Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 1st Weigh in Jan.

Options

Replies

• fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would love to join your group! I have had quite a stuggle with my weight for a very long time. I haven't weighed myself all week - when i did this past weekend I was at 335. Last year I started at 360. I have my ticker set to get below 300 lbs - I can't wait for that day!! I fell off the wagon for a little while with the holidays but I am back on! I have put in 3 days at the gym so far this week, plan on doing 4-5 next week. I have no problem drinking water on days that I work, it's my days off that I forget :ohwell: I will weigh tomorrow morning and post it - I'm hoping for at least a 2 lb loss.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 this week -- pretty happy about that! From 220.4 to 217.4. I'm about 5-10 pounds away from weighing less than I've ever weighed as an adult (probably the lightest I've been in about 10 years & I'm only 25). :smile:

ltlmom 235.2 (2.6)
    katie 224.6 (3.6)
    jlb123 217.4 (3.0)
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    Didn't have the greatest week my baby is sick an not eating which has stressed me out a little I only lost .5 pounds this week 243 to 242.5 really hoping to be in the 230's next week!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so great. I recently said buh-bye to AF and I'm still experiencing a slight weight increase from the 5k I ran last weekend, so I don't think I'll post my weight today. Maybe tomorrow, but definitely next Friday. Whenever I'm below the 218 I was last Saturday
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.2 this week, that puts be at 239.4 I am sooooo close to that 20 lb lost mark! I know I will reach it this next week. I had an emotionally crummie week, I was definitely reminded that this road can be a struggle, but today is a new day and I am moving on!

Great job everyone, enjoy your weekend!
    -Nicole
  • marlemcdougal
    marlemcdougal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

As expected from being sick the whole week before, I gained most back (fluid, etc). I am 301 now. I did stay within my calorie counts for the week, so overall I am happy. Still need to work on drinking all of my water.
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I expected to gain because my eating was out of control this week, but I stayed the same. 275.5 Zero pounds lost. Time to start over!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join this group. I've been off the site for quite sometime now and I'm coming back. I weighed today and my weight was 253.2. Have a great day!
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It looks like we have had some success this week!
    I am down 1 lb for the week. Not as much as I wanted, I did not work as hard as I could have!
    I am at 230.8, down a total of 10.4.

Have a great week every one!!
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    I weighed in at 225 this morning. -2.5 lbs.

Katie-my weight for last week (29 Jan) should have been 227.5. My fault not yours. I didn't have my glasses on. LOL

Congratulations everyone on your losses! Great job!

Andee
  • dltracy
    dltracy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm starting off going the wrong direction. My weight this morning was 246.5 (after breakfast which I normally weigh in before I eat). Oh well, it's what I'm going with. I've been stuck for almost a month, so it's not surprise. Hopefully this trend will change. So I'm up 2.5 pounds.

Diana
    Starting weight: 312
    Current weight: 246.5
    Goal: 180
  • 301.4 this morning-- my new start weight. ~Becky
  • Here's a question for those of you who've been having success with your weight loss: do you have any easy, healthy, fairly budget-friendly meals that are tasty enough that you find yourself eating them fairly regularly? I know there are lots of recipes on the internet, and I actually have lots of cookbooks, but I'd love to get some firsthand recommendations.

I'm particularly interested in vegetarian and seafood recipes, since my daughter doesn't eat chicken or red meat.

Thanks, all!

Becky/Becca (I go by both)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've got recipes for veggie chili, veggie pizza from scratch, and a few others. Just do a search on MFP forums for Harvest Home Veggie Chili & Supremely Awesome Pizza
  • Nicmc8
    Options
    Here's a question for those of you who've been having success with your weight loss: do you have any easy, healthy, fairly budget-friendly meals that are tasty enough that you find yourself eating them fairly regularly? I know there are lots of recipes on the internet, and I actually have lots of cookbooks, but I'd love to get some firsthand recommendations.

I'm particularly interested in vegetarian and seafood recipes, since my daughter doesn't eat chicken or red meat.

Thanks, all!

Becky/Becca (I go by both)

I keep a very simple menu. I guess I am lucky because I am a single mom of a 4 yr old, so I don't have to worry about cooking huge dinners or dinners that everyone will like. One of things that has helped me be successful is that I usually have the same meal routine each day. Oatmeal for breakfast, Slimfast snack bar for my morning snack, Lean Cuisine and yogurt for lunch, Luna Bar for my afternoon snack and I don't really have any staples for dinner, it is usually spaghetti and meatballs or a can of soup. So nothing really great here, but it has been successful for me so far. I have lost 19 lbs in one month!
  • thicansxy
    Options
    Have been really busy all day today and still busy now. Been packing, got a cute little 2 bedroom house. Better then our 1 bedroom apartment. Had time to weigh in though and I am at 292.5 so I lost 3 pounds. Yea me that really made me feel good. But then tonight we went out for chinese. And ate and ate and ate tomorrow is going to be nice so I am going for a long walk and drink lots of water. and please lord be nice to me next friday when i weigh in.
  • Nicmc8
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, however normally I only update my weight on MFP once a week. Today is an exception, I finally hit the 20 lbs loss mark!!!! You bet I was logging it! And doing a happy dance on top of my scale!!!! 100lbs left to go, I know I can do it!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Sorry i have been too busy to check-in with you all. :ohwell: we still need to hear from a couple more folks, so i will wait until tomorrow evening to post our chart. :smile:

:flowerforyou: Meanwhile, we have an additional challenge with our weight loss this week.
    We need to all work at getting a minimum of 64 oz of water per day all week. :drinker:
    (if you already get 64 oz regularly, so this will not be challenging, you might try adding 8 to 16 additional oz)

if you haven't noticed before, at the bottom of the food diary, there is a water glass to record the number of 8 oz glasses you get each day. Your minimum for the challenge will be 8 glasses.
    You might try using a measuring cup to check the 8 or 16 oz level in the glasses you use regularly, it is sometimes surprising.

Nicole- 20 is terrific. i was very pleased last fall to hit 20, somehow to me it marked that i was really on the way. (Not just monthly fluctuation or flu). No denying at 20 that this is for real!!!!:bigsmile:
    thicansxy- congratulations on the new place, very exciting. drink lots of water (lots of sodium in chinese food)
    Becky- i have a couple of good recipes, i'll try to fetch & send them tomorrow or monday.
    marle- sorry, you've been ill, we win one meal & one choice at a time. so, let yesterday be over & start from here, you can do it.
    Trish- did you tell us about your marathon? i need to check back, i may have missed it.

good evening all & a happy tomorrow- katie
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hey new weight 242lbs - lost 4 lbs this week woohoo!

well done everyone x

ps tried on an old pair of jeans that i use to have a major muffin top in...ha not any more, fit fine now :bigsmile:

heather :smile:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Pinkchick congrats on the 4 lbs loss. That is awesome that you got into your jeans! I also tried on a sweater that was a little tight fighting and my belly rolls hung out so I refused to wear it. But I have it on today! :bigsmile: And my pants keep falling down. There my favorite jeans but I guess I will soon have to retire them and find a new favorite pair.

Great job everyone!:heart:

I'm up for the water challange! :drinker: