Replies

• sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have to hide cottage cheese, I like it in pancakes. Blend 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, cook it in a pan, and top with sugar free syrup.

I also mix it in with yogurt, sugar free pistachio pudding mix, and fruit cocktail.

Sometimes I will mix it in with my oatmeal, it doesn't seem to affect the flavor of what I put in it, and has a similar texture to the oatmeal.

I also like to mix cinnamon, and sweetener in it to dip apple slices in.

I am loving the pancake recipe. I will have to try that
  • atticus84
    atticus84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the fruit with cottage cheese, but I love having it with tomatoes, (in fact did that for lunch today, someone had baby tomatoes and i just put a scoop full of cottage cheese on it and mmmmm, with pepper) and getting a can of the diced up jalepenos and mixing that in is good as well.
  • Gar10Pixie
    Gar10Pixie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Put it in a crepe with fruit. Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmm!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blingtee
    Options
    Like how much peanut butter do you use?
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    oh the list is endless with cottage cheese!!!

1. Tuna fish - cottage cheese is an excellent substitute for mayo. Doctor it up as if you were to have used mayo.
    2. PB2, Hershey cocoa powder - mix the 2 and you have reeses cup in your mouth (i also do this with greek yogurt). Add a banana into the mix, and wow - what a great dessert. I also freeze my cottage cheese when I make this....mixed berries work just as well. And I used the frozen kind. Great alternative to ice cream!
    3. Cinnamon and apples
    4. Mix kashi or fiber one cereal into the mix with fresh fruit - peaches or apple and cinnamon. Great breakfast
    5. Protein powder
    6. Salsa - great for dipping veggies in
    8. Use it in lasagnas instead of ricotta
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! :)
  • keeleen
    Options
    All great ideas! Saving this for later!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I stir in a little brown mustard, add some cracked pepper and use it for artichoke dippings instead of butter. its delish!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Sliced tomato and basil. I don't like cottage cheese, but my husband swears by it.
  • Mrs_Holly
    Options
    I'm going to try that for a treat some night... Thank You for that idea~ :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I've always thrown cottage cheese in my yogurt and put dried cereal in it...it's pretty good!
  • LadyFisch
    LadyFisch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found no salt cottage cheese. It's kind of tasteless but I when you add some sugar free jam to cottage cheese it's yummy :smile:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Okay this sounds weird but it's actually really amazing and taste like ice cream or a milkshake I found the recipe on a blog.

1/2 cup Low fat cottage cheese
    1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
    3-5 Drops butter or almond extract
    1 tbs Vanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extractanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    3-5 Stevia packets (or sweetener of choice to taste)
    1/2 cup-1cup Water (Alter this according to desired consistency)
    5-10 Ice Cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
    Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum 3
    Sprinkles for topping!

187 Calories
    2 g Fat
    5 g Carbohydrate
    3 g Sugar
    35 g Protein
  • vbutlerb
    vbutlerb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I added it to a chickpea spinach oatmeal patty (seasoned of course). Oh and cook/season the oatmeal before mixing snd broiling the patties. Small amt of olive oil mixed in as well.
    20120921_194501_zps6d18dec6.jpg
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I like the ones you can get with chives in and also there's a pineapple one I really like. I put them rice cakes or crackers, or just.on the side of salad
  • soozwood
    Options
    I stumbled upon a taste sensation!! I had pineapple cottage cheese and put some lemon-infused olives, all on some ryvita. Absolutely amazing!
  • MargaretFlowers
    Options
    I have seen several people mention Nordica 1%. What is this. I have never heard of it. I live in England. UK
  • vbutlerb
    vbutlerb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I put a dab of pesto in it.

Sounds great!