New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I just KILLED w6d3. 25 minutes? HA! I laughed in the face of 25 minutes and ran for 32 (I pushed to make it to the 2.25 mile mark).
    :drinker:

Folks, you can do this!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! I haven't been to the gym since last Monday when I did w2d1. I've been sick. And not just any sick, I had an upper respiratory infection. I don't think I'll be trying to do C25K this week either. I just don't know that it is a good idea to push too hard when it's my lungs that are on the mend. I'm going to workout with some DVDs at home a few times and I think I'm going to try the elliptical tomorrow. I'm going to plan on starting week 2 yet again next week.

I had to laugh at DH the other day. We got new Android phones a couple of weeks ago and I found the C25K app that times your run for you and still lets you listen to your own music. Each day has a description of the day's workout. I read him the description of week 3: "jog for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes." He said "3 minutes!!!" Doesn't he realize what he signed up for when he said he was going to do this?!! 3 minutes is nothing compaired to what you'll do later!!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! I haven't been to the gym since last Monday when I did w2d1. I've been sick. And not just any sick, I had an upper respiratory infection. I don't think I'll be trying to do C25K this week either. I just don't know that it is a good idea to push too hard when it's my lungs that are on the mend. I'm going to workout with some DVDs at home a few times and I think I'm going to try the elliptical tomorrow. I'm going to plan on starting week 2 yet again next week.

Take care of yourself! :flowerforyou: I fought that for about 2 1/2 weeks right around the new year... I'm finally back on track, so hopefully will start to see some results soon!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I read him the description of week 3: "jog for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes." He said "3 minutes!!!" Doesn't he realize what he signed up for when he said he was going to do this?!! 3 minutes is nothing compaired to what you'll do later!!!

:laugh:
    He had the same reaction as me.
    I can honestly say I was no less impressed with myself for running 3 minutes straight the first time I tried week 3 than I was with myself after running over 30 minutes straight week 6. It's all relative, I guess. :smile:
  • melissahager
    Options
    I am having to repeat week 2 because I lost my motivation and veered off track for a week! Very frustrated with myself, but I am back! Seems like it was harder to start week 2 this time- maybe because I took a week break! But I pushed through and am ready for W2D2 on Wednesday.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Repeated W4 again. I added another minute to the 5 minute interval so I'm improving some. At least I had no pain this time. I think I pushed to hard the day before w/the advanced taebo. Won't make that mistake again. I'm sick of all this jiggling though:laugh: Does anyone wear compression garments and are they useful?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    W7D1 done. I always add a cool down walk and tonight I added a minute at a full sprint (which is just 6mph for my short legs) in the middle of my cool down (a little counterproductive, I know). I'm going to keep bumping up the amount of time I sprint at the end for the remaining weeks. I really don't want to be running any races at under 4mph. :laugh:

About the jiggling, Ivy, maybe if you slow down you won't jiggle so much? :laugh: I had not noticed myself jiggling at all until I ramped up the speed to 6mph then we had jiggle city.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    UGH!!! The top of my foot is killing me so I've taken two days off of running. It's driving me insane. I'm gonna try day two of week 4 tonight. Wish me luck!

I'm doing INSANITY at the same time as C25K so I'm sure it's a little too much......
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I completed week 5 today!! Wooho!! I also lost 3.2lbs this last 2 weeks!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :angry: I guess I'll have to drop out of this group for now.:grumble: My schedule is just not permitting me the time right now!

I am planning on picking it up again later because I really like it and was actually doing pretty good for someone who has not run in 20+ years!:happy:

Keep up the good work. you are all my inspiration still, and I will drop by to see how everyone is doing.:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I ran 20 minutes non stop today! Never ever did that in my life before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melissahager
    Options
    :angry: I guess I'll have to drop out of this group for now.:grumble: My schedule is just not permitting me the time right now!

I am planning on picking it up again later because I really like it and was actually doing pretty good for someone who has not run in 20+ years!:happy:

Keep up the good work. you are all my inspiration still, and I will drop by to see how everyone is doing.:flowerforyou:

I will miss your motivation... but completely understand!
    Melissa
  • melissahager
    Options
    Re-doing week 2... W2 D1 was really hard Monday since I had taken a week "break" (BAD IDEA). But I am happy to say that W2 D2 was much better today!! Going to do W2 D3 on Friday and then start W3 on Sunday. Feeling good!!!!
    Melissa
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I will miss your motivation... but completely understand!
    Melissa

Thanks, Melissa. Its really frustrating to not know my schedule yet! I'll be keeping up with my other workouts though.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna stop doing insanity for now......let my foot heal and than focus on C25K. I'm so frustrated that I can't run right now. It's driving me nuts. I'm halfway through!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I jiggle when I laugh hard:laugh: I guess it's the age and the skin thing.
    About the jiggling, Ivy, maybe if you slow down you won't jiggle so much? :laugh: I had not noticed myself jiggling at all until I ramped up the speed to 6mph then we had jiggle city.

I am on W4Day 6 or 7, I've lost count. At least I'm not gasping for breath anymore. I'm determined to make it through week four so I'll keep on pressing forward. I can't wait to be able to run 20.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I am on W4Day 6 or 7, I've lost count. At least I'm not gasping for breath anymore. I'm determined to make it through week four so I'll keep on pressing forward. I can't wait to be able to run 20.

Week 4 nearly killed me. I finally gave up & moved to week 5 even though i didnt' think I was ready. I've been surprising the poop out of myself ever since. I recommend it (not pooping yourself, but moving on). Just give it a try, maybe. The worst that happens is you decide you can't do it & you move back to week 4 again, right?
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I recommend it (not pooping yourself, but moving on).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I gave myself tell Feb 1st anyway so I'll download week 5 and move on. If I poop myself, I'll take it as a sign I need to go back:laugh:

Week 4 nearly killed me. I finally gave up & moved to week 5 even though i didnt' think I was ready. I've been surprising the poop out of myself ever since. I recommend it (not pooping yourself, but moving on). Just give it a try, maybe. The worst that happens is you decide you can't do it & you move back to week 4 again, right?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Week 7 day 2 done! And faster than Monday, too. I ran 0.1 miles farther in 25 minutes. Not much, but I'll take any improvement.