Your engagement ring/wedding set

Options

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    We picked out my first engagement ring together and he proposed 7 months later. It was fairly inexpensive, as we were pretty broke at the time. Fast forward to a couple of years later and he told me one day "I think you need a bigger diamond", so we went (again together) to pick out a new stone. I couldn't decide on a setting at the time, so we had the stone set in a simple solitaire. Last year for our 10 year anniversary, I finally got the setting of my dreams custom made for me. :love:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I was young when we got engaged. We were both working at the same retail store.. We had been window shopping for a while.. but nothing really serious.
    He bought a ring on clearance because he couldn't wait any longer.. and proposed to me at our work. The entire store knew about it too. :love:

Two years later when we were shopping for our wedding bands.. we couldnt find anything to match it well.. so I ended up getting a MAJOR upgrade and getting a set. I love it... but I still have the original tiny engagement ring to remind me how far we have come. :heart:
  • ChinkyGGandhi
    Options
    Thats a gud decision...me and my husband did the same for our wedding ring. :smile:
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I'll get tattoo rings
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    My ex asked if we should get married. I shrugged and said ok. He said lets go get a ring. I saw a beautiful beautiful little 1/4 carat solitaire that reminded me of my mothers ring. It was cheap too. He said, that's bullsht, I spent more than that on my ex's promise ring. You arent getting that one, youre getting this one.

And he pulled out this 13 diamond elaborate setting with a big round rock in the middle and I hated it. It was 5 times more than the one I loved. He just wanted to tell everyone how much it cost.

We got home and he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him.

I felt kind of sick.

It was so much foreshadowing right there.

Mine was a CZ and he lost his in the first month.... Talk about foreshadowing... :grumble:

i was the one that lost mine...again, foreshadowing...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Side note: for my next engagement, I don't want to be involved in the ring.
    For my third engagement, I'd like to pick it out.
    My fourth engagement, I'd like my third toe tattooed.
    After that, I'm game for whatever.

Odus, once this one is gone I'm not taking the plunge again. BUT, if I did, I would totally opt for the tattoos.

My main issue with this is that I'm allergic to my current tattoo... *LOL*
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    He picked it out all by himself, and I never dropped hints. But, I was 17 years old when I got married! LOL And for the curious, we are still married, 22 years last March. And have 3 awesome, smart, handsome and funny boys.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    we got our bands tattooed while in Mexico (where we got married) have the date and each others names!
    You can see mine out side my engagement ring, and I bought him a ring for when we go out and stuff if he wants to wear it (he wears it more then we both thought he would)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Hey wait here, I'll be right back.**goes get ring**
    I'm back....Oh you want to pick one out...Okay. **you pick ring**
    Let's go get a tattoo...**we get tattoo**
    Game for whatever?? Can I just look at you for a while?....you're amazing!:flowerforyou:
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    I didn't pick mine out as I had no clue my fiance was going to propose. He took me to the restuarant where we had our first date and proposed to me there at the exact same table.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    We have looked together but his plan is to "surprise me" since he knows my taste.

We already have an idea of when we want to get married but he wants to get me a ring before we start planning. Frustrating. I could care less about a fancy ring, any ring would make me happy at this point!

Depending on a health issue I've been dealing with, we may have to start working on the baby things sooner than later. Depending on what my dr. tells me next week, my fertility may be at stake so we may have to do a courthouse wedding with no rings in that case! :tongue:
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    Hubby picked out the ring on his own and did a wonderful job. He knows what I like, then we picked the wedding bands out together
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My husbands grandmother and mom picked out my ring. I love it. It's a very simple solitaire.
    My band I picked out, it's a Tiffany's Metro Band.

these are my rings (from my wedding photos)

6048_257356585424_2514909_n.jpg
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I didn't drop any hints, I didn't ask, I didn't push. I waited 6 years for him to ask me, and he finally asked last October.

He actually took my sister with him and she picked the ring out :smile: I'm so glad she did, it's exactly what I would have wanted.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    thankfully my husband was smart enough and knew me well enough to know-I needed to pick it out. Don't want to be stuck with something I don't like forever! So he proposed to me with a "fake" ring....Smart man I married!

however-my friends husband gave her a ring that had been in the family-she hated it and could never tell him.
  • dramaqueen0619
    dramaqueen0619 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We had talked about getting married, so he took me to his families jeweler and let me design my own engagment ring. It had a 1/4 carat diamond in the middle and one both sides is a pink sapphire.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband bought my engagement ring when i was with him. Later on after we got married and I was in AIT I bought my wedding band. My ring set cost about 100 dollars total. He gave me a ring after I came back that his aunt gave him but I never really wore it and someone stole it from me at work. I had to take my rings off when I was working or I'd loose a finger. Needless to say I still have the original set and it has more meaning anyways.
    My husband on the other hand has gone through 4 rings. 2 are in a lake in alabama, one fell in a fryer and the other one my daughter lost when he took it off and left it on his night stand. I told him he has to buy the next one.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    We shopped together, looking at a few places until we found the perfect one. It's fairly unique, and totally perfect for us.
  • dodihere
    Options
    He asked. Because I had been married before and the big rock was just that, a big rock, I asked him to get me a ring with his birthstone in it. So I have a blue topaz engagement ring and a simple band that goes with it. So every time I look at it, it represents him.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Hey wait here, I'll be right back.**goes get ring**
    I'm back....Oh you want to pick one out...Okay. **you pick ring**
    Let's go get a tattoo...**we get tattoo**
    Game for whatever?? Can I just look at you for a while?....you're amazing!:flowerforyou:

*nuzzles* of course you can, lovey :)