Thigh Gaps

Options

Replies

• mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    for those complaining about chaffing, buy an extra deodorant and apply to thighs. problem solved.

The point is, it'd be nice to not have to worry about resorting to various measures to prevent it, and have it just not happen instead.
    Are you built to be able to have one? have you ever had one before? i mean if you lose weight & your thighs still touch it can't be that bad
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    LW7284S_7506_1?$pdp_main$
    Yes, and now clothes are designed to give a bit of a gap also., as in the first pic

If the shorts were what was creating the gap, her legs would bulge at the bottom hem like a if you put a rubber band around a balloon.

But I'm not sure if that really counts as a thigh gap, because I think it means there's a gap even when you're feet are together.

Yeah, even this skinny chick doesn't have a thigh gap--it only counts if your feet are touching. :noway:

By the way, OP---"Let your thighs make out, it's okay" <<
    Best quote on this topic EVER!!!! BAHAHAHA!! My thighs will never stop making out, and it IS okay!! :drinker:
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I agree, but many of us will never have one, goal weight or not.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I didn't even know this was a thing. I shall go and look in the mirror forthwith!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    love this. when i lost the majority of my weight, i did develop a thigh gap. however, i've always had it since i was a kid, but when i gained weight, i had a lot of upper leg fat. this is so true, though, and i LOVE it!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just for the record- You don't need a thigh gap to have your legs not chafe. At my heaviest all my shorts rode up and I was constantly tugging them down, and my thighs chafed in skirts and dresses. It was miserable. Now that I've lost some weight, my legs don't chafe anymore and my shorts don't ride up and I do not have a thigh gap.

I'm not saying this will be true for everyone, but my experience is that I don't need a thigh gap to prevent chub rub.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Just for the record- You don't need a thigh gap to have your legs not chafe. At my heaviest all my shorts rode up and I was constantly tugging them down, and my thighs chafed in skirts and dresses. It was miserable. Now that I've lost some weight, my legs don't chafe anymore and my shorts don't ride up and I do not have a thigh gap.

I'm not saying this will be true for everyone, but my experience is that I don't need a thigh gap to prevent chub rub.

Same here. My thighs are huge but I no longer suffer from chaffing. I am still at least 15 pounds over weight but the chaffing stopped after I lost about 100 pounds.
  • mimigyal
    Options
    just to make it clear I have nothing against people with thigh gaps, i don't think they look bad or anything. I'm just letting some you women know that though that might be your goal, it may not be possible for you.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Lol. I've never even heard of women wanting a "thigh gap" before I joined this site. So strange. I have a thigh gap and I always have... I have never thought twice about it. It's just the way my bones are structured... My knees don't even touch when I stand with my feet together.... And I am pear-shaped..ALL my weight goes to my legs/butt. Thigh gap is really no determinant for how thin you are.

I have one too, and never thought of it as particularly desirable - or undesirable, for that matter - before joining this site. It was just there. My knees and calves lightly touch at their widest points when I stand with my bare feet together, but not my thighs. When I'm wearing shoes, nothing above them touches. I've always associated all of that with the ectomorph body type. I'm not a pure ectomorph but my dad was a textbook example and I inherited some of the characteristics, including the narrow hips and long, lean legs. NONE of my excess weight ever went to my legs/butt.
  • mimigyal
    Options
    This is crazy. Growing up in the 80s, when a woman had a "thigh gap," she was stereotyped as being "easy." I remember hearing people make the comment, "Wow....she is so loose that she could straddle a fire hydrant" I cannot figure out what the big deal is about. It is hard enough as a woman just trying to fit into societies view as to what "normal" is. Just another pressure on girls today to try to be perfect....now young girls today have to strive for a "thigh gap." Thank God I have a son!!!
    That's just as bad as what the stereotype is now! lol
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised how this whole thigh gap thing seems to become a new ideal of beauty in the 21st century.
    Some years ago (and still I guess ...) people wanted their hip bones to be visible, now they want a gap between their thighs.

This unfortunately is not something new. I can remember my mom telling me when I was about 12 that you HAD to have diamonds between your legs above and below the calfs and between your thighs or you were fat. It was 1970 when I was 12. My pic is from that year. She thought I was fat and humiliated me about it.
  • thistimeismytime
    Options
    I'm really surprised how this whole thigh gap thing seems to become a new ideal of beauty in the 21st century.
    Some years ago (and still I guess ...) people wanted their hip bones to be visible, now they want a gap between their thighs.

This unfortunately is not something new. I can remember my mom telling me when I was about 12 that you HAD to have diamonds between your legs above and below the calfs and between your thighs or you were fat. It was 1970 when I was 12. My pic is from that year. She thought I was fat and humiliated me about it.

This makes me soooo :angry: :explode: :angry: :mad: :angry: !!!!!! I truly, truly can't imagine that!! You are beautiful and healthy in that pic--not to mention that you're a CHILD!! No wonder we all have issues with food and body image! (((HUGS)))
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to say that I'm a pretty well-read man of the world, and I'd already been around for three decades of life before I first heard the phrase "thigh gap." It's unfortunate the amount of time that women, in particular, are made to end up worrying about their bodies overall in this day and age, but even given that we all focus on our bodies to some degree, the thought that anyone anywhere is spending any time at all considering whether or not they have a "thigh gap" still absolutely floors me. I mean, I know plenty of boob men, leg men, *kitten* men, etc. I have yet to meet a thigh gap man. I have no idea if my hot wife has a thigh gap. Where the hell did this nonsense come from?

tumblr

I have guy friends....they totally look for a thigh gap...they think they are sexy.
  • mimigyal
    Options
    I'd just like to say that I'm a pretty well-read man of the world, and I'd already been around for three decades of life before I first heard the phrase "thigh gap." It's unfortunate the amount of time that women, in particular, are made to end up worrying about their bodies overall in this day and age, but even given that we all focus on our bodies to some degree, the thought that anyone anywhere is spending any time at all considering whether or not they have a "thigh gap" still absolutely floors me. I mean, I know plenty of boob men, leg men, *kitten* men, etc. I have yet to meet a thigh gap man. I have no idea if my hot wife has a thigh gap. Where the hell did this nonsense come from?

tumblr

I have guy friends....they totally look for a thigh gap...they think they are sexy.
    Really? I've never met any guys who look for that. All they talk about are boobs abd *kitten*, lol
  • thistimeismytime
    Options

Sounds like your guy friends drank the Kool-Aid. :huh:
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I like mine.
  • Superrhi
    Options
    I read somewhere that Dali said he'd never trust a woman with a thigh gap!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

tumblr

Really? I've never met any guys who look for that. All they talk about are boobs abd *kitten*, lol
    Yeah, that's my husband. LOL.

I hadn't known it was a "thing." But I do know I notice it in other women, and I will admit to truly envying it. Until I got it myself. Kinda. Sometimes. LOL IDK. But I have issues, so there's that.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My husband is old school. He just looks at boobs.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, due to my former ED, the Thigh Gap was always my goal. Even as a professional ballerina -- weighing in at 100-105 lbs at the time -- I was never able to obtain the Thigh Gap.

I'm also blessed because my husband tells me how unattractive that is and that most men really don't find that attractive at all. Apparently, and this is new to me... men like a bit of meat! ;-)