MFP Debate....Do you accept friend requests with no msg?

Options

Replies

• NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I accept anyone. I'm a tart. Lol.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I accept any request - in fact I think I've only rejected 1 ever, and that was a guy who had added me once, clearly removed me and was adding me again.

I do wonder where people found me sometimes, like when they have 0 forum posts, or at least no posts on threads that I've posted on.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've accepted friend requests with no message and I have sent friend requests (in response to a post on the forum) with no message if someone is looking for friends to support them in their journey,

The friends I had when I first started MFP have all pretty much disappeared. I have only a few friends but I need the motivation a 'friend' can provide when I'm thinking about going off the wagon. :wink: And sometimes looking at all my friends are able to accomplish with many of the same obstacles gives me a renewed sense of determination.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If it's someone that I've corresponded with on the boards, I'll accept without a message. But if they're some random, nope. I do not accept.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    If it's someone that I've corresponded with on the boards, I'll accept without a message. But if they're some random, nope. I do not accept.

^this. i have so many friends i can't keep track of them all...and if someone randomly wants to be my friend, while i'm flattered, they've presented no reason of how they found me, etc. and on my profile, i politely ask for a message. but i'm not trying to be an egoist or anything. it's just for ease of my MFP day to day.
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No, I don't accept a FR without a message. Can't do it. I somehow sparked your interest, so you tell me what did it for you. I don't even send a FR without a message either. A friend of mine does Mystery Friend Roulette. He lets us decide on if he should add them or not by how we feel that day. LoL.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    No, I don't accept a FR without a message. Can't do it. I somehow sparked your interest, so you tell me what did it for you. I don't even send a FR without a message either. A friend of mine does Mystery Friend Roulette. He lets us decide on if he should add them or not by how we feel that day. LoL.

wow..........who would do such a thing? \m/
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I have heard of this guy...he is like an urban legend or something :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's a cut and dry question...personally, I don't ever turn down an honest request but when there is no msg attached...I just think - why did you send ME a request in the first place? Is it to get to 500 female friends on MFP? I don't know....how do you feel?

If we've communicated through the boards or mutual friends, then yes because I know why I'm getting the request. Otherwise, no.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Urban legend? Or too afraid to make a decision on his own??? LOL :wink:
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Yes, if we have a friend in common. If not, no.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

I always enjoy that game :laugh:
  • sassafrasy
    Options
    I usually accept, I can always delete later.
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    It depends. If I know them from Tumblr, or from actual real life, then yes I will accept them without a message. But if I do not know who they are and they send me a friend request, I will check into them. Look up their profile, see if they were on a forum I recently commented on...and then message them and ask why?! Haha. Many times if they are female, I will friend them no matter what. After looking into them.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

Urban legend? Or too afraid to make a decision on his own??? LOL :wink:
    Well, perhaps if people took the time to read the profile, maybe that person would take the time to care about the request :drinker: \m/
  • camrunner
    Options
    I accept them, but I'm still relatively new so I don't have enough friends to start worrying about limiting their number. I do definitely prefer a message, though.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. Unless their profile isnt filled out. Then its a flat no.

I always wondered why people said "if you fr me, add a message". Now I get it.
  • banishBS
    Options
    No. I have no friends, I am crap at keeping in touch, I don't motivate and not interested in piffle.

I use MFP to keep a food diary and like to play on the forums from time to time.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    No...kinda creeps me out. Nothing against those of you who do but I don't want some random creeper stalking my daily activities.
  • joconnor09
    Options
    i accept all my friend requests, unless there's an obvious reason to turn them down (but I haven't seen one yet!). I figure there's no harm in someone adding me as a friend- we're all here for the same reason, and it's not like FB, where there's a lot more personal information on your profile page. I only delete friends if I see that they've stopped committing to logging on every day and haven't been on for a few weeks. I understand that sometimes it's difficult to figure out what to say to someone when friending them. There have been a couple times where I considered adding someone, but didn't know what to say in the message when they asked for one, so I just didn't add them.