Slim in 6 group starting monday morning, 1/11/2010!

Options

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I was able to breeze through start it up, but I'm going through burn it up basically a section at a time. I'm pushing myself to get one section farther each day and thus far its working out pretty well. I may do an extra week of it, but the calories are getting burnt (today I burnt 430 calories by getting up to the first part of the resistance band training). Gonna try to get the full way through tomorrow!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    It's definitely good to know when you should push yourself and when you should modify a move or a workout so you don't risk injury.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Day Two for me.
    I didnt get started on the 11th like most of you , I didnt see the tread until wedsnesday....BUT the important thing is that I DID start.
    I am doing "Start it Up" , so far so good. Today felt a little harder than yesterday, ( different time of day??) but I didnt have to stop or rest. ,so thats good.
    The lunges & squats are where I am weak. Although even when I was in the best physical shape of my life my quads were still were I felt the burn. Not sure how long I will stay on this section, but it will be at least a full week.

Once I realized how tight I was I popped in the slim & limber section. I think I will do this everyday regardless of what else I do.
    I really need to get my flexibility back. I'm hoping it will help me with my lower back pain , nothing serious but a constant ache.
    Thanks for starting this group, it is great to be accountable to someone.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I can't get enough of Slim & Limber. :heart:
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just joined the website so they'd program the workouts for me and I just wondered if anyone follows that??
    Only one day of start it up? and only one rest day a week?? and no slim n limber or anything like that???
    Maybe I did it wrong.. hrmm.. help?
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hey lemonllama, yeah, the six-week program is pretty ambitious. I did it six days a week, but I didn't move to Ramp it Up the second day. I think it was the fourth or something like that. But I did all four weeks of Burn It Up, six days a week, and it was brutal. I don't necessarily recommend doing that unless you really want to challenge yourself. But it's a pretty great way if a challenge IS what you're looking for!

I don't know why they don't put S&6-Pack and S&L on the schedule. The SI6 guide book says to do 6-Pack three days a week. I would do it before my main workout. It also says to do S&Limber as often as possible. I would do it after every single workout.

I don't know if what I'm saying is helping or making it more confusing. Here's an example of one week of, let's say, Ramp It Up.

Monday: Slim & 6-Pack / Ramp It Up / Slim & Limber
    Tuesday: Ramp It Up / Slim & Limber
    Wednesday: Slim & 6-Pack / Ramp It Up / Slim & Limber
    Thursday: Ramp It Up / Slim & LimberFriday: Slim & 6-Pack / Ramp It Up / Slim & Limbe
    Saturday: Ramp It Up / Slim & Limber
    Sunday: REST!!!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hope every one has a good week. I am hoping that I can find some get up and go case right now I just want to go back to bed. :yawn:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone. I hope everyone is having a great Monday! Happy MLK day today!

I am still doing RIU and I always do Slim and Limber prior to my workout. I find that I don't get sore doing it in that order! I'm going to take Jill's suggestion to add 6-pack before my workouts 3 days per week. I am working crazy hours today, so I am going to substitute my SI6 workout with 45 minutes on the treadmill and crunches/stretching before.

Hope everyone has a great workout today! Press play! :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    All of you are very motivating. I think I must be the granny of the group! It's still "Start it Up" for me. Still in a cast and hope to get 3-4 workouts in this week. Even in my own modified way, I feel so much better after I complete it. :smile: I agree, Slim n Limber feels great. Happy MLK to all. Take time to reflect on what a great country we live in due to this brave man. Do something kind for others today! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    You're not much of a granny in comparison! I'll be 50 this year (October).

I did Slim & 6-Pack, Cardio Core Express, and Slim & Limber this morning. Tomorrow I'll do Ramp It Up and some more S&L. It felt good to move again after taking my rest day yesterday.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Fabulos Fifty,
    I am also one of the "older" ones here I think, I will be 50 next month. Ugh.
    I didnt start this challenge until Wednesday last week, 2 days after the rest of the group.
    I am still on start it up and will do this level for at least a full week. I am realistic ,
    I havent done any real exercise for many years, other than the treadmill here and there.
    I'm not trying to "win" I am simply trying to develop exercise as a habit that I do everyday.
    At this point I can honestly say it is getting easier everyday, I can do 8 more push ups than
    the first day and my muscles no longer hurt when I wake up.
    I will attempt to move to Ramp it Up on Thursday, I do not want to be in so much pain that I quit.
    Just work at your own pace and remember it's not so much what level your on , but that you are actually doing something!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Fabulos Fifty,
    I am also one of the "older" ones here I think, I will be 50 next month. Ugh.
    I didnt start this challenge until Wednesday last week, 2 days after the rest of the group.
    I am still on start it up and will do this level for at least a full week. I am realistic ,
    I havent done any real exercise for many years, other than the treadmill here and there.
    I'm not trying to "win" I am simply trying to develop exercise as a habit that I do everyday.
    At this point I can honestly say it is getting easier everyday, I can do 8 more push ups than
    the first day and my muscles no longer hurt when I wake up.
    I will attempt to move to Ramp it Up on Thursday, I do not want to be in so much pain that I quit.
    Just work at your own pace and remember it's not so much what level your on , but that you are actually doing something!!
    That is great you can do more now than when you started. That's what it's all about. Congrats!

I think you are being so smart about how you're going about this. You will be miles farther ahead by developing the exercise habit than you would be if you pushed yourself beyond your limits, burn out, and quit. Consistency is the key.

The nice thing about Ramp It Up is that you get some light resistance in with the cardio. You might enjoy the feeling, and the little bit of soreness. Some of it may be pretty challenging, so don't get discouraged the first time you try it. Just do your best. The first time I tried doing the leg lifts, I thought I was going to die. Now I look forward to them.

Have a great Wednesday, everybody!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I haven't work out yet and I feel like it. Today has not gone as plan I hope can get it in today. Last night the Baby did not sleepy well so I did sleep well.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Good luck getting your workout in today! I remember those days of babies not sleeping. My youngest baby is turning 15 in April (my oldest 18 in June), so they keep me awake in different ways now!

I did 6-Pack, CCE, and S&L. Tomorrow's a Ramp It Up day for me.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Didn't get my work out in so I am going to do the 6 pack and S& L its the best I can do today. I am so hoping Caia will sleepy tonight all night (okay I am dreaming). And Jill I don't want to hear that your kids still keep you up. I dream of a full night sleepy oh how I miss sleep. I will get back to it aging tomorrow and I usely take two rest day I will try my best to workout on Saturday.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I hate to tell you this, but there will be nights your kids keep you up when they're teens. However, it's not every night, so you DO get a chance to catch up on sleep!

I misspoke when I said today would be RIU. Today's my Sculpt 3-4 and S&L workout.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I Hope every one is having a good Tuesday and also have a good rest of the week. :yawn: :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hey there! My week's good so far. Having a busy day today, but I did get my workout in just a bit ago. Hope you're all doing well too!
  • jweyand
    jweyand Posts: 13
    Options
    hey there

I just started slim in 6 yesterday 1/27/10. I jsut did ramp it up as I haven't exercised in years and need to take it slow.

Can you all chime in and let me know how you're doing your series? Are you doing ramp it up for 2 weeks straight, then burn it up?

Ramp it up was quite nice I will say. I had to stop at some points and walk through it as my heart rate was going nuts (like I said.. sedentary for years)

I'm really looking forward to toning up and getting fit.

Jen
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Keep it up and go at your own pace.
    153118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter