Horrible customer service experience NSV!

Options
123457»

Replies

• mwalker73
    Options
    I've taken the Churchill approach.

I may be fat, but you're ignorant... and I can always lose weight.
  • wobegon
    wobegon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hooray for standing up for yourself and telling the manager. People like that woman should not be working in retail!!!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    smile honey you are beautiful!
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I am so sorry that people can sometimes be so rude and just completely devoid of tact!! (We need a hugging smiley here!!)

So sorry dear!! :flowerforyou: I hope you are feeling better. But you did the right thing. This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated.

Stepmom1
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!

This! ^^ 100%! :)
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    You handled this correctly. I'm so happy you went to the manager. I am also sorry this happened to you. Why she felt compelled to say anything to you PERIOD (except maybe 'Hi how are you?' is beyond me.
    Maybe next time when you go in...she won't be there cuz she was FIRED.:laugh:
    Congrats on your 46 lbs loss! Rock on Sista!!!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You spoke for all of us! I don't know if I could have stood up to her or not. You are my new hero!!
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'd wear those damn jeans every single time I walked into that store :drinker:

^this!

And majorly good for you!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Be proud of your accomplishment and know that you may have saved another young girl from the same experience.
    major NSV!!!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    To to OP: Good for you for standing up for yourself in such a graceful way! That is certainly a difficult situation, and it sounds like you handled it beautifully. Enjoy those jeans!

To HarrietSabre: Placing the blame on a consumer who reports inappropriate staff behavior to a manager is to misplace responsibility. It's great that you are sensitive to individuals who may have differing mental/emotional/behavioral capacities within the workplace, but at the end of the day, it is the responsibility of management to ensure that their consumers are not experiencing such uncomfortable interactions. Having family members who have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome myself, I understand having a certain degree of sympathy for the employee if she does indeed have a diagnosed condition- however, people cannot be expected to sacrifice their dignity for the off-chance that someone has a disorder of some sort. Your logic of, "if this woman gets fired and dies due to lack of medical insurance, it's your fault" is entirely out of whack. The OP responded to this employee in a way that was normal and healthy; if anything, she did the employee a favor, since many others would not respond in a such a calm way. The OP was not clamoring for the employee to be fired. By bringing the issue to managements' attention, she allowed the employee the chance to receive further training and hopefully prevent a future incident that may result in her losing her job.

^^ Yup. Very well said :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!