Men..Is your wife outta shape?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but I gained 60lbs in the 5 years that we were dating! It wasn't on purpose of course, and I've lost almost 40 of it now and I plan on getting back to where I was when we first got together...but it happened!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My wife is on here and I'll comment. Yeah - after our second child we both got out of shape and put on a bunch of excess baggage. You don't have anyone to try to impress anymore, so you just let things slide.

Fortunately we decided to work together to get back in shape and look completely different then what we did 20 months ago.

awesome - good job :)
  • cybercpa
    cybercpa Posts: 60
    Options
    :smile: My BF is smart enough not to "go there" with this type of conversation. LOL. He adores me at any weight and has amply demonstrated that. I guess I have more "qualities" than just my body and my looks. Brains, education, career, character, integrity, fidelity are a good start!

Perhaps, she has grown older and with age women's metabolisms slow down, or perhaps she has had a few kids. Are you imagining she "let her self go" simply because she is now married to you, "Prince Charming". LOL

Maybe you need to go to a few high school class reunions, those "male hunks" I remember in high school, sure don't look the same anymore. I guess they got married and let themselves go, too... LOL
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I gained weight after being married...enough said.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ...Marriages go stale often because people just let themselves go. They think it doesn't matter anymore because they love you for you... which is true...but women should WANT to look good for their husband, at least I think!!!

I agree! I want my future husband to be proud as hell of the woman on his arm! ...or at least be hottest daughter in law in the family ;)

No, women should want to look good for themselves and their husbands should find THAT sexy -- along but secondary to their physical appearance. And something tells me you'll stand out among the daughter in laws, though I am not sure it will be in the way you want.

awwww, but i used a winky face, didn't that elude to my being kinda sorta jokey? ...it should have. I certainly want to look good for myself, but a big motivator, too, is knowing that my future spouse is proud of his confident woman.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    All of the women in my family (aunts, mom, grandmother, etc.) are in very good shape. That's a big reason why I wanted to lose weight, I didn't want to be the fat kid in the family!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If my husband came on here talking about my weight without me knowing, I probably would be hurt. Just saying.

Word....Wife bashing is always inappropriate and the sign of a bad husband.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No. My wife is not out of shape, and it is killing me. I am panting and following around behind her almost 24 hours a day!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    No. My wife is not out of shape, and it is killing me. I am panting and following around behind her almost 24 hours a day!

excellent :)
  • BigRich822
    Options
    My wife gained very little weight even after 2 kids and she still looks great! She eats whatever she wants and doesn't have to do a thing. I envy her sort of in that way, I wish it was that easy for me! I love my Sexy Wife 8/22/09 forever!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    For me when I saw this it motivated me to lose weight. I saw this website and it was an eye opener.
    http://www.noob.us/pictures/i-blame-marriage/

OMG 0_0
  • staceybe58
    Options
    My husband and I both lost weight AFTER getting married. We make it a point to stay active together and prepare meals & snacks together.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm outta shape. My wife is beautiful.
  • sam_sb2008
    Options
    I weigh a lot more than I used to and it is nerve racking and brings my self-esteem down. When I was smaller and could fit into my pants, I was confident and nothing bothered me. Eating what my boyfriend eats, no time to excercise at all and stomach problems caused my weight to skyrocket. My boyfriend says im not fat and he loves me no matter what but I want to prove to him and myself that I can get back into great shape and look awesome. He would never say out loud I have gained weight in front of others but he won't lie to me in private either. He actually said he wanted to be my excercise "manager" to help me on my goal. I have started running everyday again and watching most of what I eat. That's support!
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My wife isn't too ultra-sensitive or mean enough to discourage me from commenting on this thread (and she's also not fat like me)....BUT married people tend to gain weight. At least 75% of them gain weight after marriage.

Single people are still trying to find a mate or at least make it on to someones booty call list, so they tend to be more aware of how they look.

Makes perfect sense to me anyway. :)

I agree :) I was happy and in love with my boyfriend got fatter...then we broke up I lost weight ahaha seems to just happen.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think married people start to gain weight because they're happy and comfortable with each other. In our case, I began to do a lot of home cooking and wasn't afraid to use butter and oil ;-) I think it's still important to try to be the best you can for your husband/wife, I do disagree that husbands/wives stop trying to impress each other. If that's true, I find that a little sad :-/ Not that it means my husband doesn't love me or like me no matter what, but for goodness sakes... I still want to be attractive to him and for him. Who wants to be the dumpy housewife?

Anyways, I think any self-respecting couple knows better than to say anything anywhere - be it internet or to a friend - that they wouldn't say to their spouse's face. Isn't that a general rule in any relatonship anyway?