Options

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    go for it! I have 3 and I plan on more
  • Thundermtn
    Options
    I am older now.. But I can remember when NOT having a tattoo was the norm.. .Times have changed. Now it seems you are a feak if you dont have ink on your skin. Now it seems like the trendy thing to do.
  • holly2234
    Options
    I have some, but im not a fan. I've had them many years and they were all done under age at crappy shops. Definitely not worth it.

If youre going to do it, make sure its done in a reputable place. The cheaper it is, the faster you need to run in the opposite direction.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I love them on guys and have 2 myself, but they're not obvious to everyone on a daily basis - I'm not keen on women having them on their arms or shoulders but that's just personal choice. One is on my stomach and symbolises my Irish heritage and other is 3 stars on my lower back. I'd love to get my kids names in Arabic or something on the inside of my wrist but will probably just stick at 2!
  • AphroditicLens
    Options
    If you ask a huge group of people, you're going to get mixed results, some even vehement in their opinions. But that's just what they are - opinions.

Do what you want, lady. Just make sure you do something that means something to you or else you'll hate it in 10 years. I have one idea I've been sitting on for five years now and I'm almost ready to get it... That, and I finally got the job that will allow me to afford it.
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, I don't have any but plan on getting one or two small ones. Just make sure that you get it done by a great artist, or else it may end up looking terrible.
  • JPO1980
    JPO1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am older now.. But I can remember when NOT having a tattoo was the norm.. .Times have changed. Now it seems you are a feak if you dont have ink on your skin. Now it seems like the trendy thing to do.

This is why I don't have one! Doesn't mean i'll never get one, but I like to be different, I don't even have an i-phone lol!
  • JPO1980
    JPO1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

This is why I don't have one! Doesn't mean i'll never get one, but I like to be different, I don't even have an i-phone lol!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Yes. but beware, they can be addicting. And - make sure you get something that is very special to you. Not some random design picked off the wall of tats.

I love all my tats and each one has a very sentimental meaning!!
  • Summerful
    Summerful Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions! I am still not sure if I will get it done. It is small, hidden, and meaningful to me but I still hesitate because of how it could look years from now. I am considering (if it looks very bad in years to come) of getting it covered up I guess. I am going to sit on these ideas for a few days haha. I wouldn't get it until december anyways.

Thanks again!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Hell yes!! I love mine :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Gettin mine extended Wednesday! Can't wait!!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are great…IF they mean something to you. If something means enough to you that you want it permanently etched on your body, no one else’s opinion of the tattoo should matter.

Do not get a tattoo as a fashion statement. Fashion changes, the things that matter to you shouldn’t.

I’m getting my first tattoo on Saturday. I’m 35 and I’ve wanted this particular tattoo since I was in my early 20’s. It is of something deeply personal to me (a ferret curled around an Egyptian ankh) and I’m getting it in a place where it can easily be covered up for work or anywhere else that I don’t feel like explaining it to people I don’t know very well.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you get it done by a great artist, or else it may end up looking terrible.

This.

I researched artists in my area for over a year before deciding where to go. Cleanliness of the facility was also a big issue for me. The place I am going to is absolutely pristine. It's cleaner than my house lol. The artist is custom designing my tattoo and since an animal is incorporated into the design, I found an artist who specialized in that. I've met with her 3 times over 3 months to get the design on paper and getting it put on me on Saturday. Yay!
  • tatgirl67
    Options
    I have both of my arms sleeved a big one on each of my thighs, back of my neck, both ankles and one on my lower back. I love tattoos because I like the art and the bright colors. Feminine things like flowers and butterflies. My one tip would be dont ever let any one tell you that tattoos dont hurt because they do. And alos be sure you get exactly what you want:)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Tattoos are for lower class individuals. I'm not just talking about those born to underprivileged families, but specifically about people who are just "trashy" deep down inside. They are ugly and will merely serve to let the rest of the world know what kind of scumbag you really are. Oh yeah, you will also likely go to Hell.

Awwwww, you hurt my feewings! :tongue:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Love a woman with tattoos, just make sure you design your own and get something meaningful.

How YOU doin'?

LOL
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask if you should get one, chances are you shouldn't. Tattoos are a personal choice.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are great. Just make sure it's something you will not regret. I have 8 so far and I am working on an arm sleeve.
  • QueenCrisis
    Options
    Meaningful tattoo's are the best. <3