To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

LOL... Thank you for the giggle! I'm so glad God gave us a sense of humor. I think He has one! After all, He made you. Just kidding! Just kidding! *ducks and runs away* :flowerforyou:

:sad:

Just kidding. :laugh:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If I am offended.....nobody cares.
    If I offend you it's then end of the World amiright?

This thread was an appeal to Christians. If you are not one, why enter it? Seriously?
    I'm sure there were a few Christians offended in this thread by the people coming in to persecute. Do you see the apocalypse? I don't think so.

Most of us will just take it as the Bible states it "Blessed are you when you are persecuted"

I learned a few weeks ago NOT to say anything in threads that I don't agree with, because no one would listen anyway. Waste of my time, and my passion, when it is better used to help people who want it.

And if you feel this is preachy, again, the thread is an appeal to Christians. Be prepared for it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

There's a good Christian attitude. :noway:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you:):)
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Why can't people live and let live? This was an innocent thread, reflecting a certain point of view. If it's not YOUR point of view, just change the channel, so to speak.

Some people seem to have a hard time grasping that other people are different than they are.

please, PLEASE tell me your meant this ironically. What about me? I'm gay, but I don't share equal rights with you because...wait for it...MANY CHRISTIANS HAVE A HARD TIME GRASPING THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT THAN THEY ARE. Live and let live indeed.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I would choose to call this something "God", a singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself you will find that spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth out about others, seek what they are; the truth about them. And you know what the truth is? The truth about them? About you? About me? Do you? The truth is, we're all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect. Just as you are.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I second the Made to Crave book!!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Please don't judge me because I'm not perfect and I'll do the same for you. :smile:
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I would choose to call this something "God", a singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself you will find that spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth out about others, seek what they are; the truth about them. And you know what the truth is? The truth about them? About you? About me? Do you? The truth is, we're all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect. Just as you are.

amen...
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There is a really awesome book that I read last year to help me with my weight loss for my wedding. Its by Candace Cameron Bure (DJ from Full House) Its called Reshaping It All. Its very motivating and she uses a lot of scripture for motivation and encouragement and why it is so important not only to eat healthy for ourselves but for God. When we cave into bad foods, its almost like caving in to the devils pressure to do bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Reshaping-It-All-Motivation-Spiritual/dp/1433669730

check it out.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options

This thread was an appeal to Christians. If you are not one, why enter it? Seriously?
    I'm sure there were a few Christians offended in this thread by the people coming in to persecute. Do you see the apocalypse? I don't think so.

Most of us will just take it as the Bible states it "Blessed are you when you are persecuted"

I learned a few weeks ago NOT to say anything in threads that I don't agree with, because no one would listen anyway. Waste of my time, and my passion, when it is better used to help people who want it.

And if you feel this is preachy, again, the thread is an appeal to Christians. Be prepared for it.

THIS!!! Why do so many people feel that if they don't agree with a thread (no matter if it's about religion, politics, sexual orientation, should I eat this many calories, etc) then they have to comment. Just don't comment!!! She's looking for support and a way to incorporate what she believes into her weight loss journey. Why does anyone who doesn't believe in this feel they should comment?
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, I'm not religious or anything remotely christian. But no reason to try to ruin it for those who do find comfort in their religion. No reason for non-christians to troll these threads, and really, no reason for christians to be as sensitive about those who disagree with them. My best thought would be to ignore it on both sides.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options

It's okay. I think she's safe. I just took a swipe at her and lived to tell about it! :tongue:

To make this appropriate to the topic...Another verse I think is helpful in our weight journey is this:

Proverbs 17:22 New International Version (©1984)
    A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

It's normal to go through slumps in life and our weight loss journey. But, on the days we're feeling discouraged with the scale and tired of the "drudgery" of being healthy, it's a good thing to find something to smile about and just keep plugging along! :smile:

Well, I REALLY need to get some work done, but thanks to all of you who have brightened my day! I look forward to reading more of your inspirations later! :smile:
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This verse inspired me to renew my weight loss journey in faith & to LET God join with me in it:

Proverbs 31:17 "She girds herself with strength, and makes her arms strong." (NAS)

God Bless!
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump :heart:
  • QuietStorm33
    Options
    My favorite scripture is in Philippians 4:13 (New King James Version)
    “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

And Yes, You can also DO ALL THINGS (and I mean ALL) not through your own strength but through Christ who strengthens you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

THIS!!! Why do so many people feel that if they don't agree with a thread (no matter if it's about religion, politics, sexual orientation, should I eat this many calories, etc) then they have to comment. Just don't comment!!! She's looking for support and a way to incorporate what she believes into her weight loss journey. Why does anyone who doesn't believe in this feel they should comment?

Actually I do believe.....Just the way the rules are here should be equally applied.
    That is all....See you on the other side.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Your Battlestar Galactica quote again! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.