Christian Grey....

Options
123457»

Replies

• Daniellealaine
    Options
    Wow my first post and it's going to be about 50 shades?!
    I read all 3 and I definitely had to "dumb down". The first one was ok, the second one was a chore and the third one was like a cruel punishment to get through. I forced myself to finish them and then wondered why?
    Now they say there will be a movie? Smh!

First of all a movie version is just horrifying & I wish Hollywood would spare us all. Secondly, my friend told me it's rumored they want Ryan Gosling to play Christian Grey...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-EV4PriTzVvDQt3aebq6GIhD4XCMKbpSKo2uDk1IjuqZnk59P2A

Please don't let them ruin Ryan Gosling for me!!
    Love the squirrel...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  • Daniellealaine
    Options
    1AA.jpg
    1A.jpg

Love this!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. . .

If you fish around online you should have no trouble finding an EXTREMELY NSFW video trailer for the audiobook version as read by Gilbert Gottfried. So funny!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the 50 Shades books!!!!!
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    ....is a poser.

I do this stuff, and on the one hand it turns on people to this, which is fine, but then it shows them a highly distorted view of how the relationships work, and how to be safe within them. I top, and am into the edgier forms of sadism and control, so I'm not saying this from a bedroom slap-and-tickle perspective.

Wonder if Mr. Grey trained like the rest of us and either bottomed to those toys and techniques or used them on himself? I've never given anyone a shock I could not take, or a hit with something that hasn't hit me first. I somehow doubt that he ever did.....
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ....is a poser.

I do this stuff, and on the one hand it turns on people to this, which is fine, but then it shows them a highly distorted view of how the relationships work, and how to be safe within them. I top, and am into the edgier forms of sadism and control, so I'm not saying this from a bedroom slap-and-tickle perspective.

Wonder if Mr. Grey trained like the rest of us and either bottomed to those toys and techniques or used them on himself? I've never given anyone a shock I could not take, or a hit with something that hasn't hit me first. I somehow doubt that he ever did.....

Nice to see a response from someone who actually knows what they are talking about. That is one of the most poorly written books I have ever read. I hate to admit it , but I did read it. I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. Oddly enough, in the book he had subbed for his mother's friend from the age of 15, so yes, he had been on the receiving end of all of the implements he enjoyed using. It bugged me that they portrayed his kink as a symptom of a bad childhood that needed to be cured. And the cure was a vanilla relationship, because that is the only acceptable one.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    50 Shades drives me insane - it's horrendously disappointing that the one 'erotic' book to cross over into mainstream acceptance is such an appallingly written piece of nonsense. I made myself read all 3 so that when I decided to blow off about it I could.

I use the term 'erotic' very loosely by the way - I found the sex scenes repetitive and bland - how one woman can fill 3 books with so many sex acnes and never actually use the words penis, vagina, etc is beyond me. She is surprisingly coy for someone who is supposed to be sexually daring.

It gives such a distorted view of BDSM, there isn't space and time here to tell you just how wrong it is.

And I find it so sad that millions of women obviously find it arousing. Seriously, there is a wealth of amazing well-written erotica out there and that pap makes it to the best sellers list.

Pah. Of course there is a man out there who can make you cum from penetration alone first time, every time and who you can 'save' by the power of your love. Yep. Course there is.

^^^ THIS.

The author broke a cardinal rule of writing: write what you know. She obviously has never been involved in BDSM, even peripherally. And the women I know who get excited by the book also have not. 'Nuff said.

I also don't understand why anyone would pay money for fanfiction. It's free, all over the 'Net.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    The whole bad childhood thing is pretty easily debunked. For every person who has a bad childhood and likes to do BDSM, you can find someone who had a perfectly ordinary childhood and just found that this is what puts the lead in their pencil and the sauce in the dish, if you know what I mean.

I always say I beat my submissive on Fridays so that the rest of the time I can be a genuinely nice person, instead of getting the urges out by being a passive aggressive *****.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never ever read erotica before so I have no experience. But, I can say that I loved the first book....I've just started the 2nd. Maybe it's my sick mind....:devil: ...but I've sure heard that the men of the women who have read the books are :bigsmile: !!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. . .

If you fish around online you should have no trouble finding an EXTREMELY NSFW video trailer for the audiobook version as read by Gilbert Gottfried. So funny!

I've seen that. It's very funny.

I've been reading that blog someone posted earlier in the thread. It's pretty in-depth and feels like reading the book. I stopped reading the book because of horrible writing and boredom, but after reading this blog, I'm really struggling to figure out first, WHY anyone likes it at all and even more, how anyone can possibly think Christian Grey is a catch.

I've dated men like that (minus the billions and the red room of pain part) and I can tell you, from the bottom of my heart. you DO NOT want a man like Christian Grey in your life. Even Ana keeps trying to get away from him!

It's supposed to be this great romance and great love, but she keeps trying to run away and he keeps tracking her down. Does anyone really think that's romantic and desirable?

"I'm going to my mother's house to spend time with my family and get some space so I can think. Please do not follow me."

"OK. But I'm in the bar behind you now ..."