Motivation Pics :)

Options

Replies

• sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    o n to be fair if i was skinny i wouldnt be trying to get fit / loose weight !! it was just a picture calm down lol !! I love that no matter what there is always something wrong with something on these posts....
    Again calm down dont take it to heart.... take it to bed its warmer lol x

Well, people log on this site for many reasons not just loosing weight. No need to be an *kitten*. Ridiculating other people just because they don't like something you posted is is not cool at all.

Nor is calling them an *kitten*

I'm sorry but simply pointed out something I didn't like and discussed it with people and she started rediculating me. I think it means she acted like an *kitten*. We don't have to agree on this but there is no need to act like that.

Maybe not, but essentially she said 'calm down' and you called her an *kitten*

Anyway, it's not really my argument so I'll bow out

She tells me to calm down after I said that we won't agree on this and posted stuff I see as motivational? That was simply patronising and that's why I said she acts like an *kitten*. That's all.

*kitten*?? ammmm ITS ONLY A PICTURE WHY IS IT SUCH A BIG DEAL U NUTTER lol :D
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    Acutally so ya know what head_in_rainb ??? your a troll and im ignoring everything you say from now on. Il post whatever I like and I liked that PICTURE! 5year old adults do my head in. People need to learn to be less serious about things and if you dont like something be an adult get over it move on dont look at it again and dont let it bother or ruin your day lol

Im glad other people like the pics and hope they post more too :)
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    water.jpg

fitness-motivation-running-Favimcom-326874.jpg

discipline.jpg
  • AinatSkram
    Options
    Bump ~ Because these are great for days where you just don't want to get up and do something!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    THAKK YOU!! I needed this. :heart:
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    Wow these are great! Thanks for all who shared. I think one was forgotten though- " If you don't like it, stop staring":laugh: Always amazes me how much people think their opinion matters then get upset because the "masses" don't agree!
  • cheekycharley
    Options
    But why is skinny and fit mutually exclusive here? All this "Fit is the new skinny" "Skinny looks good in clothes, fit looks good naked" "I want to be fit and healthy not skinny" .. all of this imply that you have to be one or another. are yoga teachers or rock climbers or long distance runners not fit and healthy? They are and yet they are skinny. That's why I said that it rubbs me in a wrong way. Why can't it be profitness yet not bashing thin people?

They're not mutually exclusive, the point it's making is that one should aspire to be fit, not skinny.

"Fit is the new skinny" is born from the realisation that it is no longer wise to promote 'skinny' as being a sensble goal. It isn't a yoga teachers goal to be skinny, it's to be fit, healthy and supple. It isn't a rock climbers goal to be skinny, it's to be strong, fit, athletic, powerful and flexible. It isn't a long distance runner's goal to be skinny, it's to be fit, have endurance, and have a lean phisique.

It's not bashing skinny people,, it's bashing people whose sole aim is to be skinny regardless of anything else. That's not a healthy goal.

Thank You for putting this into words! I have been trying to explain this to soo many people. The goal is to be healthy NOT skinny. Skinny is just a possible perk of being healthy (in some cases) not the goal at hand! Just cause your skinny doesnt mean you are healthy and fit and just cause your fit doesn't necessarily mean you are skinny... it means you are healthy and often times trimmer then the average person.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Acutally so ya know what head_in_rainb ??? your a troll and im ignoring everything you say from now on. Il post whatever I like and I liked that PICTURE! 5year old adults do my head in. People need to learn to be less serious about things and if you dont like something be an adult get over it move on dont look at it again and dont let it bother or ruin your day lol

I said you acted like an *kitten* when you started patronizing me for disagreeing. All I did was pointing out the sentiment I don't apreciate, We don't have to agree but there is no point in ridiculating other people over it. I guess you simply don't understand it as your comment in this quote showed. And it raelly takes more that one *kitten* on internet to ruin my day, no need to worry.
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    ...and that chunk of fat just made my day! lol
  • kantoka
    kantoka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Loved all those pictures! Woot! Thanks for posting. =) Great motivation
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration...and honestly people, why are we whining about "bashing?" The insane level of sensitivity on MFP is exhausting sometimes... why so serious, MFP??
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

I said you acted like an *kitten* when you started patronizing me for disagreeing. All I did was pointing out the sentiment I don't apreciate, We don't have to agree but there is no point in ridiculating other people over it. I guess you simply don't understand it as your comment in this quote showed. And it raelly takes more that one *kitten* on internet to ruin my day, no need to worry.

For goodness sake, its RIDICULING!! NOT ridiculating!!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    liftheavy.jpg

Useful for talking my wife into wearing high heels and a bikini down the gym
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great motivation - thank you!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    WOW.....Awesome, I really needed that.....
  • jallison12
    Options
    Love these
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thank You!! Needed this today!!
  • snoopyfan88001
    Options
    Just finished working out/cleaning up the house some, and these pics made me feel like I am working towards getting healthy and are a great motivation! Thanks! :happy: