Why do YOU delete "friends"

Options

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    people who never log in, and girls who are seeking attention..or people trying to sell you something...
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged in a month ..

This
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    If someone hasn't logged in for more than a month, or if their habits and goals are extremely unhealthy.. I don't delete very often, I won't remove someone for not commenting or anything like that because I do way more reading than responding too
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone and probably would only delete someone if they were really rude or nasty to me, or if they keep posting spam or advertising.

This. It's not like I never roll my eyes at what people post or sometimes I even get a little annoyed. But I suppose so do they.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've only ever deleted one friend and it was mainly three things:
    1. unhealthy means of weight loss (specifically HCG)
    2. unhealthy attitude (almost daily posts berating herself)
    3. fear of the spread of that kind of general negativity
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mostly I delete people who do not communicate with me at all, and those that are not consistent with logging in.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    If they're posts sound like they're trying to advertise a product or sell their fitness services. I'm not here read ads.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    people who haven't logged on for a month...i figure they gave up...

You have to have that spark or drive to want to meet your goal. I will be more than happy to give support. It starts from within or communicate your difficult moments or your need to take a sabbatical & I will pick up the support from where you left off upon your return.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I deleted a girl who would have really long and frequent status updates that I couldn't understand for all of the spelling mistakes and abbreviations for words that really shouldn't be abbreviated. I got tired of trying to decipher what she was saying
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't monitor my friend list that closely. I don't stalk people's diaries. If you don't interact with me, then I don't know you are there. No harm done. If you do interact with me, I try to respond. Sometimes, it's hard to keep up. As long as you are not an a**, you are welcome to stay. Happy to say I have not encountered any negativity on my page as of yet. I have some truly wonderful people who interact with me on a daily basis and I am grateful for them.
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't monitor my friend list that closely. I don't stalk people's diaries. If you don't interact with me, then I don't know you are there. No harm done. If you do interact with me, I try to respond. Sometimes, it's hard to keep up. As long as you are not an a**, you are welcome to stay. Happy to say I have not encountered any negativity on my page as of yet. I have some truly wonderful people who interact with me on a daily basis and I am grateful for them.

i totally agree with this. i've added new friends since i found the forums, but i have no idea how many friends i have or who they all are. i don't think that's bad. i'm sure at some point i'll need them or talk to them, but i don't need to be all up in their business, and i sure would hope they aren't all up in mine either.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged in a month ..

^^^^ This, but I always send then a little note, something like "Hey I know it can get busy sometimes and we just can't find the time to log in, but .........**** you "
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    This is part of the friend request disclaimer on my profile . . . yeah, I come with a warning label.

Fastest ways to get deleted from my friends list:
    - Fail to interact with me in some way - this crap makes me pissy.
    - Be consistently negative and/or complain about lack of progress while failing to take any advice or do anything to change it - again, makes me pissy.
    - B!tch at me about things I post in the forums, in my status updates or the things my friends say in their comments - opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one, if you don't like mine or my friend's then get the *kitten* out.

Oh, and sometimes I just get trigger happy when I start clicking the X. *shrugs*

I love you.
    Wanna smooch?

and I delete when i want to...that simple.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If they haven't logged in for a month...and if I always support them and never get any response from them...really don't like deleting though:(
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I normally only accept friend requests b/c I am curious about their story -- Then I just delete most of them. :laugh:
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If I look at my friends list and see that they haven't been active for a long time...I'm patient with the people I really like, but if I don't care for them anyway I have no problems deleting if they haven't logged for a month.

This sounds terrible, but people who aren't in the same place as me that I can't relate to. If you have 7 pounds to lose (NOT 7 left, 7 TOTAL) and we have nothing in common or really offer each other in terms of this site, I just don't feel we have much to say to each other.

People selling plans, pills or promoting something unhealthy.

People who are not encouraging or people who stalk me and pick apart my diary. No....I did not need to eat "x, y, z" and yes I could have done better....but I'd like constructive criticism, not just criticism. I don't know about all of you, but I have enough people criticizing everything I do in a day.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am probably more likely to be un-friended---than to delete--because I am a 1200 cal-gal...and sometimes--when I post-on threads---I can be a little blunt. (shrug) I notice a couple of my threads go un-answered---but I am here to lose weight--that's where my head's at. I am so excited to be part of this community--I friend people who are on the same challenges I am on-- as a support-- or who can teach me something---people I admire---who have what I want in terms of fitness.
    I am a serious--rah-rah---but I do not need that same kind of quid pro quo. I got some tough talk the other day--which was helpful--and that suits me fine.

But after 30 days on here--I do plan to re-evaluate--and see if I am being ignored, (I notice who responds to my posts and who does not)

but so far--I have only deleted one person--who asked to friend me--she had over 400 friends--posted 99 per cent novelty-type threads, risque or scatalogical stuff, self-admiring threads----not only---- not my style ---but as a newbie-- hungry for fitness advice,support, and exercise and role-modeling---waking up to those kind of threads--did not make sense to stay connected.
    it was like reading---National Enquirer--instead---of Vanity Fair

I doubt she knew she'd been vapored:sick:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    If I haven't seen a person in over 2 months, I message them first and
    then if no answer I delete them.
    We need to have friends for support because this is a battle of the bulge
    everyday for me. Momentum, support and kind words when you
    are not doing so well.
  • EmpressHollie
    EmpressHollie Posts: 25 Member