STOP EATING AND DRINKING FAT FREE DAIRY! PLEASE READ

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    256671_f214733ea6a9581593a480d8f8ef2995_large.jpg
    Yes, those are tiger cubs. Drinking pig's milk.
    :love: awww their sooo cute!!! i just wanna eat them up their so cute:love:
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a 1/2 cup of good whole fat raw milk than a gallon of skim milk!
  • gretchens33
    Options
    Just an added note. If you google dairy and female INFERTILITY you will find a good research article on how women should have 1 cup of FULL fat dairy product a day. Your hormones are negatively affected if you don't get this in.

interesting food for thought.

I personally have been drinking skim to cut calories, but once down to where i want to be, I will resume a organic little whole milk for hormonal balance.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I question the credibility of this article. Just looks like someone's random blog, and a lot of the points are so ridiculous. Take "3. It contains antibiotics, nasty bodily fluids, and GMOs"

Guess what, so do many of the other animal products you eat, fat free or not.

I would think that too. I just don't know, though, if some of those substances are fat-soluble and therefore concentrated in the butterfat in the milk.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options

6: Well, that's nice. Nor will watching Dr Who. But I still watch Dr Who because I like it.

Same here. I could watch it all day!:tongue: Bow ties are cool.
    Fezzes are cool.

and stetsons... :bigsmile:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh, but I am certain we could find opposing articles touting the excellence of skim. Higher in calcium after all (because it is added, but whatever). I personally am pleased to read they found a way to utilize what used to be waste. If we are going to use the animal, best to use as much as is viable.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I can only drink 2% milk, sadly when I was young, my body basically would bloat up from anything else as far as 1%, skim, and whole. But i don't even drink it that often. Cheese though, i eat it once a week if that.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    None of the points made are relevant to me.
    So no, despite your shouting, I will continue to keep drinking skimmed milk.

For a start, I prefer the taste these days.
    If I'm going to have fat, I'll have it from a source I enjoy more.

From the points in the article:
    1: Absolutely irrelevant as a reason to not drink or drink it.
    2+3: It comes out of the orifice of a live animal. I bet it's got a hell of a lot of ingredients I don't know about. Nature has as many 'nasty' things as human lab-created chemicals.
    4: Nor does water. Milk is much higher in protein and is tastier on my cereal.
    5: Lost over 50lb so far. Seems to be working. I have many times yo-yo dieted. The reasons for putting weight on have not been related to food but other issues in my life. In some cases I have already been overweight and started eating a lot more bad stuff too. It's not to do with my weight at the time, but what's going on in my life.
    6: Well, that's nice. Nor will watching Dr Who. But I still watch Dr Who because I like it.

AGREED! AGREED! AND AGREED SOME MORE! Thanks for this post!
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Full fat eh? Good way to get diabetes!!!

Sugar gives you diabetes not fat. They add sugar to many fat free items for flavor.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love raw organic dairy products, but if that is all I ate it's too many calories. So I balance it out on occasion with a limited amount of fat free yogurt and cheese only. When I was 100% organic fanatic I was obese. It is equally unhealthy for me to be obese and I had worse heath problems even though I ate all organic. I soaked all my own grains, made my own cheese and whey, milled my own grains, used only raw dairy, fermented my own kombucha and sauerkraut, and the list goes on. But I was obese. Too many calories is too many calories no matter how "clean". All "clean" won't help you lose weight, although I agree the food is better and mostly more fattening.

So I figure a few "bad" items to keep me sane and keep my calories in check is a trade off to being obese. When you are as small as I am you just don't get to have a very big calorie budget, even when maintaining.

Everything is a trade off.
  • It_never_ends
    Options
    I'm just going to stay away from milk period. If I eat fats it will be peanut butter, avocado and almonds.
  • It_never_ends
    Options
    I love raw organic dairy products, but if that is all I ate it's too many calories. So I balance it out on occasion with a limited amount of fat free yogurt and cheese only. When I was 100% organic fanatic I was obese. It is equally unhealthy for me to be obese and I had worse heath problems even though I ate all organic. I soaked all my own grains, made my own cheese and whey, milled my own grains, used only raw dairy, fermented my own kombucha and sauerkraut, and the list goes on. But I was obese. Too many calories is too many calories no matter how "clean". All "clean" won't help you lose weight, although I agree the food is better and mostly more fattening.

So I figure a few "bad" items to keep me sane and keep my calories in check is a trade off to being obese. When you are as small as I am you just don't get to have a very big calorie budget, even when maintaining.

Everything is a trade off.

How would you be obese? Just don't eat as much? People eat sugar free/fat free so they can have more for less. I understand that but you don't need more.
  • krisa1956
    krisa1956 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy, guys. BUY FAT FREE ORGANIC MILK!

Totally worth the extra dollar or so.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Urgh, I hate the taste of whole milk.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I don't like skim milk, so I tend to stick to 1% or 2%. I generally buy low or fat free cheese and yogurt, but that's mostly because the protein count is much higher in those. I certainly don't cut out full fat dairy though.

^^ I'm allergic to the whey protein in milk so the only milk I can have on a consistent basis is Greek yogurt, which only comes in fat free or lowfat. That being said, I clicked on the link to find a local farm for NJ and I came across this website that rather than telling us about their product, proceeded to bash the dairy industry with misspelled words, bad grammar and punctuation (almost like reading a Chinese menu lol). I have a hard time trusting that site. I do use grass-fed beef, but grass-fed butter and milk isn't not available within 20 minutes from me so I make do. I will def keep an eye out for more information about this though as my dad drinks at least a gallon of skim milk a week.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste or texture of whole milk. I feel like I'm trying to swallow a huge snot ball when I drink it. So, fat free (skim) it is!

I buy everything else full fat/regular though. Just don't make me drink the milk! Ahhh!

^^^^This is me. I have been drinking skim milk for eons. Don't have any problem with it. Do eat full fat in other dairy products.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This post is genius. It brought out the dairy haters, fat haters, saturated fat haters, low-fat diet haters, pasteurization haters, people who are totally delusional about hormones and antibiotics, and even some taubes disciples and got them all to turn on one another. I couldn't have done it better myself.

My hat's off to the trolling!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Switching to fat free dairy is an easy way for people struggling with weight to cut out calories. For those of us that don't, it's healthy fat.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I drink fat free milk because I like the taste. To me, whole milk tastes like I'm drinking a melted stick of unsalted butter.

The whole article posted by the OP is nothing by alarmist propaganda. The part about skim milk being produced in industrial feed / milking farms and pens is true. It's also true for basically ALL DAIRY, including their precious whole milk and butter. Don't want to antibiotics, buy organic from local or regional producers.....or buy a damn cow and feed and milk the thing yourself.