOU delete "friends"

Options

Replies

• MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    - Unhealthy eating habits. Starving yourself. Junk food constantly. Etc.
    - No effort put into working towards their goal. No exercise and frequent binging.
    - Arrogance. Condescending attitudes. Etc.
    - Inactivity
    - Deactivated accounts. I have no clue why MFP keeps them on your friends list if they deleted their account anyway.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1) people who haven't logged in a month

2) possibly people who post WAY too much and my home screen is dominated by only their conversations

3) I unfriended a couple of family members (who aren't very active on here anyway) because I want to surprise them with my progress. I'll be seeing them next weekend. Last time I saw them I was at least 30 lbs heavier. And I'm going to run a 5K with my son-in-law....he thinks we are going to walk it....he doesn't know I've been doing C25K and I plan on running the entire 3.1 miles. He ran it before but he thinks he is going walk it with me to take pity on this poor old man who is overweight and out of shape. :bigsmile:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ED
    Not on for a month
    Keep spreadsheet
    No sense of humor
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I can't stand ignorant or cocky people.

yup yup!

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I'm not sure which side I am on.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I only really delete people who don't interact with me..no other reason. Oh, or if you post pics of your boner. Just those 2 reasons.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    1. People who FR me, and then don't talk to me. Or anyone.
    2. Prudes, butthurts, permanent victims, bores, & whiners.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    If they haven't logged in. I think if one of my friends was super rude to others on a thread I would consider deleting them as well. Thankfully this hasn't happened.
  • saamantha
    Options
    - If they haven't logged in for 3-4 weeks.
    - If they constantly update their status with the same things day after day
    - If they are intermittently inactive; a week here, a week there.
    - If they do not communicate AT ALL.
  • Dana2282
    Dana2282 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok, i didn't know you could delete friends. I haven't figured out how to anyway lol but if i could figure it out i'd delete:

-People who post every 5mins
    -People that never want to motivate me or respond to my posts
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone and probably would only delete someone if they were really rude or nasty to me, or if they keep posting spam or advertising.

THIS
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I have deleted people who don't give back AND who have a closed or inactive food diary. I'm a very supportive person and a bit of a cheerleader for people on my friends list. If I consistently give support and encouragement and don't get any back, and on top of that I can't get a different food perspective and set of options by seeing what you're eating, then there's no point to you being in my FL. u_u

Otherwise, I enjoy chattiness, can tolerate attention whoring, and am not opposed to boobs here and there. :D
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone, yet. I don't see any reason to... I've been deleted though. I guess I can get annoying sometimes. Who knows..lol
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    - ones who haven't logged in a month
    - ones who don't interact with me
    - ones who are annoying
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    jeez..i couldn't be friends with a single one of you i believe based on your reasons. some i can see as legit, but most "reasons" are so silly. lol
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone, even if they hardly ever log in. But I was deleted once and I don't even chat on my profile much. I barely keep up with it. I'm mostly here to log my diet and exercise. But she had a history of eating disorders and had a hard time with the small amount I eat.

There is no way I could "chat" with all of them every time they comment so maybe I will someday get deleted for that as well.
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options

There is no way I could "chat" with all of them every time they comment so maybe I will someday get deleted for that as well.

for real! sorry if you're offended when i don't comment "AWESOME WAY TO GO KEEP IT UP!" every time you post a .5 weight loss or come under your calorie goal. i don't have time to do that on every one of my friends posts like that. use common sense, of course i'd think that was a great thing! if someone is constantly needy like that and doesn't like my inactivity on commenting then they can remove me.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I literally have under 20 friends. It may be closer to 10 to be honest. I only keep people on my list if I have a genuine connection with that person. I like to keep in contact and have actual 'friendships' rather than just having hoards of people on my list. Those on my friends list, I really care to encourage and inspire and vice versa.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted any, I have the odd one that hasn't logged in in a while so I send them a little encouraging message to make sure they're ok - sometimes we need a bit of a prod to get back at the logging and I would hope if I hadn't logged in after a while someone would notice and message me :)
  • staceface519
    Options
    - guys who are so into themselves all they see is their muscles instead of helping persons when they ask
    - people who log in only 1 day a week
    - unmotivated
    - belittling people
    - the 18 year old females with eating disorders that put their eating disorder in their status for everyone to give them attention
    - the people that are close minded and or judgemental
    - people who say they dont want to be friends because of your eating habits. . . hello?? its called helpling and educating people much???
    - close-minded people
    -judgemental people
    - arrogant people
    - annoying, whiney kids

ive deleted about 20 people so far.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted one person and they were spamming their business.