My dog ate ...

Options

Replies

• greatdanebabies
    Options
    One of my foster dog was eating all the fuzzy toys with no stuffing. Her new mom offered to send them back but I said no thank you and we had a good laugh. I told her I knew she ate 1 but had no ideal she ate several!
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    My Mastiff eats bendaroos, balloons and any dead animals he can find. My blue healer chewed our neighbors license plate while it was attached to her car.

ROTFL bennysammysof!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My dog ate a box of Valentine's chocolates when she was a puppy. They had been thrown away and she went trash diving and fished them out. Poor thing had a tummy ache probably all day but waited until I got home before she let loose in the back yard. She also ate a stink bug when she was a puppy. Apparently she was an adventurous eater when she was younger, but those two situations has her sticking to her dog food now.
  • kkemrer
    Options
    My dog will eat shoes, the arm pits out of shirts (seriously just the arm pit part) Panties, socks, wrappers. No ones clothing is safe at our house. I even caught him eating a wash rag.
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My cheagle loves crayons. Makes for colorful poop.

The dog I had growing up ate the foot board on my bed.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    my German shepherd ate an entire Costco rotisserie chicken when I left it on the counter.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The poodle we had when I was growing up used to eat chewing gum. New in the wrapper, ABC, didn't matter. I know this because I had pooper scooper duty and used to find little pink bubbles in the piles.

One of my cats loves gum. He'll break into a purse to get to it, too.

Just so you know, gum is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY toxic to animals. The Xylitol found in gum can cause permanent organ failure!!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    half a library book...paper towels and crayons. my mom had to.."help" my dog pass a sock turd. lmao. a

Been there, done that. My lab ate my matching bra and underwear. I was watching him in the backyard one day spinning in circles chasing his tail. Then I realized it wasn't his tail, it was part of the fabric. I was laughing so hard my better half had to go to assist.
    Same dog also ate part of my favorite lulu lemon running capris. My favorite (and I am very very careful with my clothes now, still don't know when he managed it)
    He also chewed my Garmin Forerunner as a puppy.

The worst was the strawberry protein powder. We always left it in the same spot and they never touched it. One night we came home and he and my oldest German Shepherd had chewed the container open. It was everywhere and they were totally covered. I never knew protein powder was sticky. (called the vet and he said no worries about too much protein unless they have kidney issues)
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My dog ate a tube of superglue when he was a pup. It was actually on a table and when I was out of the room he climbed on a chair and got it from the table. I manage to get the tube away from him but it had already burst open and he had glue in his mouth.

I had a panicky moment when his tongue and lips started bonding together, but shoved plenty of cooking oil in his mouth and kept rubbing. Then I gave him a huge bone ( special dog type) to chew on to help rub the glue off.
    It worked really well and most of the glue was gone by the end of the day except he had a crackly white moustache for about a week;
    Luckily it's not toxic!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I was babysitting my daughter's black lab last week and he opened my pantry door and ate about 3 pounds of chocolate chips out of a four pound bag that I bought at Sam's club. In the past, she has gotten on my counter and ate a quart of chicken noodle soup that I had thawing. Another time, she opened my cupboard and took a jar of peanut butter, took the cap off and ate the whole thing. Now I block off all of the cabinets, but I didn't think she would get into the pantry. Wrong. We wound up at the emergency clinic last week where they gave her an IV and charcoal. They kept her overnight. She is fine and has made a full recovery.

I also have a chocolate lab, and he does not bother my cabinets of counters. He has a fetish for socks. He has eaten a few and then throws them up. We are much better at keeping them off of the floor now.
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a kitten who'd eat anything but tomatoes and especially liked frozen fudge bars, until he got old enough to realize he was being fed regularly (he was a hurricane rescue) My current Kit Kat will dump the trash to get chicken bones and will eat any sort of meat, including eggs *if* I let him (I don't as he vomits if he eats anything but cat food) My Sweetie Cat likes Dannon yogurt, but *only* Dannon, go figure.

I lived with Hedgehogs, they ate cottage cheese, banana's, meal worms and the soft spot between the thumb and forefinger of my landlords' son -- Okay, she didn't *eat* it, she just bit him 'cause he'd been making burgers and didn't wash his hands before he picked her. I thought it was hilarious. :bigsmile:
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My sisters pit mastiff cross ate her VW golf, she locked him in the garage with it thinking he could do no harm eat toprn off the bumpers and the tires all the trim and the badges...so not th whole ar but quite a lot of it.

My beagles are just impossible everything mentioned here before but my current one is a alcoholic - beer - wine - even scotch

Chocolate
    a Thanksgiving turkey
    underwear
    shoes
    kongs
    poos
    etc etc
  • ccd27
    ccd27 Posts: 23
    Options
    Our JRT ate a pound of m & m 's when he was a puppy.
    Our Shar-Pei once ate a zucchini.
    And lastly our Cairn Terrier ate the following: a pair of my fuzzy boots, her dog bed, any type of paper she can find (including money). She's the bad one in the family.
  • potter315
    Options
    MY dog ate my son's dirty diaper right behind me while I was exercising two nights ago!!! I thought he just had one of his toys but was sadly mistaken!! This is not his first time doign this either!! It is soooo gross!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    The crotch out of all my favorite panties, jammies and shorts. Only my favorites. Only the crotch. *sigh*

My dog does this too. I've learned to keep the laundry basket in the closet with the door firmly shut...which works most of the time, except that somehow my cat has figured how to open the door...so I occasionally lose a pair of undies or two...

and Kleenex INCLUDING the cardboard box...and paper towels...including the cardboard roll inside...

and cat poop. ugh.

the first week I had my dog I came home to find that she had eaten half of my favorite flannel pj bottoms...and shredded and ate most of a cardboard shoe box that I had left on the kitchen table...(and some of the papers that were in the shoebox, which was part of a project for a class I was taking at the time...yes, the dog really DID eat my freakin' homework. unbelievable.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    8 mini corn breads.... stupid dog.
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    a dead baby cooperhead snake
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My puppy ate my chicken and broccoli yesterday when I got up to answer the door. :-(

My Siamese I had growing up would go bat**** crazy for cantaloupe, and my old black & white cat would eat ANY people food (popsicles, french fries, pb&j sandwiches, cheetos, etc.) but my mom's dog takes the cake. She ate a 9-pack of Zest soap. She ate the plastic wrapping, all nine cardboard boxes, and all 9 bars of soap. Her eyes were red and she pooped bubbles for a week, but she was perfectly fine.
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My devil dog (pug chihuahua mix) ate a pair of earbud headphones....cord and all.....she needed some "assistance" trying to get it out the other end. Super traumatic for us both :/
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My devil dog (pug chihuahua mix) ate a pair of earbud headphones....cord and all.....she needed some "assistance" trying to get it out the other end. Super traumatic for us both :/

Dont know why it posted it 2x. Sorry!