What's made you feel proud of yourself today?

Options

Replies

• tinks1999
    Options
    I've taken over 26000 steps today :smile:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Wearing my size 8 jeans for the first time! I buy the exact same jeans so I've gone from a 14 to an 8 in them :smile:
  • kianabj
    kianabj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    today i ran on the treadmill speed of 8.0 for 30 seconds when lastweek the fastest i had ever gon was 5.7.
  • kianabj
    kianabj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you should be proud of that because i have that same feeling sometime and most times it wins.
  • Skchers
    Skchers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I Walked on the treadmill two days in a row.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    congrats to everyone on their achievements!! I guess mine this week is that I have gone almost 6 days now without binging. 4 weeks ago brought on an emotional upset in my life and it triggered binges big time...giving me a gain of 23 pounds... this morning, with getting myself back in line and no binging for 5 1/2 days... I have 11 of those 23 pounds off....and too I am seeking help with my BED so I wont rely on food for emotional times.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Today I did some mini aerobics and got my heart pumping - I was so fed up with just hobbling around on crutches, and I really do miss my aqua aerobics and my walking.

If I can only do three or four mini sessions like that every day and gradually increase the time I'll be happy as I know at least I'm trying!

OK, it wasn't much, I didn't want to start my foot throbbing or pull my stitches, but this time a year or so ago I would have been quite content to just sit on the sofa stuffing my face, so I'm proud of myself today that I made the effort, albeit a small one!
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did the entire day 2 of C25K =)
  • beachgirl140
    beachgirl140 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I worked out even when I didn't feel like it.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Some really great proud moments - and why not?!

We are all fantastic people on this site!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    That i've made it this far in my journey to lose weight.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I just logged my proud moment. A few months ago, I could only run for a couple minutes. I progressed. 8 minutes was a hurdle. I rejoiced when I got to 12... 15.... 20.... 30....

Well, this morning, I ran for about 50 minutes, and I ran over 4 miles (4.77 miles total, but I walked the first .35).

I'm pretty proud of myself. Especially since I haven't been able to do any full on running lately (I've had a change of schedule and I have my baby with me, and we're not home, so it's on the other side of the county that we spend our days). I've been doing intervals because jogging with him in the stroller is so much tougher!!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That I was at the gym at 5:30am and had enough energy to go downtown with friends until midnight. Not bad for 40;)
  • xoleanne
    xoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    turned down a sausage & bacon sandwhich for a yummy fruit smoothie. hehe :)
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Second day without chocolate! (Major achievement for someone who would eat at least 1000g of chocolate in some form DAILY.)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    haven't been running all summer..and skipped a 5k race last night..But I went for 3k around my neighbourhood this morning..it felt great! I'm back baby.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I woke up today feeling like crap--and an hour later, I STILL feel like crap....no energy at all, half dead etc.

BUT... I am on my way to work out at the gym anyway. Hopefully, the moving around will help far more than just sitting on the couch drinking tea, wrapped in a blanket moaning about how I don't feel so hot.

I am not known for my perseverance :laugh: so this is a big accomplishment for me.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Second day without chocolate! (Major achievement for someone who would eat at least 1000g of chocolate in some form DAILY.)

I'm a chocoholic. I have learned to limit it to 2-3 pieces (not bars) per day. Some days I manage to skip it, but that took awhile of restricted access before I got to that point. Recently I challenged myself to 7 days without chocolate. I never planned to give it up and I didn't but I wanted to prove to myself I can increase the amount of time between servings just as well as I managed to decrease the portion size (used to be about a bag of chocolate every 2 days).
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning and the scales told me I was at 184 lbs, and I was able to put on these new pants that are a size 34" comfortably, it was only a few months that I was barely able to fit in a size 36".

it was a year ago when I was at 296 lbs, and wore pants at the size of 46"

and for breakfast this morning, my roommates brought a bunch of breakfast sandwiches and hash brown bites from burger king, I turned it all down and just made oatmeal with almond milk, this was something I was not able to do before.
  • That I refuse to be around people that dont give a humming bird about me.. pressing on.. leaving behind those who have hurt me.. dusting off and shaking off the games of life and the people that come with that package.. I should have checked the curtain on that price is right game before I gambled with my heart LOL :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!