To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I needed those, thanks for starting it!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
    How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
    ~ George Washington Carver
  • EileenT72
    EileenT72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Honestly - I know that God is the reason I've come as far as I have. I can NOT do this without His help. I had no willpower to speak of, no desire to EVER exercise. I've lost 55 pounds so far since May, count my calories and walk almost daily - and have even started alternating jogging as well. That is ALL God. My advice is to pray every day for the strength you need to do this. That's what I've done and God has truly helped me in this journey.

I know you can do it!!!
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    OI! My thoughts exactly. They can go check out the atheist/agnostic topic that just popped up

Trish
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Suffer the children to lift with me, for of theirs are the gains, the roids, and the curls.
  • Montanarush
    Options
    " I can do ALL things, through Christ, who strengthens me!"-Phillipians 4:13 Glad to meet another Christian on here! God bless you!
  • Plates559
    Options
    And yea I say unto thee, just like gains without protein is dead, so also lifts with out heavy weight are dead.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Often quoted, but still a cornerstone for my life in general:

II Cor. 12:9, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

I also pray the Lord's prayer often and focus on..."Give us this day our daily bread." In other words, I try to put my faith and focus that He will provide for me the right food I need for the day for a healthy lifestyle and even healthy thoughts such as...from Phil. 4,

"4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

That's just a few scriptures I read, study, and meditate often on. I prayed the Lord's prayer this morning for my workout very slowly thinking about the words and how simple yet powerful they are.

Friend me if you want, I am a safe bet and happily married. Here to encourage.

Peace and blessings!
  • Plates559
    Options
    There shall be many in the last days that will say "Lord, Lord, 'mire unto my gains for they are like unto thee, and I shall say "do you even lift" For they never squatted in my rack nor did they ever deadlift on my platform. And they shall be cast to the land of machines where there are no gains and protein only comes in forms of raw vegan friendly foods.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, I'm not religious or anything remotely christian. But no reason to try to ruin it for those who do find comfort in their religion. No reason for non-christians to troll these threads, and really, no reason for christians to be as sensitive about those who disagree with them. My best thought would be to ignore it on both sides.

I was thinking along the same lines... only I AM a Christian, and I see so many being too "sensitive" to the negative comments. I am reminded of the fact that even Jesus, when he was reviled, oppressed, and afflicted, did not open his mouth. And Paul said in 1Cor.4:12 - ...when we are persecuted, we endure...v13,when we are slandered, we try to conciliate - and we should be leading out in love here, not defending.

I've been blessed by all the encouraging posts, and saddened by the mockers. But the thing is, the message boards are all about "Motivation and Support" - and quite a few people have been motivated by the postings here, and that should speak to the forum moderators... About disliking Nickelback - I think a "topic" along these lines is not motivating, nor is it encouraging or supportive of us in our weight loss journey... so I see a BIG difference there. As with all the other weird comments...

Just my .02 cents. And I'm praying for the mockers ! !

:flowerforyou:
  • Plates559
    Options
    Behold my hands for they have been callused for your gains, thrust thy hand into my side and feel my rippling obliques.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of great scripture following this board! I have a placque that says . . .
    With GOD all things are possible! I have one on my wall in my office beside my monitor I can see all the time. I have one in my kitchen on the refrigerator. I know that I could of never come as far as I have in this weight loss effort. I thank God for Christian friends at work that help me walk daily on breaks. And, knows when to say, "the Lord will help you the rest of the way, just look to him in all things."
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Nice thread. Thanks for the questions and everyone who shared scriptures. I totally enjoyed it!
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Encouraging Scriptures...

Greater Is He That Is In u Than He That Is In The World...

You Can Do All Things Though Christ That Strengthens You...

Lean Not on your Own Understanding, Acknowledge Him in All Of Your Ways..

Don't You Know that You Body is a Temple Of The Living God...

God Bless You As you incorporate These Scriptures Into Ur Weight loss Journey...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    “The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” ~ Romans 14:17
  • bcmehl
    bcmehl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Search for the Lord and for His strength; Seek His face always

- 1 Chronicles 16:11
  • Plates559
    Options
    Greatest is Zyzz For He Is In You and Is In The World...

You Can Do All Things Though Zyzz That Strengthens You...

Lean Not on your Own Understanding, But From Rippetoe, Acknowledge Zyzz in All Of Your Ways..

Don't You Know that You Body is a Temple Of The Living Zyzz, for He is Pefect
  • Plates559
    Options
    Search for the gains and for strength; Seek the pump always

- 1 Chronicles 16:11
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    People Need To Be Mindful Not To TAKE Certain Scriptures Out Of Context...
This discussion has been closed.