Baby naming fun :)

Options

Replies

• lisahale
    Options
    I love Gracelyn !! I also love Ella Kate and Ella Claire. Lila , Layla, Scarlett, and Levi which could be boy or girl! Good Luck and congrats on the new baby coming ! :))
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love Gracelyn, Harper, Everly and Layken.

My granddaughter is Everleigh! I'd have spelled it the way you have it there, but it wasn't my choice, and I do love the way the name sounds. :)

Tessa is adorable, and Tess is a really cute nickname. Someone else mentioned Teegan, which is my favorite girls' name right now.

Some other possible suggestions:

Corrinne (you could nickname her Corrie)
    Delaney (I've always thought names didn't come much more Southern than this!)
    Shelby
    Dallas

You simply HAVE to come back and tell us what you pick!! :)

EDIT: OK, maybe scratch the two "D" names...I wasn't considering your last name. Or not, if you're OK with the first and last initials being the same.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i didn't realize my post was going to ignite your fury like that.

I would like to think it was my post that set her off.
    I'm pretty sure it was. I mean, you clearly were completely serious, you mysogynist!

I know right??! It was from years of being beat down by my wife, 4 daughters, female cat and female dog.

i just feel sorry for the guy who just said "lmao" being lumped in with us.

Really, you're all an embarrassment to your gender. I don't know how you can live with yourselves.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Katrina?

In Louisiana? Nice.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are going head to head over choosing the perfect name for our daughter. (In a friendly way of course) We just cannot agree! I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and I am sooooo ready to find my sweet girl a name. I am from Georgia, he's from Louisiana and we live in Louisiana now. Want something kinda tough and country, but not hickish. Our last name is Dusang (pronounced DO-SANG) We have a two year old son named Trace Victor Dusang (and we both absolutely adore his name). But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it. Want something unusual, but not weird. I'm not really into common or trendy names.
    The ones we like so far are:
    Alyssa (possibly Joanne for a middle name bc it's a family name. My name is Dixie Joanne)
    Tessa (my husbands favorite)
    Capri (We both like it)
    Lexie (probably Joanne again as a middle)
    Gracelyn (we both like)

I need ideas! Help! We just can't decide. I'm waiting on that perfect name to just spring out at us and I haven't found it yet. I've tried name books and websites. Most are either weird or too popular. Throw me some names folks!

Out of your choice of names I really like Alyssa and Lexie.

I've got a 16 month old daughter called Maya (pronounced My-a, the Spanish way). Other names I liked at the time were: Chloe, Amélie, Daisy, Isabella, Claudia, Arianna....

I like names for girls that aren't too popular, although actually Chloe is a very popular name in the UK.

I have a son called Jack who's 3, and that was either no. 1 or 2 on the popular name list for 2009, but we both really liked the name, and it suits him so well.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Tessa and Gracelyn are very sweet names! My husband and I agreed on Mika (MEEKA) Alexis (maybe) if we have a girl in the waaaay future. I have always loved the name Natalie :smile:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i didn't realize my post was going to ignite your fury like that.

I would like to think it was my post that set her off.
    I'm pretty sure it was. I mean, you clearly were completely serious, you mysogynist!

I know right??! It was from years of being beat down by my wife, 4 daughters, female cat and female dog.

i just feel sorry for the guy who just said "lmao" being lumped in with us.

Really, you're all an embarrassment to your gender. I don't know how you can live with yourselves.

oh, i knew i was an embarrassment...

i just didn't figure that this was the clincher.
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Chesney :)
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No on Capri - correct, she will be confused with pants or fruit punch
    No on Alyssa - she will be confused with 50% of her classmates of the same name.

Joanna Dixie (changing your name around just a little)
    or
    Tara - a wonderful simple 4 leter name.
    or
    if you are looking for a T name - use mine. Patricia, but my entire life my family has called me Tricia. No children for me....so you are welcome to use it.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    THOR.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Gracelyn is a pretty name.
    I also really like the name Molly for some reason.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Gracelyn is a pretty name.
    I also really like the name Molly for some reason.

I like Molly too!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Never going to post my future baby names until they are born. Damn thieves! haha
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Gracelyn Sophia Dusang :flowerforyou:
  • justaride08
    Options
    Corbin!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Just don't do **** from twilight! Every girl under the age of 30 that I know who is pregnant is picking a name from that movie. Do something interesting. My personal favorite name for a girl is Mackenzie... I don't know why.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    We had to have JLM initials for all of our kids (family tradition) without re-using anyone elses current name. We were limited and ended up with Jacquie, Jacob, Jonah, Jericha (sounds like Jer-i-ka) and Jourdain (sounds like Zure-dane - yeah we went french). I wanted to use Jazmyn or Jazlyn but never got the chance. We won't even get into the middle names! My grand daughters are Jade and Killian, which we love.

I like Gracelyn. It has a pretty sound. If I could have gone without the JLM initials I would have loved Elena Grace for a girl. Just love the way it rolls off the tongue.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    First off congrats on the new little one!

My girls are named :
    Ava Gabriella
    Nicolette Alessandra
    Tatiana Alectra

I really liked Titania (From Shakespeare), Apollonia (feminine form of Apollo), and River.
  • Belle9987
    Options
    Gracelyn is a beautiful name and the nicknames are endless
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bobbie

I like "boy" names for girls.