Milk does NOT do your body good!

Options

Replies

• lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Life without cheese?! Noooo I would rather risk cancer and lactic intolerance. I certainly can live without beach body, shakeology, or any other potion out there.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Here are some of the high points I have read on dairy:

Milk is designed to make us have the fastest growth spurt of our lives. Double our weight in 6 months, triple at a year, and quadruple at 2. By design it does the same for cows. A 90 lb calf doubles its weight in 47 days and grows to over 2000lbs in 2 years. By design the mother's body is able to detect the nutrients the baby is void of or needs the most of and tailors the milk to meet those needs. So why do we drink the milk of a cow, a mammal 250 times the size of an 8 pound baby. We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.

Between the ages of 18 months and 4 years we lose 90-95% of the lactase enzyme to digest milk. Undigested lactose and acidity of milk encourages the growth of bacteria in our intestines, and cancer thrives in acidic conditions.

A study done at Harvard, Yale, Penn State, and the National Institute of Health did a study and found dairy to be a deterrent to osteoperosis and the high protein content of dairy actually takes calcium from the body. A Yale study found the countries that consume the most dairy, meat, and other animal products are the countries with the highest osteoperois rates. 40 million Americans have osteoperosis but only 250,000 African women have bone disease, infact only one tribe in Africa has osteoperosis sufferers and that is the tribe that drinks cow's milk. Dairy has also been linked to a host of other diseases as well: acne, anemia, arthritis, ADD, ADHD, fibromyalgia, headaches, heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain, poor immune function, allergies, ear infections, colic, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, autism, Crohn's disease, breast, prostrate, and ovarian cancers.

Cows by nature produce up to 10 pounds of milk a day, but the cows the produce the milk we drink are injected with a hormone so they can instead produce a 100 pounds a day. When you ingest dairy you are ingesting the same antibiotics, pesticides, steroids, and hormones as you would if you digested the meat directly. The udders become sore and infected, and the antibiotics given to them for this goes straight into our milk. By the way, by law they are allowed to have up to 750 million pus cells per a gallon of milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial enzymes and calcium without killing all the viruses and bacteria.

An adequate amount of calcium can be ingested by eating a healthy balance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming high amounts of dairy blocks iron absorption leading to iron deficiency. Vitamin D can be received by 15 minutes of sunlight a day. 70-80% of the calories in cheese alone comes from fat, and low fat cheese still accounts for 50% of the calories from fat.

There are many resources out there. Notmilk.com has every disease known linked to milk and studies done for each of those diseases. Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin is a great book. Milksucks.com also has some hardcore truths and eye opening resources.

Add me on MyFitnessPal.

So milk is designed to make us fat, culture bacteria inside of us, make our intestines acidic, leach calcium from our system, and degenerate our bones - and you say therefore that this is only good while we're children? It sounds like it's terrible for us as children too. I don't want no calcium-deprived acidic-intestined bone-degenerating fat baby. If anything, it sounds like milk is murder. Murder by mothers!

Your well documented research and long list of reputable scholarly reports makes a clear argument and I agree completely. You've convinced me that women(aka mothers) are trying to kill their children with breast milk. I think we should ban breast feeding. Sure you say it's good to help the little buggers grow, but if it has so many adverse effects then they trump the good ones. Women are obviously evil and trying to destroy our lives, one sipped nipple at a time.

Your information has changed my life. One MFP user and one hack website devoid of valuable and transparent research is just what I needed to give my life new guidance. All along this milk has been rotting me away. Maybe I should switch to those Beach Body products you recommend. After all, mankind makes much better products than nature.

^^I'm kinda with this person. Bacteria in our intestines?!? Acid in our stomach?!? You've got to be kidding me. We're supposed to have acid in our intestines to help the breakdown of nutrients! That's why people take probiotics (bacteria strains) that help with digestion. Bacteria is 1000% needed by our body and we will die if we don't have enough.

The acid in our stomach that is naturally made by our bodies is strong enough to dissolve metals. Acid in milk isn't strong enough to dissolve the paper or plastic cartons it comes in.

For every study that has reasons against, there's another study that has reasons for! #justsayin
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I always wonder about these anti-dairy folks who replace their "unnatural" milk habit with some processed milk substitute that really-dilly doesn't exist in nature, like soy milk.

The soy plant didn't exist until humans invented it. And soy milk is an invention of the industrial revolution.

I'm cool with people making dietary changes for health reasons, but eliminating something just to replace it with something worse, makes no sense at all.
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options

infact only one tribe in Africa has osteoperosis sufferers and that is the tribe that drinks cow's milk.

I'm very curious. Which tribe is that?

Off the top of my head, "tribes" that drink milk in Africa include the Nuer, the Maasai, the Tuareg.... pastoralism is a common traditional subsistence economy throughout Africa. Lots of people drink milk.
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options

infact only one tribe in Africa has osteoperosis sufferers and that is the tribe that drinks cow's milk.

Off the top of my head, "tribes" that drink milk in Africa include the Nuer, the Maasai, the Tuareg.... pastoralism is a common traditional subsistence economy throughout Africa. Lots of people drink milk.

haha.. I know.. I'm African. That's why I was curious to know which "one tribe" was being referred to.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I always wonder about these anti-dairy folks who replace their "unnatural" milk habit with some processed milk substitute that really-dilly doesn't exist in nature, like soy milk.

The soy plant didn't exist until humans invented it. And soy milk is an invention of the industrial revolution.

I'm cool with people making dietary changes for health reasons, but eliminating something just to replace it with something worse, makes no sense at all.
    Agree on that. It's kind of like replacing a regular sugary soft drink with a diet cola loaded with nasty chemicals. At least sugar exists in nature, even if it's super concentrated in this form.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The whole thing about there being only ONE tribe that drinks milk out of the thousands in Africa makes me wonder if the OP is trolling. Ridiculous.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    gotmilkyoda.jpg
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want some milk.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the high points I have read on dairy:

Milk is designed to make us have the fastest growth spurt of our lives. Double our weight in 6 months, triple at a year, and quadruple at 2. By design it does the same for cows. A 90 lb calf doubles its weight in 47 days and grows to over 2000lbs in 2 years. By design the mother's body is able to detect the nutrients the baby is void of or needs the most of and tailors the milk to meet those needs. So why do we drink the milk of a cow, a mammal 250 times the size of an 8 pound baby. We are the only specie on earth that drinks milk as adults.

Between the ages of 18 months and 4 years we lose 90-95% of the lactase enzyme to digest milk. Undigested lactose and acidity of milk encourages the growth of bacteria in our intestines, and cancer thrives in acidic conditions.

A study done at Harvard, Yale, Penn State, and the National Institute of Health did a study and found dairy to be a deterrent to osteoperosis and the high protein content of dairy actually takes calcium from the body. A Yale study found the countries that consume the most dairy, meat, and other animal products are the countries with the highest osteoperois rates. 40 million Americans have osteoperosis but only 250,000 African women have bone disease, infact only one tribe in Africa has osteoperosis sufferers and that is the tribe that drinks cow's milk. Dairy has also been linked to a host of other diseases as well: acne, anemia, arthritis, ADD, ADHD, fibromyalgia, headaches, heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain, poor immune function, allergies, ear infections, colic, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, autism, Crohn's disease, breast, prostrate, and ovarian cancers.

Cows by nature produce up to 10 pounds of milk a day, but the cows the produce the milk we drink are injected with a hormone so they can instead produce a 100 pounds a day. When you ingest dairy you are ingesting the same antibiotics, pesticides, steroids, and hormones as you would if you digested the meat directly. The udders become sore and infected, and the antibiotics given to them for this goes straight into our milk. By the way, by law they are allowed to have up to 750 million pus cells per a gallon of milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial enzymes and calcium without killing all the viruses and bacteria.

An adequate amount of calcium can be ingested by eating a healthy balance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming high amounts of dairy blocks iron absorption leading to iron deficiency. Vitamin D can be received by 15 minutes of sunlight a day. 70-80% of the calories in cheese alone comes from fat, and low fat cheese still accounts for 50% of the calories from fat.

There are many resources out there. Notmilk.com has every disease known linked to milk and studies done for each of those diseases. Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin is a great book. Milksucks.com also has some hardcore truths and eye opening resources.

Add me on MyFitnessPal.

So milk is designed to make us fat, culture bacteria inside of us, make our intestines acidic, leach calcium from our system, and degenerate our bones - and you say therefore that this is only good while we're children? It sounds like it's terrible for us as children too. I don't want no calcium-deprived acidic-intestined bone-degenerating fat baby. If anything, it sounds like milk is murder. Murder by mothers!

Your well documented research and long list of reputable scholarly reports makes a clear argument and I agree completely. You've convinced me that women(aka mothers) are trying to kill their children with breast milk. I think we should ban breast feeding. Sure you say it's good to help the little buggers grow, but if it has so many adverse effects then they trump the good ones. Women are obviously evil and trying to destroy our lives, one sipped nipple at a time.

Your information has changed my life. One MFP user and one hack website devoid of valuable and transparent research is just what I needed to give my life new guidance. All along this milk has been rotting me away. Maybe I should switch to those Beach Body products you recommend. After all, mankind makes much better products than nature.

It would be pretty weird if a human mother was producing cow's milk.

So then you'd be fine with people drinking human breast milk all their lives? If so, we should get rid of cows and just pump women. Heck, I could go for some breast milk right now. Anyone have any?
    th_I_Make_Milk.jpg
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bro Science alert!

Please note that anyone who cites advice from anything that has appeared on the New York Times best seller list is demonstrating their complete scientific ignorance. Do not engage...I repeat...do not engage!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I bet if other animals had opposable thumbs, they'd drink milk, too. And if we didn't drink milk, how would I get my daily milkshake?
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options

haha.. I know.. I'm African. That's why I was curious to know which "one tribe" was being referred to.

Ahahah yeah I'd really like to know who they're refering to, and where they got that information! It's terrible. lol.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I bet if other animals had opposable thumbs, they'd drink milk, too. And if we didn't drink milk, how would I get my daily milkshake?
    Milkshake tree.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    And it's kind of gross to think we drink something from a cow's udder!!! Almond milk, udder free
    !!!!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Milkshake tree.

My milkshake tree brings all the boys to the yard...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    And it's kind of gross to think we drink something from a cow's udder!!! Almond milk, udder free
    !!!!

Almonds contain cyanide, so I think I'd prefer the cow's udder.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options

You're my hero.

Sorry to butt in with my fangirling!
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    please go on youtube and see how cows are injected and the side effects of it. or if not i will post some links to make it easier :)

http://youtu.be/6RNFFRGz1Qs