My dog ate ...

Options

Replies

• gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My former dog ate the lino in the bathroom. Yup. LINO. Let's just say his BM's for the next couple days I'm sure were rather uncomfortable.

My current dog is fussy and likes good food. Once he devoured a sub on me. Usually I find his "eating" somewhat helpful ... uses up lots of my egg yolks as I usually have one or two yolks and a couple whites for breaky.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My dog's pretty good, but once we came home to find him having ripped up newspapers, CD cases and magazines up all over the front room. He had to get out the kitchen and open the front room door himself to do that. Funnily enough, that's the only time he's torn up anything.

He once managed to jump up on the table and eat half a bag of big cookies, then we came home and he was mega hyperactive! He also stole an Easter egg once, but then he just got aggressive when I told him off!

The worst time was when he caught a bee. It died, but stung him in the mouth and stayed stuck in there. He stumbled in from the back garden, fell to the floor fitting, was foaming at the mouth... omg it was THE worst moment of my life! The bee fell out of his mouth on the way to the vets, so thankfully we knew what had happened. Turns out he went in to anaphalactic shock and could've died. I'm super wary of bees and wasps around him now and keep a bleach spray handy to kill 'em if I can't get them out my flat without harming them first!
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    my cat steals broccoli and eats it, along with chick peas. it's the weirdest thing ever
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I have a Miniature Schnauzer, Matilda eats really strange things given the chance, a full 50g pouch of hand rolling tobacco, tomato soup, my 2 son's socks are her favorite. She actually tries to take them off their feet!

She loves cheese and popcorn but strangely if she gets leftover Sunday dinner she sucks the peas and carrots and spits them on the floor.

Worst of all she is always trying to eat cat poo! Huh huh huh Bleh gip!

Guess cat poo tastes better than carrots!
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    My puppy eats everything. Nothing is weird to me anymore. He loves sticks, pencils, and cotton balls. He chews rocks, wood, my metal bed frame, plastic, computer wires...EVERYTHING!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My beagle(I have a sneaking suspicion a LOT of the dogs spoken of here are beagles) has eaten the following-and by eaten, I don't mean simply torn into-I mean ingested:
    giant chocolate easter bunny
    ant traps-you know the hard plastic ones with poison inside? Yep-that was a fun call to the emergency vet(for future reference, to induce vomiting, pour hydrogen peroxide down their throat)
    an entire bag of chocolate chips
    dental floss
    granola bars-wrappers included
    a whole loaf of bread all in one sitting-her whole body LOOKED like a loaf of bread

ETA-my lab/chow mix loves paper. His favorite-fortunes from fortune cookies. We left one on the coffee table one night and he did a drive by and gobbled it up.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    6 dozen warm, fresh, homemade buns.... from the neighbors!
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is a very entertaining thread....:laugh:

I had an Alaskan Husky that ate an entire mouse...mouse was running in a field and my dog just scooped him and two bites later it was gone. He just ate the heads off of stuffed animals, but kept the backside so that he could hump it all day...LOL
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Well I have a terrier that eats pretty much anything that isn't nailed down. Everything from a port wine cheeseball (right off the backyard table, d#mmit!) to those little "kitty rocas" in the cat's litterbox (I think he thinks they're candy). At one point we thought he was dying when we moved to a new place, and he walked in from the backyard and started vomiting bright red all over the rugs. We found out it wasn't blood though - he'd been eating the wild strawberries out of the back yard, and just kept going until he threw up. Had to pull them all up - twice - because he did it all over again next spring, when the plants grew back.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Stole my cell and put it full of teeth marks, but didn't ruin it. The cover of a book I was reading-left it on my chair for less than a minute and she stole it. My cat likes to lick ranch dressing-but not other peopel food.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was "doggy sitting" a german shepard/malamute that ate my purse... twice. AND a plastic jar of vasoline.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    My old roomate's dog was obsessed with my bathroom rug which is red shag. I would always find little red strings hanging out her butt.

And I used to have a terrier that would catch live birds out of the air (they would fly low across the grass of our yard) and then she would eat the entire bird- bones, feathers, beak, the whole thing. No problem.

And then there was that dog I had as a kid that used to eat rocks.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My dog is obsessed with underwear,,,seriously! Drives me crazy. He ate two pairs today before I got them in the washer. :mad:
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My dog will chew any kind of paper (24 roll of toilet paper got turned into confetti), or wood (colored pencils, my kids wooden toys - once, the corner of my wooden coffee table) but doesn't eat anything out of the ordinary, fortunately. Playdoh, once... which made the landmines easier to spot.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    What is the oddest thing you dog has eaten?

A squirrel. The damn thing thought it was invincible and spent the day leaning off the rooftop, chirping at my dog, and running up real close to it only to dart away when she came charging over.

It lost its grip on the ledge once and dropped like a rock. My dog caught and shook and it was dead before it hit the ground.

Dog: 1, Squirrel 0.

Sorry, squirrel.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Our Golden Retriever used to eat the bait (squid) off of the hooks when we went fishing...he was pretty good at it, too...only hooked himself once that I can remember :)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    a baby bunny... :(
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    We had a kitten once who would try to eat anything you were eating. I finally got annoyed with it and left a plate of super hot sauce on the table. Cat went over....and licked it all up!!!

His sister however took one lick and ran off. She never went for our food again, lol.
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    <<<the two sticks of butter (with wax paper) were fun for a few days, and the sanitary pads are always a joy... loaves of bread, the list can go on and on.
    My very first dog ate my wedding shoes - fortunately after the wedding.
  • spinachsmoothies
    Options
    I found a really cute beaded purse at a thrift shop. It would have been great for the beach. Unfortunately, it never made it there - I came home to find turqoise beads EVERYWHERE. I also find my shoes on the couch often - not really chewed, it's like they just grab a shoe and sit on the couch and cuddle with it while I'm away.

my dog cuddles with my dirty socks!