Baby naming fun :)

Options
14567810»

Replies

• PickledAly
    Options
    Just for the record, since my name is Alyssa that's obviously the best ;)
    Jokes aside, I like Gracelyn the most. That's a very original name to me. So is Capri.
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What about Storm?
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I heard some good advice about baby names this week - imagine your daughter introducing herself at her first job interview. I think the point of this is to discourage the "Peacheee Fluffiebelle" school of naming.

Aww, but I wanted to name any potential child Shuulayse Applebottum Zhu Zhu Necktareen! You wouldn't approve?
  • cblevitron
    Options
    Tessa is a really pretty name.

I've always been partial to Charlotte.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hafta go with "no" on Tessa...I'm pretty sure I saw a movie with a cheap stripper named Tess in it... It seems very "trailer park" to me...
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Katrina?

Poor taste.
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I heard some good advice about baby names this week - imagine your daughter introducing herself at her first job interview. I think the point of this is to discourage the "Peacheee Fluffiebelle" school of naming.

And from personal experience can I suggest that you name her something that is spelled in a conventional manner?
    Traycee-Ljynne (with a silent j) might seem like a good idea at the time but she is not going to thank you for it when she has to spell her name every day for the rest of her life.

These comments don't apply to the names you suggested by the way - I would pick Tessa from your list.

And I love Isla as a name but I can't get my head around the eye-la pronunciation, to me it will alway be iss-la, like the Spanish word for island.

My name is Somerleigh... like Summerlee... and I love it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hafta go with "no" on Tessa...I'm pretty sure I saw a movie with a cheap stripper named Tess in it... It seems very "trailer park" to me...

Tessa is an old Italian name and very classic. Tess is the name of a character in a respected and classic novel.

However, what I find interesting is the the OP says she doesn't want trendy, yet her son has a trendy name and three of the five offered as options for girls are trendy.
  • metzica
    Options
    I like Tessa, Trace and Tessa sounds good, I like doing the same beginning letter for kids names : )
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It didn't even register in my brain that you've given loads of information on here. I would consider editing some of that out. You just never know who's looking at it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It didn't even register in my brain that you've given loads of information on here. I would consider editing some of that out. You just never know who's looking at it.

You can only edit posts up to one hour after posting them.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are going head to head over choosing the perfect name for our daughter. (In a friendly way of course) We just cannot agree! I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and I am sooooo ready to find my sweet girl a name. I am from Georgia, he's from Louisiana and we live in Louisiana now. Want something kinda tough and country, but not hickish. Our last name is Dusang (pronounced DO-SANG) We have a two year old son named Trace Victor Dusang (and we both absolutely adore his name). But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it. Want something unusual, but not weird. I'm not really into common or trendy names.
    The ones we like so far are:
    Alyssa (possibly Joanne for a middle name bc it's a family name. My name is Dixie Joanne)
    Tessa (my husbands favorite)
    Capri (We both like it)
    Lexie (probably Joanne again as a middle)
    Gracelyn (we both like)

I need ideas! Help! We just can't decide. I'm waiting on that perfect name to just spring out at us and I haven't found it yet. I've tried name books and websites. Most are either weird or too popular. Throw me some names folks!

Your name is Dixie (I don't think Lexie or Capri are good names for your daughter, sounds to similar).

Out of the names you picked, I like Gracelyn but remember, it will get shortened all throughout school -- and probably after too.

What about "Dakota Joanne Dusang" (that way you can both have same initials but it sounds good when you think about calling them to dinner "Trace! Dakota!") In my opinion it's a strong, tough sounding name, but sounds girlish and beautiful with all of your names. :)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Just an update:
    We hashed out a million and one names before finally choosing one we both loved, and it wasn't at all what we expected but we're hooked! Vanessa Grace will be her name. Not overly popular, not trendy....classy and timeless. We LOVE it! :happy: