New Years Challenge

Options

Replies

• marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    CW: 246.6:smile:

I am slowly changing things in my life. Not because I want to cause I am totally addicted to food, but because I do not want to end up like my parents with health problems that are caused from their poor eating habits. This is a slow process but one that I hope to continue as I change my snack habits to healthy ones. I used to think of snacks as 'oh goody, junk food'. Now it is what can I eat that will fill me and give me good nutrition.

Last night I made a cabbage soup and put in other veggies that I liked. I found recipes on the internet and combined a couple. It was really good and have brought to work with me a bottle of it. For a snack this morning I had a cup of it warmed up with a couple of wheat thins. Counting the calories of both the soup and crackers. It is interesting to me how it made me feel. With the veggie soup I felt as if my body really liked the nutrients and comparing this to when I had got something that was starchy and fattening in the past. The later did not give me a boost as I would call it like the veggies did. I will be doing this more often for work as it has helped enormously. I am also trying to replace diet coke with diet green tea drinks. I am feeling that the diet coke is also keeping me from losing and also makes my blood pressure go up. I am hoping that the green tea will be a more healthy alternative to when I need something more than water to drink.

So as you can see, these changes I am making today I hope that will help me to loose this weight and be able to be more healthy than I am now.:wink:

Marmalade628
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Todays weigh in 133lbs
    Loss of 1lb
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    137 lbs, no change, hopefully next week
  • jacquel13
    jacquel13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 185.4

Bah, that's a .4 lb gain. I didn't do great with the water, but did get some great workouts in this past week. Hopefully I'm just retaining water and will see a big loss next week!

Jackie
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weighing in for this week: 151lbs.

Collidoscopekid, do we continue to weigh in on this thread or do we update the spreadsheet ourselves?

Just weigh in here and I will put your new weight in the spreadsheet and post it on Saturdays!
  • hayleyrex
    hayleyrex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    was doing something similar anyways so count me in!

i dont have a scale but im pretty sure im around 143. will confirm this later!

p.s. ya'll can add me as a friend if you like! let's get motivated!!!
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    CW: 305
  • smurforce
    Options
    CW: 211.8 (Loss: -1 lbs)

Struggles:
    1) not able to get my behind to the gym.
    2) I failed to resist the urge to eat church's chicken (like KFC but much better) and their fries on wednesday
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    CW: 246.6:smile:

I am slowly changing things in my life. Not because I want to cause I am totally addicted to food, but because I do not want to end up like my parents with health problems that are caused from their poor eating habits. This is a slow process but one that I hope to continue as I change my snack habits to healthy ones. I used to think of snacks as 'oh goody, junk food'. Now it is what can I eat that will fill me and give me good nutrition.

Last night I made a cabbage soup and put in other veggies that I liked. I found recipes on the internet and combined a couple. It was really good and have brought to work with me a bottle of it. For a snack this morning I had a cup of it warmed up with a couple of wheat thins. Counting the calories of both the soup and crackers. It is interesting to me how it made me feel. With the veggie soup I felt as if my body really liked the nutrients and comparing this to when I had got something that was starchy and fattening in the past. The later did not give me a boost as I would call it like the veggies did. I will be doing this more often for work as it has helped enormously. I am also trying to replace diet coke with diet green tea drinks. I am feeling that the diet coke is also keeping me from losing and also makes my blood pressure go up. I am hoping that the green tea will be a more healthy alternative to when I need something more than water to drink.

So as you can see, these changes I am making today I hope that will help me to loose this weight and be able to be more healthy than I am now.:wink:

Marmalade628

Well done. We are here to learn for the long run and not the sprint, cause the change needs to be with us long term!:smile:
  • mindy_moorehead
    Options
    Ok as of this morning my current weight is 208lbs.........I did just fine with the water challenge around 10-12 or more per day!!!!:)))))
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    SW:182
    CW:180!

The water challenge was exactly what I needed!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Not logging today, and its not going to be good. Going out this evening for drinks and wings, to celebrate the end of harvest. But will be getting on the treadmill in a little while for 30 minutes, to help counteract that. Will get back to counting again tomorrow. Hope everyine is having a great weekend.
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn´t weigh in yesterday - couldn´t get on a computer and I can´t see threads properly on my phone. :ohwell:

Weight: 136.4 lbs (small loss - but I knew these last 4-5 lbs will be the hardest!!)
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    do we already have another Mini Challenge for week 3??? If so, I am sorry, but I cannot find it!
  • lambing05
    Options
    CW : 69.4 kg ^_^

Last day of 30 days shred.. tapout xt to follow. I've been planning to walk / jog for 30-45 minutes every morning :)
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AliuR6rtHhhjdFJ1MUZCMlYwb3kxelZ0d2pnZUhDVUE#gid=0

Okay everyone! Here is the spreadsheet for this week! Had some awesome losses. You guys are doing wonderfully. Some of you did not weigh in. I just wanted to remind you that if you do not weigh in for 3 consecutive weeks I will drop you from the challenge.

As for the biggest losers this week, instead of just using the amount of pounds lost I calculated the percent of body weight lost, as suggested by renaegry. This makes it more fair because people who are only trying to lose 5-10 pounds would have never been able to make it into the biggest losers. For those of you who didn't lose this week,like myself, or gained I did not calculate your percentage for this week.So here are the biggest losers:

2.09%-SunshineGRL76
    2.57%-soaps54
    2.7%-lambing05
    2.84%-KenSmith108
    4.59%- mindy_moorehead

Congratulations to you guys!Awesome work this week!

As for the mini-challenge this week or should I say challenges. Your first challenge is to work out a part of your body that you dislike working out.For me, that is definitely my arms. For others it could be cardio or legs.

I decided to have another challenge because of something I have been going through lately. I find I do amazing all week and then binge Friday,Saturday,and Sunday. Then I spend the rest of the week getting of those binge pounds. So I lose the same 2 pounds over and over again. I always have a cheat day on the weekends but it shouldn't be three days!Also I shouldn't go crazy! So my challenge for everyone is to stay under your goal amount of calories at least 2 out of 3 days next weekend.

As for these mini-challenges, feel free to suggest something you would like to see as a challenge. I have no problem taking suggestions!If you guys need anything at all you are more than welcome to shoot me a message either on my account or just leave a comment on this page. I check it frequently.

Good luck to all this week!
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to update earlier.
    But weight on friday was
    223.8 lbs
  • hayleyrex
    hayleyrex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 138 this weekend.
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late to join in on the challenge!..
    My current weight: 215
    Goal weight by Dec 26: 195
    That's -20 lbs. :)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Way to go to all the biggest losers this week. My night out wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, I only had a few wings, but I sure made up for it in the beer catagory. Have a slight headache today. Will try to stay on track today, but it will be hard, cause all I want to do the day after drinnking is eat. But will try to stay somewhat close to calories. Will get back on the treadmill tom. Going to stick with my workout schedule MWF treadmill, and TT no more trouble zones dvd.

Collidoscopek - I do the exact same thing on the weekends, I don't count Fri and Sat - eat way to much, don't work out, and spend all week trying to lose what I gained that weekend - so I love the challenge you made this week.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.