Foods you had to cut out of diet to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Salt, anything that is processed,comes in a box or can, deep fried anything
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    mainly salads chicken and beef
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    processed food
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I cut down my bread/bagel/wraps/burritos intake massively. Reduced my rice intake by 50%. Cut my beer down to 1/2 bottle a week.

I cut my milk chocolate down by 90% and replaced it with 72% dark. Still eat too much coffee yogurt

I should cut my dairy - but I'm addicted to cheese.

If I cut dairy and yogurt, maybe I could lose faster- but those treats make it easy to keep to my new regime,
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    All starchy foods (flours, rice, potatoes of any form or color, carrots, corn, ......), caffeine, alcohol, very sweet fruits (bananas, all melons, mangos, dry sweetened fruits, oranges, .....), all fried foods, all nuts, butter, milk, yogurt, and fatty meats. I know my list is huge and cutting down lots of highly nutritious foods but it works for me. I get the nutrients from those foods by replacing them with other highly nutritious foods that are not so starchy and/or sugary.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Regular soda and drastically reduced even "healthy" liquid calories like the skim milk and 100% fruit juices I used to drink a lot, they're not bad for you, but they're calories that add up fast without filling you so it makes staying on a deficit harder. Also cut down even further on things like chips (try light popcorn for salty snacks) and cheese (difficult, very difficult) I cut things out of my daily routine that are too calorie dense but I won't deprive myself if I can fit them into my calorie goals :) I still eat bread but try reading the labels (this applies to everything, not just bread) you'll be surprised how many calories you can save by changing varieties a bit without making a drastic change.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free and that is enough restriction for a lifetime. So every thing else is fine as long as I can burn it off the same day.
    I have sushi binge days.
    A Ben and Jerry night that would make you blush. (check out current profile pic)
    and before TOM visits we do Chinese.
    Is that too much information?
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Greasy foods- fries, poutine, anything seriously high-calorie.

Cakes, pure chocolate, sugar. I snack on low-calorie Krave or i have a fat-free pudding cup and canned fruit..

Subway every other day.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I cut out red meat, most dairy, and anything greasey, because after I had my gallbladder removed these foods cause me great discomfort. I try to watch my calorie and sugar intake, and eat everything in moderation. I let myself eat whatever I want, because the minute I start restricting my food choices too much I binge.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fresh orange Juice. Not particularly bad but I drank so much of it I just thought I could use those calories eating!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    There is not much I have cut out of my diet with the exception of sugared sodas. I eat pretty much anything I want to eat but I fit it into my calorie allowance. I do try to avoid high sugar and high fat treats but I do have ice cream or frozen yogurt nearly everyday. I feel that if I force myself to give up everything then I might as well throw in the towel. Who can last and how can you make it a lifestyle if you can never eat something you want. The secret is portion control. I've done a pretty good job of hanging in and intend to keep it up. Just use your common sense...don't waste your calories on high sugared drinks. Eat some fresh fruit, drink lots of water, after a while you won't even miss those sodas.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have to cut out anything completely.... but there are some "bad" foods to eat sparingly.... anything with artificial sweeteners, alcohol, fast food and just about anything highly processed/boxed. I can't think of a single thing that I am going to give up forever.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out of my diet entirely. I've actually increased the variety of foods that I eat since I started losing weight and eating healthier. I just enjoy things in moderation and some things less frequently than I did before.

This is what I did to. Although I stay away from fast foods and frozen meals. No need to eliminate everything you like, you might fail in your journey. Everything in moderation and it should work out. Good Luck to you in your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Don't eat much bread. Have cut down on beer consumption.
  • ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm with everybody who says nothing. I started eating MORE and then the unhealthier stuff I've found to often times be less worth eating.

Random fun psych fact: most people respond with positives better. Don't focus on what you have to cut back. Focus on what you add in. Don't see yourself as cutting out ice cream; see yourself as adding in a [insert fun new fruit here]. Even "losing weight" is a more negative goal than say "gaining a slimmer, fitter body." The people who have positive ("adding") goals are typically more successful/happier with the goals than those who focus on the negative goals.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Pasta. Not because of the 'moderation' argument, but because it's like crack and I *will* eat a whole box at a time.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am afraid I am going to have to give up tortilla chips. There just is no moderation when it comes to me and tortilla chips. I can eat them in bags and bags and bags... or baskets and baskets and baskets... or any old way really. I like the yellow corn ones and the white corn ones and the blue corn ones and the ones made from sweet potatoes... :sad:
  • brendabelieve
    Options
    Potato chips and pop. Love them both!

My name is Brenda, and I am a chip-aholic. I have been chip free for 20 days....
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Soda, most fast food (I still enjoy salads), fruit juice high in sugar, ANYTHING high in sugar, milk, pizza...
    And with things that I have removed from my diet, I have added more veggies, more fruit, more fiber-filled carbs, and a LOT more water. Water is all I drink except for my one cup of coffee in the morning.
    I FEEL GREAT :)
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking diet ginger beer instead of wine. I am really enjoying it and find I am making far better late night food choices as a result :)