Horrible customer service experience NSV!

Options

Replies

• malspaugh
    Options
    You go girl:happy:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What an obnoxious biitch, I would have complained as well , I have spent years in the hospitality industry and wont take that off anyone if im the customer.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Good for you. No doubt they fired granny, who is now begging on the streets to afford her medical supplements. Let's face it, once you get fired from Walmart, there's pretty much nowhere else you can go. Granny never had health care anyway, since it was only Walmart. But still, gotta hurt to be so old and on the streets. But she'll never insult a plus size woman again!

--P

Thanks for your lovely tone. They did no such thing. I know there are a lot of comments to read but do try to do so before you join a conversation. This is what I'm talking about:
    In case you were wondering, I told the manager that I did not wish for her to get in trouble and I would feel horrible if she got fired but I couldn't stand the thought of this happening to someone else. The manager informed me that she would not be fired but things like this have happened enough with her that it was time for some sensitivity training as well as customer service retraining.

Appropriate in this case, I think.
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself. Rock those jeans!

A couple of years back, I had a salesman tell me to not pick up a shirt because it would be too small for me. He told this to me without my asking for his opinion, or even looking at him. I was livid, but I just silently left the store. But today, I have the confidence to speak up for me, thanks to my new body image and new-found confidence. :)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That is great that you said something!!!

Similar thing happened to me when I went back to Taiwan 7 years ago to visit family. Taiwan, as many other Asian countries, is a place where being super skinny is celebrated. My first shopping trip with my mom, when I was checking out a pair of jeans and asked the saleswoman to get one in my size, she took the jeans from me, looked at me up and down and said, 'I'm sorry, we don't have your size. We don't have your size in any of the jeans we carry. Please don't try these out as you might stretch them out. Thanks. '

Did I mention at the time I was a US size 6?

I was so angry, I started complaining in English as my Chinese is not as good especially during a rant...my mom had to literally drag me out the store...some nerve on some people...
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My heart hurt for you just reading that! Uuuugh...you handled it beautifully!!! WTG!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the words of encouragement!

If you'd like, please feel free to add me!
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WTG - and beam with pride in your 'under plus size' jeans. xx
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    the woman is obviously in the wrong line of work. If she gets fired, that's here fault, not yours!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Good for you -

- for fitting into the jeans! wtg!
    - for reporting the rude 'customer service'
    - for keeping your cool while you reported her (not sure I could've done that!)

yep - the woman obviously doesn't belong in 'customer service'.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    omg, what a *****. i almost cried reading this lol. ppl can be so thoughtless.
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That dumb old *****! I would've slapped her! I have a bad temper!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Great job getting in your jeans and not punching her in the mouth. Big thumbs up.
  • mela216r
    Options
    I work in retail & am a manager, and customer service is EVERYTHING. I can't believe this lady has a job working with the public. Good for you for speaking up...because that kind of rudeness will run customers OUT the door. "People like you" (as she said) have the right to shop for whatever they want, wherever they want. But people like HER can't buy manners or class off any rack! It mystifies me why people with such obviously deficient people skills get into jobs that require polite & cheerful service. If she gets fired, you did her a favor to "redirect" into a more fitting line of work (ie, hemmorhoid cream sales) :laugh:
  • dinoring
    dinoring Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To to OP: Good for you for standing up for yourself in such a graceful way! That is certainly a difficult situation, and it sounds like you handled it beautifully. Enjoy those jeans!

To HarrietSabre: Placing the blame on a consumer who reports inappropriate staff behavior to a manager is to misplace responsibility. It's great that you are sensitive to individuals who may have differing mental/emotional/behavioral capacities within the workplace, but at the end of the day, it is the responsibility of management to ensure that their consumers are not experiencing such uncomfortable interactions. Having family members who have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome myself, I understand having a certain degree of sympathy for the employee if she does indeed have a diagnosed condition- however, people cannot be expected to sacrifice their dignity for the off-chance that someone has a disorder of some sort. Your logic of, "if this woman gets fired and dies due to lack of medical insurance, it's your fault" is entirely out of whack. The OP responded to this employee in a way that was normal and healthy; if anything, she did the employee a favor, since many others would not respond in a such a calm way. The OP was not clamoring for the employee to be fired. By bringing the issue to managements' attention, she allowed the employee the chance to receive further training and hopefully prevent a future incident that may result in her losing her job.
  • RhoRocks
    RhoRocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    With that growing fire in you to improve your health, your size 16 jeans celebration will likely be short-lived because you will have already moved down to size 14s!

Keep it up girl. With 5 pages of replies to your original post, it is obvious you are well supported.

Keep goinggggg!

You are amazing!
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't see the big deal. Perhaps she was just trying to help and you are a bit sensitive about your weight? Based on your comment, size is very important to you, so maybe you read her the wrong way?

Not trying to be argumentative, just providing a different perspective.

I often find that my reaction to others is more a reflection of my personal insecurities or sensitivities than the other person's intent...

I mean, it isn't like she said, "Hey, f@t @$$, your section is over there."

I think the point was that the OP had already told the saleswoman she could wear the clothes in the juniors section and that she didn't need any help and the woman kept pushing her to go to a different department. If the employee had made the suggestion once and left it at that, I don't think it would have been as big of a deal, but she not only implied that the OP was fat, she also questioned her judgement.

Right. All the woman needed to say was "Is there anything I can help you with?" Customers do not need unsolicited advice being pushed at them when they are browsing clothes! When I go shopping for my hubby should I be pushed out of the men's section because I'm a woman and don't wear men's clothes?? No!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    She was just trying to help you and now she might lose her job and her ability to pay for her family and her home? And as I presume you're American, her health insurance, meaning she might die because she tried to help you? Great.

Also, for all you feel like she's judging you for being 'fat', you've judged her, and her trying to help coming across as offensive to you might have been a sign of Asperger's or any number of things.

Just so you know, I work at a Walmart that women wouldn't have lost her job. You don't get fired that easily, she probably got a slap on the wrist, or written up. If she's done similar things at least 5 times in the past year then, yes, she would have been fired. What she did was WRONG and Walmart doesn't want their employees to behave in that way, so this women was totally in the right to tell a manager. Now the women knows not to make the same mistakes, and hurt someone else with her 'help.'

Also, judging by the amount of people who have either had it happen and reacted similarly, or at least agree with her feelings.. does everyone here have Asperger's too? lol!
    I meant that the woman in the shop who was being a little insensitive might have Asperger's, not the OP/respondents.

Okay, my mistake. :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    To to OP: Good for you for standing up for yourself in such a graceful way! That is certainly a difficult situation, and it sounds like you handled it beautifully. Enjoy those jeans!

To HarrietSabre: Placing the blame on a consumer who reports inappropriate staff behavior to a manager is to misplace responsibility. It's great that you are sensitive to individuals who may have differing mental/emotional/behavioral capacities within the workplace, but at the end of the day, it is the responsibility of management to ensure that their consumers are not experiencing such uncomfortable interactions. Having family members who have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome myself, I understand having a certain degree of sympathy for the employee if she does indeed have a diagnosed condition- however, people cannot be expected to sacrifice their dignity for the off-chance that someone has a disorder of some sort. Your logic of, "if this woman gets fired and dies due to lack of medical insurance, it's your fault" is entirely out of whack. The OP responded to this employee in a way that was normal and healthy; if anything, she did the employee a favor, since many others would not respond in a such a calm way. The OP was not clamoring for the employee to be fired. By bringing the issue to managements' attention, she allowed the employee the chance to receive further training and hopefully prevent a future incident that may result in her losing her job.

Thank you. You're reply to HarrietSabre made a lot of sense and is exactly how I feel.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    With that growing fire in you to improve your health, your size 16 jeans celebration will likely be short-lived because you will have already moved down to size 14s!

Keep it up girl. With 5 pages of replies to your original post, it is obvious you are well supported.

Keep goinggggg!

You are amazing!

Thank you! The funny thing is that I wore those jeans today and they're already loose! I thought they would be soon but I had to buy them anyway just to prove a point!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!