Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! I just burned 353 calories with My Wii Workout tonight! in less than an hour!

I must say the Wii said I burned almost a whole 100 calories less than my HRM...keep this in mind, not so much to add calories to your workout but so you know you're actually getting more than you calculated!
  • Meehansbride
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit Plus...I am in!

I started January 2nd and have lost 13lbs so far.
    I try to work out 1 hour a day, 5 days a week.

I have been doing
    -Free Step for 20-30 mins
    -2 sets of basic step
    -2 sets of advance step
    -basic and advance march
    -basic and advance kung-fu
    -free bicycle ride
    -the bird flying thingy
    -basic and advanced hula hoop

Sometimes I add in:
    -juggling
    -skateboarding
    -obstacle course

I feel like i have done pretty good so far but the last 2-3 days I havent seen any weight coming off. I really felt like I had a good variety of activities going. What else can I do to switch it up and get off my plateau?
  • inkedivory
    inkedivory Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got my Wii active and did my first workout yesterday...I usually start out with a bang and then fizzle out. If I have others pushing me then I will definately stick with it. I'm in!!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!!!! I am off to a meeting all day!!! YUCK!!!

Will make it to curves tonight and then hopefully get on the wii! I have another meeting tonight too, so it may be midnight, but I have it down that I WANT TO DO IT!!!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
    Ann
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!
    I noticed several of y'all have said you use heart rate monitors to calculate your calories burned. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good brand or where to get a good one? There are so many out there I don't even know where to begin. I have a watch that counts steps and calculates your calories burned based on that but I'm not always walking and feel it isn't quite and accurate count. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had my first experience with Wii's Biggest Loser last night. I both loved it and hated it. Mostly I hated it because it made me work harder than I have in a long time, and that's saying something because my workouts have been getting more and more intense over the last months. I was actually cussing Bob from about ten minutes on. :bigsmile:

Once I realized I would survive, and that the animated trainer wasn't really trying to kill me, I decided I loved it. I was only able to complete a 40 minute workout, but my clothes were absolutely soaked and my muscles burned. This morning my butt (and thighs and lower abs) is definitely kicked.

That's my experience so far. I hope to get in and explore more of the game this evening.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had my first experience with Wii's Biggest Loser last night. I both loved it and hated it. Mostly I hated it because it made me work harder than I have in a long time, and that's saying something because my workouts have been getting more and more intense over the last months. I was actually cussing Bob from about ten minutes on. :bigsmile:

Once I realized I would survive, and that the animated trainer wasn't really trying to kill me, I decided I loved it. I was only able to complete a 40 minute workout, but my clothes were absolutely soaked and my muscles burned. This morning my butt (and thighs and lower abs) is definitely kicked.

That's my experience so far. I hope to get in and explore more of the game this evening.

Wow Emily that's great! I have been thinking about buying that game in addition to the Wii Fitness and the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred!
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi guys,
    got my Wii for Christmas, was amazing throughout the 1st 2 weeks of January then got slack!
    I have Wii fit plus (amazing and fun) and i just bought my fitness coach cardio workout which is amazing and ive seen proven results from a friend of mine. Getting back in the swing today, love how wii fit tracks your weight and BMI.
    Quick question when does everyone do their body test...before/after your workout?!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I do mine before and try to do it and weigh myself around the same time everyday.
  • schnicklefritz1
    schnicklefritz1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am wondering where you guys get the calories to type into the exercise category. I was surprised when I went to type in Wii info and there was nothing there. I have a hard time believing the calories that the Wii shows, but that is what I have been using. I am almost 250 pounds and I know if I work out with the kung fu etc. that I am burning more than 200 calories in a half an hour. How do you guys do it?
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    jam - there's a game called "Walk It Out" by Konami, here's the amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Out-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002CZ7P04. It's good for light cardio - it's not as polished a game as ea sports or wii fit and it doesn't have as many activities but the main activity (walking to music) is done pretty good.

You start out in this big island and you walk around exploring it and there's music playing and if you step in time with the beat you collect "steps" that allow you to unlock (buy) new pathways or build things like streelights, trees, houses, bridges, etc throughout the island. As you buy and build stuff you start to realize you've moved quite a distance and burned a decent amount of calories. It's a game you can start playing thinking you'll only play for 15 minutes and find yourself still on it 2 hours later, I remember there were a couple things worth 800 steps that I wanted to buy so I kept going until I had the steps and then I had to walk back to where those things were.

I haven't played it since then, mainly b/c I'm afraid I'll go overtime again and I'd like to spent that time for more high intensity exercise since I've got myself agreeing to run a marathon relay (half-marathon) this summer with my brother.

The Wii fit plus bicycling is still one of my favorites in cardio, especially the advanced level it'll have my "riding" for 30 minutes looking to clear all the check points.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do the rhythm boxing on the wii fit? It only says I usually burn 43 calories in a 10 min thing but at the end it says nice job bc i punch on rhytm and everything I don't know if its because I am smaller that why I am not burning as much I usually do it for 30 minues and burn about 115 or so cals. I do advanced as well. Am I missing something.

Many of us have noticed that the calorie count on any of the games and such are not accurate on the wii. I use an HRM to help monitor more accurately.

Hello, do you usually burn more with teh Heart Monitor
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Jess: I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning, even if I am not getting on it yet. Only because I know as the day goes, my weight will change.

Schnicklefritz: most of us have commented on how inaccurate the calorie count is. I normally wear my HRM, so far the only game that is the closest to being right for me, is the EA Active more workouts. But that is still off some.

Whyflysouth: Just reading your post about the game, had me imagining how I would walk extra steps just because I wanted to buy something. I see how you can easily spend too much time playing.

As for me: I have to check and see if tonight is one of my nights for my 6wk challenge. I can't remember. If it is, I will get on only because I want to keep the commitment, but if its not, I will get some Wii time in tomorrow. Happy Wii-ing all!
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    I just did a 30 min work out on wii fit - my personal workout (18 mins) of yoga and muscle work then rhythm kung fu and boxing, and (2 whole minutes of) hula hoop and it only burned 175 calories! its kinda annoying that it doesnt seem to burn much but I also dont really feel tired, hot and sweaty yea but happy to carry on and do another 1/2 hour...
    how inacurate is the calorie count on Wii fit?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Great to see everyone doing their thing! Keep it up, it helps me get motivated.

I crashed and burned last night, after another 10 hour work day and a hour long stroll around the grocery store in heels, I was beat. Still told myself I would get on that Wii just for a little , even if I wasn't up to doing a full 45 minutes. Did not help that I discoverd the water shut off when I finally did make it home. Seems some main pipe in the neighborhood burst, and not knowing when it might come back on,I didn't dare work up a sweat.

So, despite the fact that I missed two days in a row, I did at least make some good choices at the grocery store. so that's something. I face yet another 10 hour work shift, but dang it, I refuse to let it keep me from my Wii!! I will , I WILL get on tonight, even if I have to stay up late. At least tomorrow is a Friday! And since I missed two days this week, that means I must do 5 in a row to make my goal.

Really helps having you all here burning up those calories. Rock on!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon All
    Last night I challenged myself to a second workout and completed it! My daughter kept me motivated by doing it with me. I also did 25 minutes this morning using EA with no distractions which was nice. It would be really nice to see the scale go down this week so I'm working out doubletime. I hope everyone achieves their Wii goals:flowerforyou:
  • lindsaylemon
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this. But I have been using Wii Fit for a while now.
    I'm doing it 5 times a week for 45 minutes. I'm really wanting Wii Fit Plus now though, it seems alot better.
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did my wii workout last night! I did all of the strength training moves and 10 min of boxing. I kept it at that because i had jogged on the treadmill for 30 min earlier in the day. that makes four days in a row!!
  • VampyreKei
    Options
    I just finished 30 mins between the Wii Fit Plus, and the Gold's Gym Workout. =D And I must say I feel good! =D I normally stick with the boxing because I REALLY like that, plus my knee has been acting up lately, so I can't really do much else. But I plan to try to do like 30 mins a day on the Wii Fit, if I can! And maybe an hour on the Gold's Gym.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Just popping in from work to say hello and see how everyone's day is going.

Meehansbride, Inkedivory, Gemfox, Lindsaylemon, VampyreKei (nice account name) - Welcome! Glad your joining us.

Whyflysouth – Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Jess, I weigh myself before exercising. But, I only do the body test once a week. I use to weigh everyday and it got too depressing with the ups and downs.

I'm doing good today with calories so far. It was another kicking Yoga class. This time it was 20 minutes of standing ab poses. We do a lot of the Wii poses in class. That makes me feel good about the Wii Yoga programs.

The only area I'm having real problems with is drinking enough water. I am not a cold weather water drinker and the cold winter we are having is taking it's toll on me.

Hang in there to those who have been struggling today. Don't let it drag you down.

JAM