Thigh Gap Exercises

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps are much a function of bone structure, like height or facial features. There's nothing wrong with having one naturally, but in many cases it can be an unrealistic goal if you have narrow-set hips.

I do *not* have a thigh gap, I never will, and my legs rubbing together doesn't destroy my jeans.

i have always had narrow hips...it actually looks like i have no hips...even when i was uber heavy my jeans never wore out...i still don't wear out my jeans in the thigh area..
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

Putdownthefork raises.

giggle :laugh:
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Wow! Never seen such nasty comments on mfp before! Just keep up with your thigh exercises, do your weights & cardio, eating healthy & drinking plenty of water. :-)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You want a thigh gap? Stand with your feet apart.. that will give anyone a thigh gap!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

[/quote]

<bangs head on desk repeatedly>
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think it's genetic. I'm size 0 - 17% body fat, work on hips, thighs, and glutes all the time to help my running, and I have no thigh gap at all, I think it's how I stand :)

I do Brazil Butt Lift for this area of my body. I've been really pleased with the program.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "most of the women who dream of a thigh gap seem to have a lower intelligence level. "

WINNING! Let's be friends!
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i love how voicing your opinion makes you nasty on here .. if you didnt want advice and different opinions dont ask questions
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Sorry to go slightly off topic, but when and how did this "thigh gap" obsession begin? I can honestly say I have never heard of it until seeing this post.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Wow! Never seen such nasty comments on mfp before! Just keep up with your thigh exercises, do your weights & cardio, eating healthy & drinking plenty of water. :-)

Which will not give you a thigh gap.

Seriously, it's pretty much based on how wide your hips are. I'm small framed and I have never had, nor will ever have, nor do I want to have the "thigh gap". My thighs are muscular and very sexy and I absolutely love them.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Your body has a natural shape to it that may or may not have a thigh gap. Any kind of diet and exercise will only serve to bring out this natural shape. If it doesn't include a thigh gap, you'll simply never get one. Sorry.
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    It's just a phase with the youngsters like those horrid ear stretchers its 'fashionable' to have a thigh gap

As one of the horrid ear stretchers (and admittedly, probably too old for that BS), I dislike the thigh gap and think it looks gross and really, unwelcoming to the opposite gender, lol. It doesn't speak of softness and comfort to me.

However, to the OP, I agree with the advice of inner thigh stretches, leg lifts and any of those positions/exercises that you can feel the burn in that generalized location. I do a lot of stretches before my workout because I know that if I'm stretching and feeling that spot burn, it's doing SOMETHING right.

I hope you get what it is you're looking for. To each their own, I suppose.
  • sundaymiller86
    sundaymiller86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    youtube search "pop pilates inner thigh sanity"
    Ive been doing it for the past month and Im seeing results really fast

FOR LATERRRRRRRRRR.

• Julzmusic
    Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Putdownthefork raises.

HA! :) Nice

I actually... Posted a thread about having *thunder things* earlier in the week... I had been doing horse riding for a few years and then I stopped and all the muscle kind of turned into bulge and now i'm working really hard to get some tone back in my legs.... Even when I rode all the time and did a lot of exercises I never had a *thigh gap* or what young people are referring to as a *box gap* as charming as that is :ohwell:

i would love to have *leaner/toned* legs.... My legs are actually more bulky than lean muscle unfortunately :( You can definitely see the muscle definition but.... My legs are not small at all.....
  • Julzmusic
    Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Putdownthefork raises.

HA! :) Nice

I actually... Posted a thread about having *thunder things* earlier in the week... I had been doing horse riding for a few years and then I stopped and all the muscle kind of turned into bulge and now i'm working really hard to get some tone back in my legs.... Even when I rode all the time and did a lot of exercises I never had a *thigh gap* or what young people are referring to as a *box gap* as charming as that is :ohwell:

i would love to have *leaner/toned* legs.... My legs are actually more bulky than lean muscle unfortunately :( You can definitely see the muscle definition but.... My legs are not small at all.....

*thunder thighs*
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    i dont get it...thigh gap? so basically u want to look like a 12 year old girl rather thaan a healthy curvy woman?

Now, this is just rude. So now women who have thigh gaps look like 12 year old girls and unhealthy?

Agreed.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    "most of the women who dream of a thigh gap seem to have a lower intelligence level. "

WINNING! Let's be friends!

Really? I don't dream of one but have one, that makes me less intelligent than you? lolllzzzz
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol.... this is such a strange concept!!

I have a thigh gap.... more like a leg gap because I have thin legs and wide hips. It's not something to be all excited about. I'd rather have narrow hips then a thigh gap. Mainly because it's such a pain usually getting clothes to fit right and things riding up. (Not usually a problem now since losing weight but still annoying!!)

Anyways... yeah... good luck with rewriting your genetics!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You know guys...there's no reason to belittle someone.
    This is a very popular craze right now and there's loads of misinformation on the internet convincing people that this will be possible for them, and for some people it just isn't.
    Saying that people who want one are less intelligent or look like little girls doesn't help anyone. There's NO NEED to be mean.

For the OP, you really are stunning as you are. :)
    I'd try to workouts that are out there and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
    You'll never know if you don't try, and even if it doesn't happen...the calories burned are still positive. :)
  • LiveLoveLaughGiggle
    Options
    i think you have to have the bone structure for this. i have never had a thigh gap. ever. not even when i was super skinny.