Thigh Gaps

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    As some one that has both types of these clothes, I can say for sure they are creating the gap. Gotta love tight spandex.

Notice how different the crotch of the shorts and the yoga pants are made as well.

Longer shorts of a compression type fabric might create a gap, but if someone doesn't have a gap and they're wearing a compression garment that cuts right across the meaty part of the thigh like that... there'd be spillage of the "just opened can of Pillsbury dough" variety.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    LOL This thread just made me look in the mirror to check it out. I have one(with feet touching no less), so I guess this means I can stop with all the healthy food and exercise. Thank the lord all my prayers have been answered!!!

not.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    "Let your thighs makeout, it’s okay."

This is what's going to run through my head from time to time now - my thighs making out - lol.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    As some one that has both types of these clothes, I can say for sure they are creating the gap. Gotta love tight spandex.

Notice how different the crotch of the shorts and the yoga pants are made as well.

Longer shorts of a compression type fabric might create a gap, but if someone doesn't have a gap and they're wearing a compression garment that cuts right across the meaty part of the thigh like that... there'd be spillage of the "just opened can of Pillsbury dough" variety.

I could take a picture of myself in my new bike shorts to illustrate this effect..... but I won't.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    I want curves, idgaf if my thighs have a gap or not.

^^^This, I could not agree more.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think I ever had thigh gaps even when I was a twig. And who cares, as long as your healthy & fit!!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Meh I am not too worries about it. If I happen to get one then cool. If not i don't care xD

@Rae I am IN LOVE with the first girls thighs.

I want
    I want
    I want
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Another thread where women get to compare their bodies to others and bash the differences.Yay! Just what MFP needs.

Umm, no one was bashing? The OP was stating that it's OK to not have a thigh gap for those who hit their goal weight and feel they are still too fat because they don't have one? If she was bashing she'd start with something more like "eww thigh gaps are so gross!"
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    But I'm not sure if that really counts as a thigh gap, because I think it means there's a gap even when you're feet are together.

Yeah, it's only a thigh gap if the feet are together at the time. (According to the powers that be at tumblr - i.e. bored 13 year old girls.)

Really? I thought it was your legs were shoulder width apart. Either way, I'm not terribly concerned.

My sister has the gap when she stands with her feet together. You can see this even when she's wearing trousers. She's making an effort to put on weight though so she's basically on the reverse of my diet. I see her eating scones full of whipped cream, crisps, and meal replacement shakes with whipped cream on top. She eats a lot of chocolate too.

Yup its when you have your feet together.

Not sure about everyone else, but even my calves touch when my feet are together. I don't want to lose muscle to get a gap. Ill just stand with my feet father apart xD
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    LOL This thread just made me look in the mirror to check it out. I have one(with feet touching no less), so I guess this means I can stop with all the healthy food and exercise. Thank the lord all my prayers have been answered!!!

not.

The OP didn't say you're skinny if you have one... she said you can be big and have one, small and not have one, it's BONE STRUCTURE! You'd think you people started your day off with a big bowl of ignorance and inability to full comprehend what someone posts...
  • 4ALongerLife
    4ALongerLife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    97 lbs down and when naked, I do finally have a small thigh gap. And now you tell me it's all in how my bones are... sigh. lol ... Who cares? I'm in better health than before and that's the true "win" above all.
  • ToughTulip
    Options

not.

The OP didn't say you're skinny if you have one... she said you can be big and have one, small and not have one, it's BONE STRUCTURE! You'd think you people started your day off with a big bowl of ignorance and inability to full comprehend what someone posts...

I think people wake up wanting to find something that offends them

The OP was just stating that not everyone can get one because of bone structure, so we shouldn't constantly feel disappointed if we don't have one. A LOT of girls have this unrealistic goal and don't know they may never get it no matter how thin
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    most of the images we see in magazines are of professional anorexics, so after seeing these images our whole lives (for me it was Kate Moss when I was growing up) it warps our vision of what we should reasonably be able to achieve. Most of the women with xtremely lean thighs are a cheeseburger away from death.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    I'd just like to say that I'm a pretty well-read man of the world, and I'd already been around for three decades of life before I first heard the phrase "thigh gap." It's unfortunate the amount of time that women, in particular, are made to end up worrying about their bodies overall in this day and age, but even given that we all focus on our bodies to some degree, the thought that anyone anywhere is spending any time at all considering whether or not they have a "thigh gap" still absolutely floors me. I mean, I know plenty of boob men, leg men, *kitten* men, etc. I have yet to meet a thigh gap man. I have no idea if my hot wife has a thigh gap. Where the hell did this nonsense come from?

Well, I have managed to make it 45 without hearing that phrase!!

I sometimes wonder if you ladies dont just make this **** up to persecute yourselves.

Losing weight to feel better, I get, toning & bulking up to look better, I also get, but losing weight to get a thigh gap?? :noway:

I am a legs/*kitten* guy. nothing better than a shapely butt atop a nice pair of legs (and oh those calves), but I have NEVER looked for a thigh gap, and to be honest, Im not sure it adds anything to the whole image.
  • stellaskies
    Options

not.

I know exactly what the OP was saying.

You'd think you started your day off with someone pissing in your cheerios. Cheers!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is crazy. Growing up in the 80s, when a woman had a "thigh gap," she was stereotyped as being "easy." I remember hearing people make the comment, "Wow....she is so loose that she could straddle a fire hydrant" I cannot figure out what the big deal is about. It is hard enough as a woman just trying to fit into societies view as to what "normal" is. Just another pressure on girls today to try to be perfect....now young girls today have to strive for a "thigh gap." Thank God I have a son!!!
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    " ... she is so loose that she could straddle a fire hydrant"

Now that's funny :laugh:
  • stellaskies
    Options
    This is crazy. Growing up in the 80s, when a woman had a "thigh gap," she was stereotyped as being "easy." I remember hearing people make the comment, "Wow....she is so loose that she could straddle a fire hydrant"

huh I've never heard that. The only time I've heard about thigh gaps in real life was when my coworker said they looked gross. And that just happened a few months ago.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I thought it looked funny that my thighs no longer came together when my knees were together, after going from a size 12/14 to a size 2/4.

And I have to agree, this is the first I have ever heard of this.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have always had a thigh gap, but I'm bullied for being fat...So I agree with what you said! It's all about genetics.