To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I often pray for the strength, wisdom and guidance for the right things to do on my journey with these scriptures in mind:
    It makes me think of Jesus as my trainer :wink::smile: lol

Psalm 18:32-34 (niv)
    32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
    33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
    34 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Hope this helps.

19101656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think we all need to think of Jesus as our trainer. :happy: That makes me happy. Such a great idea.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31
    "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strengh. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
    I have this verse marked on my Road ID band, so I can see it whenever I'm out and about. :smile: Very motivating!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Scriptures.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration today!
  • aliric
    Options
    What a great way to start the day with uplifting scriptures. Thanks to you all. Have a great day and I will be writing these scriptures on my mirror.
  • latinlady435
    latinlady435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a Christian Poet named Karness...this is called "The Biggest Loser" definitely a must hear...LOVE IT :) Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV3K8NcVt2o
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone, this really really brightened up my entire day :D

It is a great start to mine as well. Thank YOU for starting it.:happy:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    - Zeroth law of thermodynamics: If two systems are in thermal equilibrium with a third system, they must be in thermal equilibrium with each other. This law helps define the notion of temperature.

- First law of thermodynamics: Heat and work are forms of energy transfer. Energy is invariably conserved but the internal energy of a closed system changes as heat and work are transferred in or out of it. Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the first kind are impossible.

-Second law of thermodynamics: The entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system—in a process known as "thermalization". Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the second kind are impossible.

-Third law of thermodynamics: The entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches zero. The entropy of a system at absolute zero is typically zero, and in all cases is determined only by the number of different ground states it has. Specifically, the entropy of a pure crystalline substance at absolute zero temperature is zero.

Praise science!
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful topic - I'm feeling super inspired - the Holy Spirit is working on this site today!
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a volunteer youth pastor with a full time desk job (that doesn't burn many calories). I've decided that if I'm going to be an example for people around me, it only makes sense for me to take care of the Temple that God gave me for Him to live in. We tend to take care of the church buildings that we meet in on Sundays or Saturdays, but in the name of cost, convenience, and comfort, we are ignoring the actual place where God dwells. That's why I'm trying to change that. I intentionally play tennis 4 times a week (we will make time for what is important for us) and I am watching my calories and sugars. I believe that God looks at the heart and will honor me as I try to honor Him with my lifestyle.

Also I believe that since Christ promised us "abundant life", I need to do my part. He offers us eternal life, but He also wants us to live in peace and joy while we're here. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't enjoy being 370 pounds. I couldn't live up to my potential and definitely wasn't happy with where my life was heading. I've lost 75 pounds and I'm on my way to 250 (I'm 6'8" so I'd be happy with that weight). I want to operate at 100% which is how Christ created me to live. He didn't offer abundant life to me just to have me squander it on junk food that pleases my flesh. Paul said to "crucify the flesh daily" while we in America seem to think that it's our "right" to kill ourselves quicker by overindulging on processed foods. I've lived there most of my life. No more. I'm going to take care of the only body that Christ gave me.

Just a thought.

Couldn't have said it any better! God wants His people well, but we need to do our part by consciously taking care of what He has so graciously given us. Might I add these words from Heb 12:11 - For the moment all discipline seems painful, later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

I am disciplining myself and attaining the peaceful fruit of righteousness :)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31
    "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strengh. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

This also reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "Remember the Titans"!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    ever notice how no thread will grow faster or with more responses on this site than one with the word "Christian" in the title?

And won't get closed down even though it's against the rules...

See...this is what pisses me off. It is SO hypocritical. I don't care who wants to post what on here....if it helps someone to find others of the same faith, great. BUT, don't lock/delete some posts because it's against the rules, but then leave others up because it's about "better" stuff....WTF?!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Bump! :heart:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

Well, Christianity is a faith known far and worldwide that millions of people claim as their own. Nickleback is a depressing band :tongue: That's one way it's different.

I won't argue though, but I will say (before this gets moved) Anyone can feel free to add me! Also, there is a Christians Unite group on MFP that I am a part of :smile:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    - Zeroth law of thermodynamics: If two systems are in thermal equilibrium with a third system, they must be in thermal equilibrium with each other. This law helps define the notion of temperature.

- First law of thermodynamics: Heat and work are forms of energy transfer. Energy is invariably conserved but the internal energy of a closed system changes as heat and work are transferred in or out of it. Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the first kind are impossible.

-Second law of thermodynamics: The entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system—in a process known as "thermalization". Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the second kind are impossible.

-Third law of thermodynamics: The entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches zero. The entropy of a system at absolute zero is typically zero, and in all cases is determined only by the number of different ground states it has. Specifically, the entropy of a pure crystalline substance at absolute zero temperature is zero.

Praise science!

I think I love you.
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    1 Peter 5:8
    Keep your sences, be watchful.
    Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

I figure, if he is looking for an easy meal, I will try to look less tempting.
    Beautiful!! :heart:
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Praise science!

Finally, some sense.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

Well, Christianity is a faith known far and worldwide that millions of people claim as their own. Nickleback is a depressing band :tongue: That's one way it's different.

I won't argue though, but I will say (before this gets moved) Anyone can feel free to add me! Also, there is a Christians Unite group on MFP that I am a part of :smile:

Yes, but Christianity and other religions start arguments, fights, and even wars. Nickleback just sucks.

There's a reason why things like religion and politics are not allowed in this forum.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have found the best thing is to take scriptures that speak to me and I post them all over the house. It gets the whole house involved and is a constant reminder of God's love. I could post scripture all day. I used to post one to everyone on my friends list every morning and yes some friends deleted me and thats ok with me.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread!! God is so good and he is everything to me! I constantly ask him for help and strength in this journey to better health. I want to honor God in my body as well as my spirit. That is the main thing that motivated me to make the changes I have. I would just encourage you to ask God for his direction and his strength for each new day and you will do fine. We may be weak in areas in our lives, but God is a great big God and he can make us overcomers in every aspect of our lives. We just have to give ourselves over to him in every way and allow him to work in us. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!!
This discussion has been closed.