5ft 4inchers, what is your weighloss goal?

Options

Replies

• beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Currently 217 and US size 16. My temporary goal is ~165 which, from previous experience would put me in a US size 8. I felt healthy and could do anything I really wanted physically. But, for vanity reasons, I'd like to get down to a size 6, which is probably ~150lbs. I think this varies A LOT from person to person based on skeletal structure and muscle weight. For example, at 165, I was a size 8, but when a friend of mine of a similar heigh was a size 8, she weighed ~130.
    Edit - fixed typo.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 140. I'm currently 126 and I'm aiming for 117 or lower. I have big hips and want to be able to wear a smaller size pants, so it takes losing more weight than other people to do that.
  • acmerunner
    acmerunner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i am aiming for 130 at least, 125 is perferrred. started @ 155
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet, 4 inches (or 4.5 inches, depending upon who measures). I started with MFP at 138, I am now at 130. I would like to be about 125,and then I will re-evaluate. I am one of those non-muscular, small-boned individuals whose numbers look good--but the mirror tells another story. I am pretty sure I've been replacing some of the fat with muscle--and that makes me happy!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5. Sw was 146 Cw. Is 135 Gw is 128. But I think it depends on what size u are most comfortable in. I don't want to be super skinny, but lean, toned and not much body fat...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4 when I strech. I was down to 135 a decade ago and my doctor told me I was annorexic at that weight. sounded strange when the BMI was barely in the normal range. (annorexic was not an eating disorder in my case, it turns out I was celiac)
    So it depends on your build. I think I will head for 145. Sounds like a nice number. But I will decide when I get there.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and my goal is 130.

I am currently at 140 and my previous goal was 135 until I did the BMI testing at the Lifetime Fitness (the fancy one that uses waves to measure your body composition) and found out that I need to lose 10 lbs and not 5 as I originally thought.

I got down to 120 lbs from 200 lbs 15 years ago and I looked like a skeleton.
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yay, 5'4" inchers! I am 47 and weigh about 148. I'll be thrilled to get below 140, then 135 would be great. I'm not willing to work as hard as I did in my 20's to be super thin. Looking to lose about 10% body fat, get toned muscles, and keep my blood glucose levels even. Being healthy is the most important thing to me. :)
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4 in and currently at 190. :( My goal is about 160. Once I get there, we will see how I feel and look to myself to determine what steps to take next. I will say though, i would be sooo happy to be at 160!!!
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my current weight is 186.6 pounds (starting weight 209 lbs). My goal is 120 lbs but my wellness coach urges me to wait and see as I get to the healthy range of around 107-145 lbs and determine then what would be best for me at my current age 55.

I weighed 100-103 lbs when I graduated from high school with a medium frame. I read that you shouldn't weigh more than 10 pounds over your high school weight which would be 110-113 lbs (where many people said I looked great in my early 20s). 120 lbs was what I weighed at age 32 and seemed like a safe in-between maintainable weight in the healthy weight range.

I'll re-evaluate my ultimate goal when I get down to the 140s.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    About 120-125, but I'll see when I get there :)
  • mexicat888
    Options
    I am 5'2" I am 48 at 145lbs and I felt super good at that weight I am kind of top heavy if you know what I mean.... however, I am going to try to make it to 130lbs this time... I think I would look sickly any less than that... I have really skinny legs as it is... people will wonder if I am riding in on a chickens back!!!!
    :laugh: bock bock bock booooocccck!!!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The goal I want to get to before I make an actual decision on my weight is 150, and I'm currently at 187.

I may or may not want to get to 130 or lower, but I refuse to make that decision until I get down to a weight where I know I'm at least healthy.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Currently 217 and US size 16. My temporary goal is ~165 which, from previous experience would put me in a US size 8. I felt healthy and could do anything I really wanted physically. But, for vanity reasons, I'd like to get down to a size 6, which is probably ~150lbs. I think this varies A LOT from person to person based on skeletal structure and muscle weight. For example, at 165, I was a size 8, but when a friend of mine of a similar heigh was a size 8, she weighed ~130.
    Edit - fixed typo.

Very true!! When I weighed 128 I was still a US size 12. It's amazing the differences in body shapes!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about the right weightloss goal for me. I am a petite and 143 pounds right now. I have looked through MFP for people like me and i have noticed that, the threads for short people are generally full of 5 feeters and below. So what about success stories from 5ft 4inchers and the ideal weight for us?

My wife is 5'4" and her goal is 105 scale weight. Not sure how healthy that is though. She's already at 112.
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Under tools there is a BMI calculator. You enter your current weight and height and it will tell you a the healthy range for your height and were you fall (based on current weight). I entered your height and weight and it gave me a range of 107.8-145 lbs as an healthy weight. Hope this helps.
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and I started at 140 in April and now I'm at 127. I would like to be between 120-125 which is the weight I was before having kids. I have a small top and a curvy bottom. Actually this is the first time I've seen below 130 in 10 years. I feel the best I've ever felt.
  • jaisaansmommy
    Options
    My goal is 160.
  • teenXidle
    teenXidle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'4 and 132 lbs at the moment! last june i was around 150 lbs and started to get serious about weight loss :)
    I'm determined to get down to 125 by november.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2" and started here at 168 lbs. I've since met my goal...my current maintenance weight is 130 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!