Replies

• lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    LIVE LAUGH LOVE... this should be open to anyone :heart: :heart:
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If I can marry who should say that someone else shouldn't? I could give a sh** what the religious fanatics say. We are all human beings and who we want to spend the rest of our life with really shouldn't matter. Its about love not what genitals we have. Give it a break. If you say gay marriage is a threat to traditional marriage then get rid of divorce. That's what ends marriage. Ugh I'm rambling but people who want to take others right's away because they don't conform to their own belief just irritates the hell out of me. It doesn't bother me what people do in their own homes why should it bother you? You aren't watching it & if you are then you have your own issues. It's basic decency. Everyone should live their lives, let it be.
    as a christian fanatic i don't understand why the government should have any say in who we marry. I should have the right to believe and live how i want and, so should every other group in this country. of course I'm politically libertarian.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well, I would like to get married some day, soooo... I vote yes.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The fact that gay marriage is not permitted in the majority of the united states has made me forsake the concept of marriage all together and until "marriage" is binding between any two people that want to be eternally dedicated to one another - I will not participate. I've been in a wonderful heterosexual relationship for 4 years now and I recently explained to my boyfriend that I will remain committed to him, but unless some things seriously change that I would not ever be signing a marriage certificate. As an institution it is flawed and discriminatory and I do not want to be a part of it.
  • RoseSweet
    Options
    Am I still on myfitnesspal??

My thoughts exactly, I hear some other free calorie counting web sites don't have all this junk going on, like Sparkpeople.com and Loseit.com among others.. I'm going to check it out.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't even be an issue. Some people think that gay marriage 'ruins the sanctity of marriage', which is complete bull. Three month marriages celebrities have do that. -.-
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I have an issue with marriage, regardless of parties involved. It's an outdated and archaic not to mention unnecessary social oddity. Down with marriage, we should ban it all together.

Maybe but I still want a huge party in honor of ME!!!!!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly, I hear some other free calorie counting web sites don't have all this junk going on, like Sparkpeople.com and Loseit.com among others.. I'm going to check it out.

I'm sure your fingers were twisted to click on this post and reply to it :p
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am all for it. I'm also gay, so I'm a bit biased. :flowerforyou:

While I don't know if I would ever personally want to get married, I believe that it should be an option for everyone. Marriage is not something that is original to the Christian religion... just think of all the cultures in the world that practice marriage... and yes, some even practice gay marriage, or, as we like to call it, "Marriage".

If a certain church will not do it, while I don't personally agree with it, that's their perogative. However, when the entire COUNTRY, which is supposed to be a democracy, not a theocracy, makes it illegal in most states, there is just something wrong with that.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    are you surprised that people are against the idea of interracial relationshiops, or are you surprised that people actually SAID they were against the idea? Will you be surprised if people say they are against gay marriage?

You seem like you might be surprised by a lot of things in life. You must be very young.

Or perhaps she lives in a much more tolerant area where interracial relationships and gay marriage are supported? No need to be rude to the OP.
    [/quote]

Wasn't intended as rude. That's the problem with lack of intonation when simply reading a typed statement. Simply an observation. It is an obvious demarcation between generations. The older people get, the more they are willing to go out on a limb and express a difference in opinion from a group. This is a benefit to growing older. You say whatever the hell you want.
    [/quote]

It has nothing to do with intonation. "You must be very young" is a condescending phrase older people with mindsets like you use when they feel they know more than the people around them. I know lots of older people who say whatever they want and get their point across without being rude.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Totally for it. One of my really good friends just got married (same sex) but had to do it in Germany as he could not here in the US - ridiculous.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    are you surprised that people are against the idea of interracial relationshiops, or are you surprised that people actually SAID they were against the idea? Will you be surprised if people say they are against gay marriage?

You seem like you might be surprised by a lot of things in life. You must be very young.

I'm just surprised by the fact that they were against it. Not that they actually stated their opinion. It's 2012. I thought that discrimination against interracial couples was a thing of the past.

And you're right, human ignorance and stupidity always surprises me
  • RoseSweet
    Options

I would like to have a supportive lose weight kind of climate instead of clicking on MFP and seeing off topic sickening, headlines jump in my face, this site has really changed, I'm embarrassed to recommend it to my friends anymore. : (
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have gay guy friends. They Do NOT want marriage to b legal. They said it just opens up another can of worms.

Hopefully that isn't your argument against it?

I'm all for it. People should be able marry whoever they want.

I'm for it, so it surprised me when they said they were against it. One has been married to a woman, has had kids, and then realized he was gay...he was quite blunt and adamant about it. Didn't give specifics....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

I'm just surprised by the fact that they were against it. Not that they actually stated their opinion. It's 2012. I thought that discrimination against interracial couples was a thing of the past.

You are fortunate to live in the United States. Always remember that. If you are passionate about equal rights for all do not just post polls on MFP, get involved with human rights organizations such as Amnesty International, or the myriad of other good organizations out there. Help change the world, there are horrors going on every day in most of it. Right now, in 2012.

blessings.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

You're in the chit-chat forums. Check out General Diet and Weight Loss or Success Stories or Food and Nutrition. This part of the forums is for everything else that doesn't necessarily fit in the fitness sections.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm for it. How does a gay/lesbian couple marrying affect my marriage? It's ridiculous that at this time people are being denied the right to marry.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Or perhaps she lives in a much more tolerant area where interracial relationships and gay marriage are supported? No need to be rude to the OP.

Wasn't intended as rude. That's the problem with lack of intonation when simply reading a typed statement. Simply an observation. It is an obvious demarcation between generations. The older people get, the more they are willing to go out on a limb and express a difference in opinion from a group. This is a benefit to growing older. You say whatever the hell you want.
    [/quote]

It has nothing to do with intonation. "You must be very young" is a condescending phrase older people with mindsets like you use when they feel they know more than the people around them. I know lots of older people who say whatever they want and get their point across without being rude.
    [/quote]

you have no idea what my mindset is. you assume. and maybe you don't mean to, but you sound kinda rude.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options

You are fortunate to live in the United States. Always remember that. If you are passionate about equal rights for all do not just post polls on MFP, get involved with human rights organizations such as Amnesty International, or the myriad of other good organizations out there. Help change the world, there are horrors going on every day in most of it. Right now, in 2012.

blessings.

Well I live in Australia. But thats hardly the point.
    What makes you think all I do is post polls on MFP?
    I do have a life off the internet. A life which you know nothing about.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options

I would like to have a supportive lose weight kind of climate instead of clicking on MFP and seeing off topic sickening, headlines jump in my face, this site has really changed, I'm embarrassed to recommend it to my friends anymore. : (

"Off topic sickening headlines".... I'm not even going to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

However,
    1. This is the "chit-chat, fun, and games' board. You can talk about pretty much whatever you want here. While I do appreciate your opinion, if it's this discussion is so upsetting to you, no one's forcing you to look and post in this topic.
    2. May I redirect you to the "Motivation and Support" board?
This discussion has been closed.