Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I think they're sexy!!
  • Keyblr
    Keyblr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know this is sexist, but i think Tattoos on women are tacky. One tattoo on a man is okay. I know they are very popular for women, and I'll catch a lot of grief for my thoughts, but it's just my opinion.
  • LizziDouglas
    Options
    I say go for it, I had my 1st tattoo at the age of 23, I now have 10.... I had the last one for my 44th birthday in April. All my tattoo's symbol a change in my life, I have designed most off my own... If money allowed I would have more. All off mine can be hidden under clothing, so nobody has to know that I have them. Only do it if you want them and never get tattooed because someone asks you too.
  • canonge2
    canonge2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My opinion - Tattoos are ugly and look low class.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have none, which considering my past is a little weird. For some reason I like it that way. But it's a personal decision, most of my friends have quite a few.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    YESYESYESYES I LOVE TATOOS

but the thing is it doesnt matter what others think; if u need peoples approval then maybe should wait until your approval is all you need :) i have one on my hip and im getting another soon on my back shoulder, i think theyre beautiful and unique and truly add to a person if its something significant to you :)
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think they can be tasteful....I have always wanted one but been too afraid to do it!
  • jbdaddy1920
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a tattoo and wanted to know your general honest thoughts about them. Mine I would want small and nothing that stands out too much (was thinking of an outline of a heart with possibly and awareness ribbon small with it).

General thoughts about tattoos in general? Tips also welcome :)

I say who gives a you know what, what every one else thinks. Do what makes you happy! If you want a tattoo, go get one. Just saying :)
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love them.. have 8 and want more
  • TK1983
    TK1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, but think about it before you do it. Don't just walk in somewhere and point to something on the wall and get it!

I have 10 myself and every single one has a memory attached to it. Don't worry about the naysayers... yes my body is a temple and I like to decorate it! What's it going to look like when I'm old? Well, I really don't think it's going to matter at that point and I'll have some awesome stories to tell the grandkids. :))
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My opinion - Tattoos are ugly and look low class.

Copy cat.
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes. but beware, they can be addicting. And - make sure you get something that is very special to you. Not some random design picked off the wall of tats.

I love all my tats and each one has a very sentimental meaning!!

I agree they are addicting lol i have 8 and want more but they are all able to be covered with clothes and they all have meaning :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think it's a yes or no question. It all has to do with what YOU want :) If you want one then absolutely go for it! It should have nothing to do with what other people think. Your idea sounds cute. Be careful though....they are addictive! I have 8 currently and already have a few more planned out that I definitely want to get!
  • Devild0ll
    Options
    Yes but not on hands, face or neck. Go to a reputable shop. The feet hurt, anywhere over bone is painful. I love my foot tattoo though, it was with it.

^^This^^

Do your homework, seek other people's opinions, and wait a few days before you make a final decision. Also make sure you know what kind of after-care is required so that your skin can heal.

hehehe, I waited 20 years to get mine. I've had it about 5 now, and I still love it. It's very meaningful to me, and in a spot that can be either covered or exposed, depending on what I want and the venue.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I personally hate tattoos, I think they look awful. However, it's your body and your decision. There are 3 rules I think you should follow, though, if you decide to get one:

1) don't get a tattoo anywhere on your body that cannot be easily covered up. Like the wrist, face, neck, or upper chest area. Imagine going for a job interview wearing a blouse and skirt; don't get a tattoo anywhere that the interviewer would be able to see. Get one on your shoulder for example, then on days when you feel like showing it off, wear a tank top.

2) don't steal anyone else's design. Either design your own tattoo, have someone else design one for you, or pick one of the designs on display at the tattoo parlor that the tattooist has designed him/herself. Please don't google 'tattoos' and directly copy one that you find online. That's someone else's artwork, and they wouldn't want you to copy it, just like you wouldn't want someone to copy a painting that you'd made. By all means research other people's tattoos to get a general idea of what you want, and maybe incorporate small elements of other tattoos that you've found into your own design, but don't steal one. Make it your own, make it special. Give it some time and thought.

3) do not get anyone's name tattooed onto your body, ESPECIALLY a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife. I shouldn't need to explain why. Laser tattoo removal surgery is expensive.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Don't understand why so many people have a 'me too' attitude toward tattoos.
    Yeah, at 65, I'm very much old school and think ANY ink is in poor taste.
    Also, our local news covered a tattoo removal clinic this weekend. They are continuously busy.
    To me, that indicates lots of people made mistakes when they were marked.
    So .... I vote no.
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    I like tattoos, but I dont have any right know.....I have a friend and he has like a few tattoos and I like a lot,makes him very damn good!!:tongue::smooched:
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have two myself so I say go for it! Just do a lot of thinking to make sure its something you'll never think twice about and a place you'll never regret. Both of my tattoos mean a lot to me but are easily covered up if I want/need and things I will never regret.
  • KayeG79
    Options
    I have 2! Would be more if I could afford more. lol! I've tried several times over the summer to get my 3rd actually and the parlor we go to, well, let's just say the guy p*ssed me off and I won't be going there so I've been looking for another parlor. Be careful, they are addicting! lol!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love tats! They are a great way to express yourself. Just be sure that it's something that you really want.