Why don't some chicks wear bras?

Options

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I was younger.....I was an idiot....thought it would get me attention and it definitely did! But I am paying the price now cuz they aren't as perky as I'd like lol. I def can't go without a bra now, waaaaay too uncomfy!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    At my age, no bra means they're hanging in the way of something - like the steering wheel! I only take it off to go to bed. Sometimes I ask my husband to stand there and hold them up for a minute - just so I can experience what it would feel like to NOT have a ton of weight hanging off my shoulders!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Most women don't know how to buy a proper fitting bra or aren't willing to spend the money on a well made one, so a lot of them suffer from really bad bra pain and just refuse to wear them.

If they had a proper fitting I think they would change their minds completely!
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    I hate bras. I guess since my boobs are full of silicone, and they stay nice and perky, I don't feel the need to wear them. However, I do wear bras for going out to dinner or to doctor appointments, etc etc. I don't wear them for a quick trip to the store usually, but if I have a day of shopping planned I will.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I ask my husband to stand there and hold them up for a minute - just so I can experience what it would feel like to NOT have a ton of weight hanging off my shoulders!

Haha, I totally do that too!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I guess it's more comfortable? I don't know. I ALWAYS wear a bra, I feel weird without it and I have small boobs.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I always wear a bra in public, but as soon as I get home, it comes off immediately.

Ditto.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I couldn't imagine not wearing one! I would be so uncomfortable. I even wear a "sleeping bra" to bed. Me wearing a bra 24/7 has nothing to do with how they look or will look in the future! It's just severely uncomfortable for me to go without one, especially when living in a humid climate. I'm 34, between a DD and a D depending on my weight, breastfed my kids, and they are still in really awesome shape! I attribute this to never not wearing a bra, weights, and push ups. Never did those things for vanity but I sure am glad to see my girls looking so good after everything they've been through! lol :) Those of you who like to go without a bra...more power to ya! ;)
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've always worn a bra, even when I didn't have much up top. I'd rather them stay perky - so far so good, even after two kids.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    To be honest I am an avid bra wearer for the same reason you are, I have always wondered this same question as I work in customer service too..
    It doesn't seem limited to only girls that have more managable size than i was blessed with.
    But when I lived in the south it may have been a comfort from the heat thing..
    I did notice down there in the 89% humidity days very few holstered Ta Ta's.
    Anyone haveing the answers out there please share....

Ewwww, seriously? I can't stand to not wear a bra partly BECAUSE of the humidity and heat!!!! I live in south Texas where it's often of the armpit level of humidity. I don't want skin on skin in any area and that includes UNDER the boobs! Ick! I wear one even for sleeping most of the time (I also have children that are old enough to notice stuff like that now-including a 10yo boy...I don't want to scar him for life)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    There is no piece of clothing that would support me. I could try all the built in bra tops I want and they'd still look like deflated tires. I have to wear a bra. I only go free at night when I'm sleeping.
  • maybethistime70
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't...in a professional environment I certainly would and while working out but some days I just don't :smile: mine aren't big (C) and are in good shape so until I can no longer get away with it I'll "free boob" it now and again.

This makes complete sense. Though, the women I see are much older so maybe they prefer being comfortable.

If they are older women, it may just be that what they are wearing offers NO support. happened with my grandma...and when she died and they put her in a real bra it was like...holy heck where'd those come from????
  • zambodiare
    Options
    I wear one every day....mostly because gravity is not my friend and since losing some weight, my boobs now look like empty wind socks.
    I think some people go without them just due to the comfort factor. Also, they want to show the world their rock hard nipples of doom!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    For all you ladies who do - or don't wear bras, I think that proof is necessary for your statements. Pictures!

I kid, I kid.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't give a hoot about my nipples showing, it's merely a biological response- I never wear padded bras. Do you feel ashamed if you have goosebumps on your arms or when you sneeze too? Everyone has nipples, everyone has genitalia- what's the big deal?

Haw many guys do you see walking around with a hard on in public with no shame?
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    As a mother of 2 boys, I am never bra-free, even in my home, except when in my bedroom. My boys do not want to see nips! My youngest and I vacationed with my mother and when she would put her night clothes on, there the nips were. My poor 19 y/o got so tired of seeing them that we finally had to ask her to wear something more appropriate.
  • RahmaB823
    RahmaB823 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How else am I gonna attract men when I'm shoppin' at the Piggly Wiggly? My bouncy unrestrained boobs and hair wrapped in curlers is such a turn on.

lol
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Because I am small enough to not always need one, but was even smaller for about 10 years after Breastfeeding 3boys.
    But I hate the "nipply braless look" (out in public anyway, >winks< ), so try to layer tank tops or wear lined tops when free-boobing

Bras are uncomfortable and itchy and I can't stand them ,so I avoid wearing them as often as I can. Today I am going with a tank top and loose T-shirt . If I end up biking later, I'll go with a sports bra
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I always wear a bra in public, but as soon as I get home, it comes off immediately.

^^This
    Though I guess on occasion if i'm wearing a backless dress or a dressy tank I don't, but i'm only a small B, I could probably fit into an A even, so I don't think anyone really notices.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Don't you think it's kind of crazy women feel the need to wear a bra for purely esthetic reasons? It’s simply perpetuating an unnatural image of feminine ideals- that youth (ie perky breasts) is the only acceptable way to present yourself in public. I have large breasts and wear a bra, but I hate it sometime so much I want to scream. My under-boob has permanent red marks and my shoulders have grooves in them- it’s simply not healthy. I’m not hippie enough and I have a professional job, so I can’t do what I want and balk at society’s absurdities, but I wish I could. The second I’m home, the bra is off.

Agreed.