Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So I live in an old house and the guy that live here before me shot and killed a police officer. Apparently there were bullet holes in the house but I never knew about it before signing the papers( I was having new siding put on) I've had a couple weird things happen here but the strangest was when I woke up one morning to all my cupboard doors open.
    ..dig the stories!! But.... FOR SALE!! LOLthat would freak me out!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love the paranormal and have had quite a few experiences.

My grandparents have a way of letting my family know they are ok once they've passed. This happened with both of my maternal grandparents and with my step-grandmother.

After the funeral for my grandfather, when I was 11, the family was sitting in the house and we all heard footsteps upstairs, in my grandparents bedroom. Everyone was downstairs at the time and everyone heard the footsteps. We all searched the house and someone even went on the roof. There was no one there.

When my step-grandmother died there was a rainbow that appeared as her funeral ended...and there had been no rain for days.

My maternal grandmother was very special to me. She passed 10 days before my wedding and I was devastated. I was with my mother and sister after the funeral going through her things in her room. My mother had said aloud "Please mom, just give me a sign that you are ok". My grandmother had a bedside table with a drawer. My mother had pulled the drawer out earlier and we inspected the contents. Nothing unusual - pill bottles, a rosary, jewelry, etc. We went through the entire drawer. After my mother asked for the sign, for some reason, she opened the drawer again (even though we had gone through it already) and right there, on top of everything was a prayer card that said something to the effect of "I am home at last, do not cry for me, it is beautiful here, there is no more pain, etc" (I can't remember exactly). We know for a fact that the prayer card was NOT there when we looked in the drawer before. I looked at my mother and said "Well, there's your sign". My grandmother died almost 12 years ago and still comes to me in my dreams. Most of the time she is just there watching, but occasionally she will speak a few words, just to give advice. It comforts me.

A tattoo shop that I've been in is in an old funeral home. They suspected that they had ghosts, so they set up a security camera. Well, after watching the tape, they've discovered that every night, after midnight when the shop closes, white "clouds" rise up from the floor and swirl around the room. I would not have believed this if I had not seen the security footage myself. It was freaky!!!!

I also think that I am just ever so slightly clairvoyant. Not enough to be useful, but just enough to make me believe. For instance, I will think about someone that I haven't seen or spoken to in ages and all of a sudden I will see them out and about, or they will call me or email me, etc. Also, lately, I will have thoughts (that I don't say out loud) and then people will actually say them (like they read my mind) or my thoughts will come true (like premonitions). I wish I could use this ability to pick winning lottery numbers, but alas, I cannot. LOL

Oh yea, one more --- Twice now the hubby and I have been in the kitchen cooking and neither one of us was anywhere near the stove and a handle just fell off of a dutch oven that was on the stove, and a grill pan just fell off the stove onto the floor. Scared the crap out of me!!!! :huh:

And...oddly enough, I came across this thread just as the show "Angels and Aliens" on the History channel started on the TV...
  • jaded011
    Options
    This is a cool topic..

It would take me FOREVER to tell u about my experiences.. however- me and my best friend a couple other people used to have our own paranormal research group when we lived in CT-...

and something follows me.. especially when im sick, like badly ill, after surgery, before surgery, and such.. its been around lately- i know i sound nuts.. but i can feel it- sometimes catch glimpses of it.. and one time walking out of the bathroom, there is a full length mirror hanging on the door leading upstairs right across from the bathroom- and i saw a man there, couldnt see alot of detail, it was late, but it was like he was standing right behind me.. turn, nothing.. turn back to mirror,, saw it...
    sometimes i wonder if it could be my best friend who overdosed and died 10 years go.. wanting to be with me when im going through a really hard time and im sick.. OR- something that makes me wanna think that- like, something that feeds off that illness.. i wish i had a way to know for sure- even though i had a paranormal research group- can't make them talk to u if they wont....
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A little more than a year after my grandpa had passed, I was back at their place for a visit. My grandpa was a carpenter and had a workshop in the garage. I went out just to sit in his old stool. Smell the smells, close my eyes and remember him in that context. After awhile I decided to go back inside and as I opened the door I said aloud, "I love you grandpa. Miss you". In that moment I heard him say "Hi sweetheart". The hair on my neck stood up and I swung around to see him but of course, nothing there. I'd love to have that happen again but it never has. That was almost 8 years ago.
    That's quite a story. Love it.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

one time walking out of the bathroom, there is a full length mirror hanging on the door leading upstairs right across from the bathroom- and i saw a man there, couldnt see alot of detail, it was late, but it was like he was standing right behind me.. turn, nothing.. turn back to mirror,, saw it...
    sometimes i wonder if it could be my best friend who overdosed and died 10 years go..

OMG I would die peeing myself. I am SUCH a baby
  • trmndsblndtte
    trmndsblndtte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I really think my mom's spirit is following me around. We have automatic lights and facets in the bathroom at work and frequently when I go in the lights will start to flicker and the water turns on and off by itself.

Could also just be that the water is going on and off because the lights are flickering and the lights are flickering because the building is old and the bulbs need to be replaced.

I prefer to think it's my mom.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    need to read this!!!
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Oooh, I have so many stories.

1) About a year or two after my dad died, I came home from school one day. I was home alone and sat down on the couch to take my shoes off. I look over to the cushion beside me and it sinks really low like someone was sitting in it. Lets say I hauled *kitten* to my room.

2) Late one night I was up pretty late, about 1 or 2 am and I heard this noise in the house. I brushed it off as one of the cats. Then all of a sudden I hear boats walking from the dining room to in front of my bedroom door and stop. Nearly had a heart attack. AlI could is hide under my covers and hope whatever it was didn't get me.

3) For the longest time, I had this large, tall, black figure stand in my corner at night. It wasn't a shadow and there was nothing on the wall. Sometimes it'd move closer to me and sometimes it'd move around my room. Either way it'd scare the hell outta me and I couldn't leave my room since it was always near my door.

4) Where my computer table is at, I every so often will see a tall grayish figure peep at me from around the top of the door frame. That one doesn't bother me so much, but it still startles me if I'm not really expecting it.

5) My sisters door is right across from mine. One night I walked out my room and saw a little girl in a yellow plaid dress standing in her room. I thought I was just seeing things, until I walked backwards to double take. She was still there and the vanished. She doesn't bother me, but I like to creep my sister out with her.

6) 2 years ago my 13yr old dog died. Last year I was sitting in my room around 6pm and I could hear his feet and claws tapping on the floor in the hall way. No one was home so it was impossible to be someone or something else. It's pretty comforting to know he's still around though.

7) About 3 years ago I was at a friends house and she was upstairs taking a shower and my sister was in the shower down stairs. I was sitting in the kitchen and I heard a young girl call my name from upstairs. I answered thinking it was my friend. It called my name again and I once again answered. 10 minutes later my friend came down stairs and I asked her what she said she didn't know what I was talking about. She knows her house is haunted so I didn't feel so creeped out that something happened to me.

8) I was at a different friends house. I was sitting on her bed and I heard someone whistle from the hall way. I look up and the creepy thing was looking at me from around the corner and then disappeared. The same night I then heard a cat in the room crying, but there wasn't any in the house. Apparently she's seen and heard them both before. Still doesn't change it from being strange.

9) I was at the beach 2 summers ago with my sister and a friend. We decided to go walking on the beach late one night. They ran ahead of me on the way back to house, all of a sudden I see someone run into water and disappear. I called out to them and they came back. Neither one of them came walking towards the water and there was no one else on that part of the beach.

10) This happened the same night as number 9. He were laying on the beach looking at the stars. We were talking about ghosts and ship wrecks and how we think they're life on other planets. All of a sudden you hear these thuds behind our heads. We automatically sit up to look for who it was but no one was there. It was impossible to be anyone. It was only maybe 2 inches from our heads. No one could've gotten that close without sand flying up or someone hitting us.

I have quite a few more, but I'm tired of typing. I kinda hope to have more experiences soon.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Ooohhhh...I forgot one! I told ya I had a lot! LOL About 10 years ago we moved into an apartment that had a really strange room. It looked like it could have been a small bathroom, but the only thing in the room was a jacuzzi tub, surrounded by mirrors. There was a small closet in the corner, too. It was directly across the hall from the actual bathroom, so I know it wasn't ever a real bathroom at one point, so I have no idea WHAT it was before. But....the room always creeped me out. I just got a very strange vibe every time I stepped into the room, and especially in the closet. One time, I decided that I wanted to enjoy a nice relaxing jacuzzi bath, so I gave in to the creepiness and went for it. I lit candles and had music and wine, the whole 9 yards. I was still a little bit creeped out, but was really trying. Just as I started to relax I felt my right thigh get pulled/sucked to the side of the tub. It turns out that the intake jet had lost the screen and was acting as pure suction. I got stuck on the jet and started freaking out. When I finally managed to pull myself loose I got sucked into the OTHER side, as that screen had fallen off too! I screamed and my husband came running in and turned the jets off. We were both shocked that both f the screens had fallen off like that....I had huge bruises on both of my legs. Needless to say, I never went in that room again. :noway:
  • moaniecracker
    Options
    I have a few stories to share. One happened just last night. From time to time I bring my dog inside to sleep on my bed. I have been having back problems, so I sleep on my futon while my dog sleeps on the bed. I was on the computer and my dog was sound asleep, that is until she had an itch. She got up, positioned herself to scratch and then did a double take to the corner of my bed room. She started for about 15 seconds then ran to me and hid behind me on the futon. It took a lot to get her back on the bed....really kinda creeps me out.

This next story didn't happen to me, but to a friend's kid. He used to have stories all the time about a boy named "Johnny" that lives in his backyard. He doesn't live in an old house, but the area used to be slave owner property. Anyway, one day he was telling me about seeing Johnny outside his bedroom window, and he was on a riding lawnmower. What really scared him was Johnny had no arms, so he was pushing the lawnmower with his chest. Apparently, he would just go back and forth for hours on end. Often times he would even have stories about talking to Johnny through his bedroom window and telling us stories about how he died in a lawnmower accident.

I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but I am a little more convinced since a 3 year old doesn't understand the idea of an invisible friend.
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had so many experiences I'm not sure how people can even deny the existence of an afterlife. I can 100% say that it exists.
    I used to babysit for 4 children. Their parents would go out of town for the weekend and I was a live in nanny pretty much. Well we would be playing or sitting around reading and the light switch, which mind you was directly in front of my eyes would flick on and off continually. There is no explanation except that someone had to be doing it. Then, when the children were watching cartoons the channel would randomly and continuously change with the remote sitting directly on the counter. I would literally have to tell the spirit/person to stop upsetting the children and leave the tv alone. He would put it back on what they were watching! (This house was isolated, and I mean ISOLATED, no neighbors what-so-ever so it wasn't interference from another home) Then their 3 year old child would talk to the man in the "hat." It got to the point that I wouldn't sleep for days when I babysat (Fri, Sat, Sun) and was so terrified that I finally told them I couldn't babysit anymore. The constant presence in that house was too much for me to bear. Unfortunate because they payed so well!! They finally told me that the children's great-grandpa had passed away in the house and they had just become accustomed to him. Yikes!

On another note, when I was 7 years old, I looked out my bedroom window because I saw red and yellow lights going back and forth and a UFO ( I mean, round, flying disc, silent, eerie) was literally 10 feet away. I could have walked outside to touch the thing or thrown a rock and hit it. It stayed for an hour!!! going back and fourth in the sky above my window, but lower than the trees. I know that it was watching me, or knew that I could see it. It literally felt like it was playing games with me. I was so hysterical and petrified to sleep alone my parents sought me counseling. I was always so ashamed of this but now I don't care because these sightings have caused me so much trauma, especially as a child that it changed who I was as an adult. Def. more open minded! I laugh at all these specials called "Are UFO''s real" ....um yes idiots. Now whether or not UFO's are the government I don't know. However, I could never imagine why the government would act like the UFO I saw. It was studying me and studying the environment. Obvious by the way it moved.
  • miahnkaysan2010
    Options
    i love this subject....my boyfriend an i have to gone ghost hunting we dont do anything major go take pics..ive got some really spooky pics! its fun
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My father died Sept 30 2011. 2 days after his burial I went back to work. As I was washing my hands I saw him over my right shoulder. Told him that was enuf, that he couldnt follow me to work. Hasnt happened since.
    My father has knocked on my mom's apartment door, woke her up asking her for nickels, and has been walking around her apartment. My mom and I sat down and "talked" to him and told him that she would be ok and that he could move on. There hasnt been any more evidence of him since.
    I found my neighbor dead in her house on Nov 2 2011. I have been woke up by the immense smell of a bouquet of flowers and am positive that it is her letting me know she is ok.
    My ex father in law died in 1998 and I could smell Swisher Sweet Cigars off and on in the house, they were his favorite. I also saw him walk down the hallway of the house one afternoon.
    Moved into my current house and shortly after that my dog woke me up by sitting up in bed and looking at the door. I heard footsteps in the hallway. My heart was racing. My dog is not a good watch dog! She finally laid back down and the footsteps stopped. Freaked me out!!!!
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My kids will forsure be sleeping with me tonight, this is scary!!
  • miahnkaysan2010
    Options
    a few things that happend to me

1. my friend an i were laying in her bed talking it must have been 1 or 2 am..it was me an her and her aunt sleeping in the other room,, i heard footsteps come down the hall, sounded like someone wearing clogs, i ignored it went to talk again an my friend said SHHH i was like you heard that to? shes like Yes an we both screamed to her aunt in fear an told her we heard someone walk up the hallway an she goes... it was the dog you fool go back to bed! i was like, was the dog wearing clogs??????

2. i was sitting at the table with my mother just me an her home tv was off... it was quit we were talking and i heard a girl scream at the top of her lungs, my mom kept chatting i said didnt you hear that?????? she was like hear what? i told my sister the story an she said the same thing happend to her outside and my dad did not hear it but she did!!!!!!

3. when my dad passed away, i was in my room an my mom on the phone asked me to pick up the newspaper on the way to her house, i happend to look down and see 3 quarters on my floor i said yup ill use my quarters on the floor to get it...i turned to the closet to get my pants turned back around and omg there were only 2 quarters instead of 3 it stopped me dead in my tracks cause i was SURE there were 3...... i instantly thought of him... i look for the 3rd quarter but didnt see it i was home alone and all i did was turn to the left no way it could have gone away or i kicked it or anything.... i said oh well i went to leave an i got in my car an i thought i have to go hunt for that other quarter! i ran back in an as im runnin up the stairs i just picture my dad laughing histarically at me....i went back to my car after not finding the 3rd quater..and yup i ended up running back to my room 3 times to find it all the while just seeing my dad laugh......

4. after my dad passed smoke alarm going off for no reason i run to check it an it shuts off... also id be on myspace ( cause this was about 5 yrs ago) id leave myspace open an walk away,, come back to a full page open about different settings for my computer. mostly about things for the hearing impaired..this happend maybe 5 times or so..and ONLY after my dad died and ONLY those few times never again...

5. after my dad passed i was at my moms watching home videos with my dad in them, i put something in the microwave and shut the door an it turned on by itself and the time on it said 0000 so i defenetly didnt set it to anything... i just stared at it like ummmm OK.... mom has had the same microwave for years and it ONLY did that that one time

6. my friend justin passsed away last xmas, i was talking about him to my boyfriend an i came back into the kitchen, i left facebook open an had walked away, just like when i left myspace open an i thought my dad was messing with my computer i came back into the kitchen after talkin about justin to my boyfriend and a full page was open about verizon an asking me to put my cellphone number in... i called justins sister i said what cell company did justin use she said verizon why i said i think he just said hello..... it was the one an only time that happend on my computer... i was at the table feeling very weird i told my bf i feel so weird right now an i was shivering all over...i felt a very strong pressence for almost a week i was so scared at night i was under my blanket. i said one night to my bf, baby i swear i just heard someone walk in my living room an sit on the couch! we were both scared an slept with the living room light on

7. when my friend justin died i went to his aunts house the house he grew up in...i was reading his journal and i had my son bring me my camera i wanted to take a pic of his writings... my son goes, im gonna take a picture of you guys im ilke go for it... he stood in the door way an took 2 pics.. didnt check the pics till i got home and the pics have HUGE bright orbs in them...i mean huge and ive never seen orbs so big an bright ive taken plenty of orb pics but never seen nothing like this, also we were going throught pictures and things and a nail hit justins older sister in the chest an it hit her pretty hard she was like OWWWWWE that HURT...we have no clue where it came from justins neices were in the room, sitting right next to us one is 11 an one is 3...we didnt see anyone throw it an like i said it hit her hard so we probly would have seen them chuch it at her.. also toys were going off by her head when she was sleeping, the dora books that walk when you push the bottons...she also thought she heard justin make noises like he used to at his aunt an she thought what is that the tv is on mute and then someone tugged at her shirt.

i went to a group reading with medium vikki monroe........ when i got home it was night time an i was getting things out of my back seat of my car, when i pulled in i had seen my friends husband comming down his stairs... as i was getting things out of my car i felt someone walk right up behind me... i was about to turn around and say HI to whoever it was i did an no one was there, i looked to see where her husband was an he was way down the opposite direction...i know someone was there, then i looked up an saw a black shadow move as fast as light...and again..i went inside an told my boyfriend, someone was just outside with me !!!!!!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    i love this subject....my boyfriend an i have to gone ghost hunting we dont do anything major go take pics..ive got some really spooky pics! its fun

Share some???
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bump. I like to read these, too. :)
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A little more than a year after my grandpa had passed, I was back at their place for a visit. My grandpa was a carpenter and had a workshop in the garage. I went out just to sit in his old stool. Smell the smells, close my eyes and remember him in that context. After awhile I decided to go back inside and as I opened the door I said aloud, "I love you grandpa. Miss you". In that moment I heard him say "Hi sweetheart". The hair on my neck stood up and I swung around to see him but of course, nothing there. I'd love to have that happen again but it never has. That was almost 8 years ago.

That happened to me not long after my Mother passed and it was a real comfort. Didn't stop me missing her (that's a daily thing!) but it gave me some peace, if you know what I mean. Maybe their way of telling us it will all be ok!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    our house is about 120 years old... with an addition added about 70 years ago... the original part of the house is ghost free... but the addition is definitely haunted by at least three separate entities.... one of them benign, but two of them are definitely hostile.... I can't even go into that side of the house anymore......

my son was the last person to live in that side of the house... he used the bedrooms for two years until I finally forced him to leave those rooms..... it got to be so routine for him to be woken up at 2 in the morning by things moving around his room, and just a presence that is felt that when it started he would just get up and go sleep on the couch when it started....

As a teenager his friends thought it would be cool to sleep in a haunted room, but rarely did anyone stay the entire night and NONE of them would venture down the hallway alone.....

I've been wanting to get someone to come in and find out what's going on, but who do you call without sounding like a nut job????
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    that gave me goose bumps just reading - wow