Broken Hearted :-(

Options
1235»

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    get a rebound

it sucks girl, and i feel your pain... first off, never let yourself be dependent on another. next time things look bad, look for a solution at the beginning of all the bad crap so you arnt totally screwed (if not for you, for your son)

i think the hardest part is seeing the other person have no emotion over everything that you shared. just put all of your efforts into improving and bettering yourself/you life.

just remember, every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    get a rebound

it sucks girl, and i feel your pain... first off, never let yourself be dependent on another. next time things look bad, look for a solution at the beginning of all the bad crap so you arnt totally screwed (if not for you, for your son)

i think the hardest part is seeing the other person have no emotion over everything that you shared. just put all of your efforts into improving and bettering yourself/you life.

just remember, every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end.

Yes you are right. I mean today is only the first day so I guess I am bound to hurt. A rebound well the thought of any other man right now is just not appealing at all :-(
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    IMO, you've got too much to be doing right now...during business hours, to be chatting with people on here.

Do what needs to be done now.

Cry later.

I know this sounds insensitive, but it is no different than I would be expecting of myself or than what I would tell a friend.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    IMO, you've got too much to be doing right now...during business hours, to be chatting with people on here.

Cry later.

I know this sounds insensitive, but it is no different than I would be expecting of myself or than what I would tell a friend.

Exactly. You say this is your time? No. There is no 'your time' in such a desperate situation. You can have 'your time' when your son has his security first.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Cry later.

No it's not insensitve. It's honest.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    it will last until you decide that you've had enough crying and force yourself to go on. my advice is to find a job asap
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    After being together for 4 years, were you not on the checking account or have access to ANY of the household funds????

I know this breakup hurts but think about it. Why are you wasting sooooo much energy on a man who obviously disregards you or your sons feelings? You and your son deserve more than that. It's ok to cry, scream whatever, but it's time to take back your life. Get mad. Get REAL mad. You are showing him just how much power he had over you. You realize I say HAD. That is because now it's time you take that power back. Do not give in to him. I don't know what state you are in but you are technically common law married. Make him divorce you if he wants out of the relationship. He owes you something. Check to see if the state you live in has a legal aide department that helps low income people with legal issues. Keep pounding the streets for a job. Someone, somewhere is hiring. Even if it is just seasonal. Or better yet, go back to school. You can get some damn good grants and federal aide as a single mom with nothing. Check with your local workforce commission or temporary help agencies. You can do this. It sucks but you can do it.

It may take a while to get over the hurt but you will be ok. Promise!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    After being together for 4 years, were you not on the checking account or have access to ANY of the household funds????

I know this breakup hurts but think about it. Why are you wasting sooooo much energy on a man who obviously disregards you or your sons feelings? You and your son deserve more than that. It's ok to cry, scream whatever, but it's time to take back your life. Get mad. Get REAL mad. You are showing him just how much power he had over you. You realize I say HAD. That is because now it's time you take that power back. Do not give in to him. I don't know what state you are in but you are technically common law married. Make him divorce you if he wants out of the relationship. He owes you something. Check to see if the state you live in has a legal aide department that helps low income people with legal issues. Keep pounding the streets for a job. Someone, somewhere is hiring. Even if it is just seasonal. Or better yet, go back to school. You can get some damn good grants and federal aide as a single mom with nothing. Check with your local workforce commission or temporary help agencies. You can do this. It sucks but you can do it.

It may take a while to get over the hurt but you will be ok. Promise!

I hope I will... My friend took me to the local welfare office I know sounds so pathetic but they quit taking appointments at 2 pm and that is when she could take me so I am stuck until Monday. I emailed my ex hoping for any kind of miracle but I doubt I will hear back from him
  • LiveLifeLogically
    Options
    I'm glad you are making an effort to get to the welfare office. That is a great first step. However, this site, myfitnesspal, is really the LAST site you should be on right now. Every post that you have posted over the past few weeks is about your failing relationship. I am all for supporting my friends on this site, however, this IS A FITNESS AND HEALTH RELATED SITE. Not a relationship counseling site.

I wish the best for you and your son. However, I think it's best that you look for guidance in the right areas....guidance for women in crisis, women's counseling, etc.

Didn't you say you were in the Washington State area? If so, this is a start: http://www.wwin.org/

If not Washington, most every other state has similar organizations. I wish the best of luck to you and your son.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes I know some of you think I am not putting my son first.... He is at his dads house until this weekend sometime... SO this is my me moment to cry and act like a baby or whatever it is some of you think I am doing... I have never been put out like this. Also there are reasons I have not worked the last few years. NO I was not mooching off of him. He makes 2 thousand dollars a week and when he got this job he said he wanted me to stay home that I did not need to work if I did not want to........

If he makes 2 grand a week why are you guys living with his parents?!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    It takes a while. I was married for 14 years when my ex-husband called, yes called .. not in person, and told me he was leaving. That was four years ago and if I allow myself to think about it for any extended period of time, I will cry even to this day. Give yourself some time to grieve for the relationship .. but, you need to give yourself a cut off time to stop focusing on the sadness. If you find yourself thinking about it .. retrain your thoughts. Take them somewhere else. Get up and organize a closet .. paint your nails, scrub the floor .. anything. Just move your mind forward. Don't let it go backwards. If I let myself .. I could wallow in still. He didn't treat me any better than your ex it sounds like. So .. you need to take responsibility for your thoughts. Just because they are there, doesn't mean you have to think about it .. re-train your brain to think about other things.

In the meantime, you need to get your shizzle together. You have a child.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    WTH Denise? Honey.

You've had your cry. Everyone needs that. The only options I see for you:

Decide to change your paradigm; moving from one of sadness to one of opportunity.

OR:

Keep doing what you're doing.

Honey you got this. Decide to make a stand. Grab your balls, face the world, and go out and find the man worthy of you.

Go to a mirror right now and say "Without ME it'd just be AWESO"

:D

:hug:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I feel for your child. smh
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Me time? Really?

I get that you are hurt, but this was coming. You don't post a bunch of questions online for weeks about the status of your relationship and pretend this is out of the blue. Suck it up...you can have "your" moment later.

You've got other things to figure out. Part of your problem is this pity party you're allowing yourself. Figure out that you are worth more, can do more, and have responsibiities. Then have a good cry and be done.

I don't say this out of harshness but more of a wake up. My exhusband left me with two four-year olds and a three-year old. Sure, it was hard...it's still sometimes a touchy subject, but I had my children to worry about. As a mom...I know you are aware that "you" are not the priority. Stop putting your son through these toxic relationships. Work on you, as a mom and as a woman.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Everyone is different and everyone deals with heart break differently. I still haven't gotten over my heartbreak. It's been a year for me but it hasn't stopped me from dating other people.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't know what state you are in but you are technically common law married. Make him divorce you if he wants out of the relationship. He owes you something.

Sorry, but NO, you can't be married against your will.

Only a few states recognize common-law marriages, and most of them require specific intent, agreement, and publically representing yourself as married (on taxes, joint property, name changes, Mr./Mrs., calling each other "husband/wife", etc.)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Sack up, lady. You've got a kid to worry about. Never. EVER. expect anybody to take care of you. You have a responsibility to your child to take care of them, not some man (or woman, for that matter.)

You knew this was coming, you posted all kinds of threads on it so time to be an adult. You have bigger fish to fry.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Your a hot milf, just find yourself a rich toyboy and live happily ever after
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Be better prepared next time. As an adult, how do you not have money, car or phone? Were you just leeching off of him?

um no I moved out of state with him a few years ago. I had a job and car up to that point. He was making really great money where we went and so he wanted me to stay home and I did the wife and mom thing as one of his kids lived with us to... No leeching at all.

Even married I would never do the "stay at home, make no money- depend on someone else" routine. I live with my BF of 4 years and I OWN everything I have. I pay my own phone bill, check, I own my own car, check, I buy my own groceries, check- Job? CHECK!

:indifferent: