Gun owners?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    It is really disconcerting to log onto a health and fitness site and see a thread about guns. With pictures of guns.

I know it's not the first thread on this subject, and it won't be the last, but urgh :frown:
    Don't look.

smithbuck.jpg
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My hubby wants to get me a gun for Christmas and I'm not sure what I want. He's away this week on a hunting trip in the arctic circle and left me his .357 just in case! I have my gun permit and am a fabulous shot according to dh and my dad. :smile:

Just wondering what is a good gun for personal defense. I want something lightweight and not a lot of kick to it. My dad suggested a .22 revolver.

Just looking for suggestions! Thank you!

I have a .380 and I love it ... light weight easy to shoot and load ... not too much kick and bonus it looks like a little mini James Bond gun :happy: :laugh:
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It is really disconcerting to log onto a health and fitness site and see a thread about guns. With pictures of guns.

I know it's not the first thread on this subject, and it won't be the last, but urgh :frown:

Why? Defending one self is paramount in staying fit!! Seeing a pic of a gun is not dangerous, nor offensive?
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

This IS a fitness site, but this is an "Open" forum. Besides, what's wrong with guns? In the hands of responsible people they are a great thing.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

If it's disconcerting or otherwise of no interest to you, why would you even look at the thread?
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Are there any other dislikes you have that the rest of the world should know about so we don't force your to enter into a thread against your will? :noway:
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Is there anything sexier than all these beautiful ladies talking about guns??? :bigsmile:

^^^THIS^^^^
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

This is the chit chat forum. If you don't like it then don't read it. Geeeesh!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I'm offended by your offense.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

If it's disconcerting or otherwise of no interest to you, why would you even look at the thread?

It was that sneaky title that threw her off. She had no way of knowing this thread would be about guns.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I love my boyfriend's S&W m&p .40 but a .22 is cheap to shoot. If you would like a good gun to kill than a 9mm. A .22 will not do much as far as protecting yourself
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

I'm offended by your offense.

You never fail to crack me up!:laugh:
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a Glock 9 mm subcompact or compact model. I carry a Glock 21 for work. Good luck!
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So... you're basically all Americans right?
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

It was that sneaky title that threw her off. She had no way of knowing this thread would be about guns.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Damn, vague thread titles, always drawing in the innocents.
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My hubby wants to get me a gun for Christmas and I'm not sure what I want. He's away this week on a hunting trip in the arctic circle and left me his .357 just in case! I have my gun permit and am a fabulous shot according to dh and my dad. :smile:

Just wondering what is a good gun for personal defense. I want something lightweight and not a lot of kick to it. My dad suggested a .22 revolver.

Just looking for suggestions! Thank you!

.22 Revolvers are NICE! That's what I have. LOVE IT!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

I disagree on this I do not like any rifle for home defense. I want the round to stop in the bad guy not the neighbors house. I realize that they make home defense rounds. but it is hard to beat a 12ga for a HD weapon.

I tend to agree with this ( shot gun vs rifle for in home defense). Ive been contemplating the Taurus Judge. 45/410 for this reason.

edit: this thread spurred me to do some more research and Ive decided against this gun

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41_3.htm
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Clearly.... :huh:
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    I'm kind of partial to Glock, but that's what I learned to shoot with so that's probably why. My husband is a police officer, and pretty much every officer in his department has a Glock 40 (among others). It has a pretty good kick to it though.

I'd definitely suggest trying out as many as possible to see what is right for you and what you like.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    So... you're basically all Americans right?

I'm a red-blooded, red-stater and wouldn't have it any other way!
This discussion has been closed.