What phobia do you have?

Options

Replies

• opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    What is your phobia or what are you scared of?

Mine is trypophobia. (have fun with googling that once you see what it is I bet some of you will realize you have this too!)

Lol - I don't think I have trypophobia. I love circular shapes and holes. Aero bars and Swiss cheese have never freaked me out - I eat them very happily.

I have a phobia of flying. Whenever I travel anywhere by plane, I spend the whole journey being terrified, and I get nightmares about flying too. I didn't even realise I would be scared of flying until I first flew - I had thought it would be fun!

I have a bit of a phobia of elevators as well. Nothing very extreme - I just always think that it might break and go hurtling down, or that it might get stuck, and that makes me nervous. So I take the stairs whenever possible. I don't really like being stuck in anything that moves, to be honest. Even cars. I don't drive, and much prefer to walk everywhere that's within a few miles away.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Its not a recognised phobia but it is "an irrational fear or aversion to something"... second hand books and antiques/antique shops they make my skin crawl and i have to constantly wash my hands... annoying thing is my parents like buying antiques :| ggrr
    x
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I have the normal fears, spiders, hieghts, being held down unable to move, but I have an irraional fear of people knocking on my door if I dont know their coming, If im not expecting them and someone knocks on my door, I panic a little:embarassed:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely have trypophobia, especially when someone blows one in one of my theories!
  • shanagreest
    Options
    Moths and rubber bands
  • purpleelephand2011
    Options
    megalophobia -fear of abnormally large things(sea animals, forign plands that are crazy huge), bugs,spiders(thay make me cry), vomit, the dark, things that fly too close to my head, drowning...but i promise im not a hermit! =D
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    telephonophobia or telephobia

I hate talking on the phone, especially if I have to make the call. Thank god for email and texting.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I have a dance performance coming up, I worry that I will catch something while riding the train. And it seems like when I am worrying about that, the crazy people always want to shake my hand for some reason.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Cancer, because I've lost too many loved ones to it.

Fish, just because they're creepy with that blank stare and buldging eyeballs.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    corn...i have a phobia of corn...yes, i love to eat it, but can't go through corn mazes or drive near corn fields...ever since the movie children of the corn, it freaks me the **** out!!!!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Fear of talking on the phone...but only certain times. I have no problem calling businesses to ask a question about something/schedule a doctors appointment, but if I have to call a customer to inquire about an order that they have placed, I get such anxiety...
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    telephonophobia or telephobia

I hate talking on the phone, especially if I have to make the call. Thank god for email and texting.
    I have this. I can handle calling for appointments and things, I just have a weird fear and anxiety of having phone conversations with people I know, friends, family. I think I'm insane. I never answer the phone.
  • chubbymcchunkster
    Options
    Scoptophobia - the fear of being stared at.

This and Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Scoliodentosaurophobia

Fear of lizards, its crippling, I don't just scream like a girl, I am effing terrified :(

Edit: I live in South Florida, my life is hell lol

When we lived in Florida, I would catch those little lizards and clip them to my ears as ear rings..and then pull their tail off because I knew thy would grow another one. LOL
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Carcinophobia.....it messes with me on a daily basis. The fear of Cancer :?
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of being buried alive too. Kinda morbid.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Fear of talking on the phone...but only certain times. I have no problem calling businesses to ask a question about something/schedule a doctors appointment, but if I have to call a customer to inquire about an order that they have placed, I get such anxiety...

That's interesting because whenever I talk to friends on the phone for the first time, I get really shy and they ask me why I suddenly am acting so quiet, shy and untalkative. There's something about not being able to see body language and facial expressions (and knowing they can't see mine as well) that feels really strange and foreign to me. But, once I get used to talking to a particular person on the phone, the phone shyness goes away and I am back to normal again. There is an adjustment phase that happens with each person.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Fear of embarrassment, fear of getting lost or travelling alone. Also a fear of talking on the phone with strangers. There may be technical terms for them, but hell if I know. ;D
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My phobia started as a simple adversion however turned into a phobia when I moved to Arizona.

Entomophobia: The fear of insects.

I am originally from MN where there are tons of insects but very few dangerous ones. Since moving here we have not had a great deal of luck in rental properties. Black Widdows, Scorpions, Brown Recluse, and while I have been told multiple times that those big black carpenter bees are harmless they scare the **** out of me. Every time I find a new insect I have to try to figure out what it is which only makes it worse.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

Say that five times fast... GO!