Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Today exercise was a struggle for me. My son(8 months old) decided to scream 15 minutes into it, and thought it would be fun to play on the Wii board and pull up on my legs while I was doing squat holds:grumble: Very distracting to say the least, but I completed my 24th workout on EA personal trainer. I feel the need to do some more workouts today because I did not workout yesterday. I would have loved to be at my goal weight be valentines day but it is just not realistic. I have to lose 6 more pounds, but the scale is not moving. I have heard other people on this site say the last 10 pounds are a pain and I am finding that too true, but all I can do is work at it! :happy:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do the rhythm boxing on the wii fit? It only says I usually burn 43 calories in a 10 min thing but at the end it says nice job bc i punch on rhytm and everything I don't know if its because I am smaller that why I am not burning as much I usually do it for 30 minues and burn about 115 or so cals. I do advanced as well. Am I missing something.
  • Darkraven
    Options
    I'm mid the EA Active 30 day challenge. I've recruited two other friends who have started too. I find I'm much more sore after that then the standard wii fit yoga etc workouts (I don't have the plus mine is a couple years old). I'm only doing the easy level so that tells ya how outta shape I am! When I do the cardio boxing my right punches never register right and when running it says I'm so and I know I'm booking so it's frustrating. I know it's prolly my controller but I've cycled through all 4 and they all do it *growl*

Keep up the hard work everyone! Well done!
  • Darkraven
    Options
    Does anyone do the rhythm boxing on the wii fit? It only says I usually burn 43 calories in a 10 min thing but at the end it says nice job bc i punch on rhytm and everything I don't know if its because I am smaller that why I am not burning as much I usually do it for 30 minues and burn about 115 or so cals. I do advanced as well. Am I missing something.
    I don't always go by their assessment of calories burned. I know how hard I moved my body so when I enter my exercise on here I pick the level of aerobics and it calculates more correctly, I think, how many I burned.
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started using EA Active on the Wii on Monday and hope to use it 5 times a week.

I have quite a bit of weight to lose so hopefully this will help.

Love the boxing on it, although it doesn't offer it me everyday which is a shame.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have had a similar problem with my punches not registering it seems on the boxing. Not sure if I'm too close to the TV or my censor bar or maybe the batteries are running low. I have no idea but I had the same problem this morning.
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I got the Wii fit for Christmas. My goal is to do 30 min a day 5 days a week. I alternate days with strength training and aerobics. I have struggled getting in 5 days a week, but i enjoy doing the treadmill and yoga (not on the wii). I did 30 mins of Aerobics yesterday I love the Super Hula Hoop!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cometnurse
    Options
    I just have to share this information! I was surfing through Amazon, and I saw that they have an Wii Step Platform. I'm overseas and the NEX does not carry it, but I haven't heard anyone mention having it. I thought this to be so cool, because it will increase your wii step workout. It's only $17 online at Amazon. Does anyone have this? If so, what is your opinion of it?

I think I am going to have to put me on a Wii budget, :laugh: but I just love my Wii!

I dont have it, but a friend of mine does and loves it!!
  • tigermom79
    Options

Many of us have noticed that the calorie count on any of the games and such are not accurate on the wii. I use an HRM to help monitor more accurately.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I want to join!! I got the Wii fit for Christmas. My goal is to do 30 min a day 5 days a week. I alternate days with strength training and aerobics. I have struggled getting in 5 days a week, but i enjoy doing the treadmill and yoga (not on the wii). I did 30 mins of Aerobics yesterday I love the Super Hula Hoop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!!!! Yes, the Super Hula, the Run, the Boxing and the Kung Fu are my favorites!!! The Kung Fu is on the wii fit plus though!!!

Keep us p9osted on your progress.
    Ann
  • Sonyalew
    Sonyalew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh....I hope it's not too late to join! I am currently using Wii Active (part 2). I have a 4 day workout plan, although I hope to work myself up to 5-6 workouts per week. I'm doing the 6 week challenge and today I'm changing my intensity level from low to medium. I hope I don't regret it!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Hi Sonya!
    I'm in my second 6 week challenge on EA Active More Workouts and I've had it set to medium intensity since the last 2 weeks of the first challenge. It just adds a few more sets in, and ups the intensity on things like follow the leader and the obstacle courses. I don't think you'll regret it.
    I usually add in 10 minutes of step on my workout days for more cardio. Also I've created a "fun" 20 minute workout for my rest days, mostly consisting of paddle surfing, water skiing, squash and cardio boxing.
    It's so much fun! I'm almost 8 weeks into using it regularly and I can't even see boredom on the horizon.
  • cometnurse
    Options

Welcome!!!! Yes, the Super Hula, the Run, the Boxing and the Kung Fu are my favorites!!! The Kung Fu is on the wii fit plus though!!!

Keep us p9osted on your progress.
    Ann

I have the wii fit plus! That boxing throws me for a loop!! LOL i need to work on my hand eye coordination!!
  • AliStar
    AliStar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I play around with WiiFit, WiiSports, WiiSports Resort, and EA Active. Is the WiiFit's new features worth a buy???

Also, I played ping pong, then tennis until my shoulders ache!
  • Sonyalew
    Sonyalew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2, and while the low intensity was okay I feel that I can try to push myself a little harder. I did that with The Biggest Loser and I did regret it! How are you liking the new Active Fit compared to the first one? I know that I'm loving it!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I'm mid the EA Active 30 day challenge. I've recruited two other friends who have started too. I find I'm much more sore after that then the standard wii fit yoga etc workouts (I don't have the plus mine is a couple years old). I'm only doing the easy level so that tells ya how outta shape I am! When I do the cardio boxing my right punches never register right and when running it says I'm so and I know I'm booking so it's frustrating. I know it's prolly my controller but I've cycled through all 4 and they all do it *growl*

Keep up the hard work everyone! Well done!

I have that problem sometimes with the controllers, nothing like being told you're not squatting when you are or that you are walking and you aren't. LOL. Usually if I change the batteries it helps. The soreness kind of sucks, but I love it because it means it is more than a game and we are getting a real work out. I was doing day 21 or 22 this morning and every single one of my kids decided to bug me or not get ready for school. Boy was I glad to see the older ones out the door, and I made the two little sick ones go play somewhere else. I've actually got to go buy a new band, mine is actually ripping. I'm not sure why, it must be because I'm working so hard. lol
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Great to see the team growing. Yesterday was my rest day , Tonight I think I will be boxing alot , need to blow off some steam.

Keep at it everyone!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Evening,

Eveyone seems to be kicking butt with their goals so far. I actually haven't had time to do any Wii-ing so far this week and I don't think I'll be able to for the rest of the week either :grumble:

So, for next week I will aim to Wii 5 times a week (low intensity until I see how my knee is) to make up for not being able to do anything for this week.

Good job eveyone and keep at it!! Oh and hi to all the new folks too :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Ann- Thanks for the support on my yoga class. Congratulations on setting a new personal best on the Advanced Boxing!

Welcome to Emily, WhyFlysouth, MiaBrown, Ukheather, Cometnurse, Sonya and Ali! Glad you found us and hope you stay with us.

Whyfly- What is the walking out game? It sounds like something I’d like.

Jess – I like starting my day with boxing too.

I did 40 minutes today total: 10 boxing in the morning before work, 20 free step and the Island lap. I'm also shovelling snow again. We have about another 6 inches and I will be working on the driveways for the next few days.

I've had the Wii Fit for about a year now. When I first got it I went to the Nintento website and looked up the calories listed on their website for the different games and activities. I've got them added to my personal exercises and that's what I use for tracking. I'm sure they aren't exactly right, but I have been focusing on 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 days a week instead of focusing on calorie burn.

Have a good evening all and it is really nice to see so many new names and so many return faces from the last few months.

JAM
  • scagle4008
    Options
    Welcome